What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My intro and bona fides...

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I'm flipping to 11 on and 13 off of my new mothers tomorrow. I moved them today but they won't be under that timing until tomorrow because they will be on for 18 hours today even though I moved them to the flower area 2.

Jihad
Jihad%20May%2018%202016_zpst6jfknmw.jpg

Afgooey
Afgooey%20May%2018%202016_zpsacyxotmu.jpg

I've got a Goblin Queen that is 49 days after the flip and she is almost ready to be harvested.

Goblin Queen
Goblin%20Queen%20May%2018%202016_zpsr32mnibk.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I know I haven't been posting many pictures lately but things really haven't changed much from all the other pictures I've posted. I'm running the same cultivars so not much new to show. I've done some more pollinating and have some more seeds.

Here are the seed mothers.

Durbin Bubble
Durbin%20Bubble%20May%209%202016_zps2sba0dj0.jpg

Afgooey
Afgooey%20May%209%202016_zpsgdwgapw1.jpg

Jihad
Jihad%20May%209%202016_zpsxyp7q4lb.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I did take down a Blue Orca yesterday but I still have 3 more ladies at a little over 7 weeks.

Flower area 1
Flower%20area%201_zpssuemlsqc.jpg

And here is the on deck girls.

Teenagers
Teenagers%20May%209%202016_zpshn4jubsq.jpg

Tweeners
Tweeners%20May%209%202016_zpsijaobjlr.jpg

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good brother. You not growing outside this year? One more GS to come down soon. First GS is still chilling in a ball jar.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Looking good brother. You not growing outside this year? One more GS to come down soon. First GS is still chilling in a ball jar.

Nothing outdoors this summer. The rules for MMJ change the first of July so growing outdoors would put me over my allowable plants.

Shooters

Nothing outdoors this summer. The rules for MMJ change the first of July so growing outdoors would put me over my allowable plants.

Exactly right, 'cept I'm going the other way and having my allotment outdoors in the greenhouses, I still have two holes left to fill with 6 different strains competing for the spots. Latest two are Flo and Black Lime Reserve, still waiting for them to sex.

This latest law has really made it hard to do any strain creation and testing and still keep a steady supply of meds on the shelf.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
do you take the BO 70+?

I took it at 51 days due to PM issues. I use malted barley teas once every two weeks and I have found that it reduces the amount of time it takes for the plant to mature. So even though I took it about a week early it was still well developed. I had a few tiny spots of PM on fan leaves and I know from experience that it can take over a plant in a matter of days. I decide to grab it early while the buds were still clean.

Exactly right, 'cept I'm going the other way and having my allotment outdoors in the greenhouses, I still have two holes left to fill with 6 different strains competing for the spots. Latest two are Flo and Black Lime Reserve, still waiting for them to sex.

This latest law has really made it hard to do any strain creation and testing and still keep a steady supply of meds on the shelf.

The rules are changing first of July but there are certain exceptions that will allow you to grow 15 plants. The definition of a plant has changed so anything that is rooted is considered a plant. You need to read the details here:

http://www.doh.wa.gov/ForPublicHeal...essionsandFacilities/MedicalMarijuanaCannabis

My MMJ doctor will allow me to grow 15 plants because I don't smoke it but instead make hash and from hash make oil that I put in caps. My MMJ doctor liked the fact that I was making meds instead of smoking it. But this has to be done via the registry that the state is setting up.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
These ladies got flipped on April 19 and they are ready to be taken. I could let them go a little longer but I want to clean up the area and hit it with a sulfur burn. I've been dealing with PM again.

3Elders
DSCF2410_zpstgtsxbvl.jpg

This is my favorite cultivar. It's a nice sativa leaning lady of good quality.

3M
DSCF2412_zpslpc5wjex.jpg

This last lady has been dusted with pollen on May 5 and has some nice looking seeds.

Coots Grail
DSCF2413_zps07ufiugn.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've been making IWE hash for a couple of years now. Over time like everything else I have modified my technique. I made a batch of hash from my trimmings yesterday and thought I would break out my PC Microscope and check on the quality. My first attempt had a lot of foreign material like pieces of hair and some leaf bits.

This time it looks so much cleaner. I don't see any leaf material but some hair is still getting in there. The lighter color comes from the larger mesh screens (120, 73) while the darker stuff comes from the finer mesh screens (45, 25).

1606231548061809896766_zpssmf4isid.jpg

1606231546481809818297_zpsoofwfqes.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
These 2 ladies are my latest seed mothers. I pollinated them on June 2 and they have about 3 more weeks to go before harvest. I really like the looks of the Afgooey.

Afgooey
DSCF2419_zpsgacmcpiv.jpg

Jihad
DSCF2420_zpsy8wurevr.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
This is flower area 1. I've had minor issues with PM and mites but this run here so far is clean as can be. These are just 13 days since flipping them to 11 on and 13 off. I pollinated the UofDub and Ortega 2 days ago.

003_zpsiaz6n5ge.jpg

These other two ladies are just over 6 weeks since flipping to 11 on and 13 off. I've been using malted barley teas on them since they were teenagers. It looks like I'll be taking them down in about a week. That is Jihad on the left and Afgooey on the right. I really like the structure of the Afgooey. Looking forward to searching the seeds of this one.

005_zpszj8tsfyj.jpg

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya pak, did ok with my GS2 and GS3. Not what they can do since i had issues early on with them. 107g fron GS2 and about 160g of GS3. Got some more hazes to flower out after they've doubled in size to 25 0r 30". My temps have been bad since may and it hurt my current two in flower. Your looking good brother

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
sorry if you mentioned it already but is that jihad the same cut SG1 works with?

Yes it is. I hit it with my old pollen.

Heya pak, did ok with my GS2 and GS3. Not what they can do since i had issues early on with them. 107g fron GS2 and about 160g of GS3. Got some more hazes to flower out after they've doubled in size to 25 0r 30". My temps have been bad since may and it hurt my current two in flower. Your looking good brother

Over a half pound for 2 plants is better than I get. I'm limited on how tall I can grow them so that cuts down on the weight. The good news is that it's enough for me.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A good veg and plenty of growing media combined with height helps alot. I know the plant is capable of much more than that though. I made a lot of mistakes with them. I like the bud structure on them. Not able to really smoke them yet.3

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
A good veg and plenty of growing media combined with height helps alot. I know the plant is capable of much more than that though. I made a lot of mistakes with them. I like the bud structure on them. Not able to really smoke them yet.3

Some of my SoCal grow friends really liked the quality of GS. Hope yours turns out as well.

When I first switched to putting together my own soil I used to grow in 10 gallon pots. I found that I could veg them only to about 3' then I had to flip them because I have a 4 1/2' limit to how tall they can grow.

Because of that I switched to 5 gallon pots. When I recycled the soil out of my 10 gallon pots I noticed that the root system didn't fill in the 10 gallons. 10 gallon pots took up space so I experimented with 5 gallon pots. The root system filled in much better and the plants grow the same.

HatchBrew

Veteran
Hey Pak!! Hope summer is treating ya well.

Have one of your beauts rocking full season od. Gooey x MM!!! Fucking loving the sun!!

gSm4GDH.jpg

vT4UEt3.jpg

0Ub3U8f.jpg