What's new

My intro and bona fides...

HatchBrew

Veteran
Sorry the pics aren't the best. Little girl has done some rough photography with it. Posted some better ones on insta gram

How's it going

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Sorry the pics aren't the best. Little girl has done some rough photography with it. Posted some better ones on insta gram

How's it going

Things go well for me. I haven't been posting much because there is nothing new to show. I'm growing the same cultivars in soil I mixed with the same results.

The only thing that is ever changing is the fight against spider mites and powdery mildew. It never gets out of hand but I have to be vigilant with watching for these problems.

I spent some of my summer hiking in the mountains and staying overnight. Grew my vegetables and have been eating much of what I harvest. I do give some of it away.

I'm retired so my days are similar. I did just sign up for a college course here because of the senior discount. I'm auditing the class and don't get graded. I'll probably take another class next quarter.

Treedoc22

Hello I'm interested to read more about how your current growing is doing ? Are you still around,I'm new here and have a lot to learn about this site. Thanks for any help I can get Treedoc22

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Hi my screen name is treedoc22 I'm new here and look forward to your growing and info.

I'm still around but not posting. Are you interested in learning about creating your own soils? You can ask me specific questions or read through my journal where I have discussed some of this. Let me know how I can help.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Wow, I haven't been around since 2017. That's a long time. My life has changed from the cellar growing days. I'm now a head gardener for a legal cannabis grow here in the state of Washington. Over the "stay home and stay safe" I taught myself to grow mushrooms. I don't grow the magically ones, just eatable. I've got one restaurant customer but I'm not looking to expand the mushroom grow.

Those old males I had from my earlier post I saved pollen and it lasted almost nine years. During that time breed it with Clackamas Coot's The One. I hunted those seeds and found what I named Pakalolo One. Jeremy of BuildaSoil in season 3 grew some of those seeds that Coot gave him. Coot likes Pakalolo One better than his The One.

Here is Pakalolo One from last summer. I got 1 1/2 pounds of buds from her. That's a good harvest here in the PNW.

Pakalolo One.jpg