What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My intro and bona fides...

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I had a bout with both spider mites and powdery mildew during my last run but now things are all cleaned up. This run for the ladies and teenagers they appear to be clean. My Goblin Queen is looking like the best I've grown for her. I think I need to let them veg a little longer in the future. I won't be harvesting these ladies until mid-April. So my teenagers will have veg'ged for almost 2 months.

Nocturnal
Nocturnal%20March%2018%202016_zpstnkchodj.jpg

Goblin Queen
Goblin%20Queen%20March%2018%202016_zpstorbrn2k.jpg

Teenagers
Teenagers%20March%2018%202016_zpspapkefmy.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Besides having Nocturnal and Goblin Queen in flower area 1 I've got 2 more ladies. These girls are at 44 days since I moved them into the flower area.

Blue Orca
Blue%20Orca%20March%2019%202016_zpsqdkfj5cz.jpg

3M
3M%20March%2019%202016_zpsqqdazl59.jpg

This lady is in flower area 2 and is 36 days since she was flipped.

The One
The%20One%20March%2019%202016_zps5lci4sbi.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've got some new mothers in my cellar. One is already been pollinated and is showing seed development.

Coots Grail
Coots%20Grail%20March%2022%202016_zpst9wh1hum.jpg

This girl is in the teenage area and I will pollinate her when I move her to the flower area mid-April.

Durbin Bubble
Durbin%20Bubble%20March%2022%202016_zpst4lxhn1e.jpg

VortexPower420

Veteran
You have the one... I'm jelious.

Your cootz grail is very different then my three phenos. Is that the f2 batch of seeds?

One I call the baseball pheno, little frosty rocks, one is the bat pheno, one long thick cola the size of my arm.

There is a smallish pheno I culled and all were tall tall tall.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I got the Coots Grail from a friend of a friend. It was labeled Coot's Grail #6 but beyond that I don't have any of the back story. CC told me that it is a Zazen breeding but I'm not sure of much else.

Lots of friends of friends here in the PNW and you can usually get some cuttings through those channels. It's been this way since the 80s.

Am I right to assume that you're on the Atlantic side of the USA? I know that The One is floating around the PNW and SoCal but I'm not sure if it is out on the east coast.

You have the one... I'm jelious.

Your cootz grail is very different then my three phenos. Is that the f2 batch of seeds?

One I call the baseball pheno, little frosty rocks, one is the bat pheno, one long thick cola the size of my arm.

There is a smallish pheno I culled and all were tall tall tall.

VortexPower420

Veteran
Word.

I was told the cootz grail f2 that I have was a the one x nl#5/H.

It was made a f2 to try and wrangle the growth. I am so have cootz grail f2 x romulan/trainwreak which is very interesting in it self. Tall as hell but strong.

Your right I am on the east coast but coming West to Oregon next year. I got a great job offer.

I wish I could find the back story's on the Zazen and the on I forget.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
The next time I talk to CC I'll ask him about Zazen. I don't talk to him often but we do cross paths occasionally.

Let me know when you hit Oregon. I'm up in Washington.

Word.

I was told the cootz grail f2 that I have was a the one x nl#5/H.

It was made a f2 to try and wrangle the growth. I am so have cootz grail f2 x romulan/trainwreak which is very interesting in it self. Tall as hell but strong.

Your right I am on the east coast but coming West to Oregon next year. I got a great job offer.

I wish I could find the back story's on the Zazen and the on I forget.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've got some ladies about due but I'm going to have to let them go another 2 weeks because I'll be out of town. They are looking nice and healthy but I do have some concern over possible PM problems while I'm gone. At this point and time they look okay so I'm going to throw the dice and hope to get 2 more weeks without problems.

Blue Orca
Blue%20Orca%20bud%20March%2027%202016_zpshwmvn8ky.jpg

Nocturnal bud
Nocturnal%20bud%20March%2027%202016_zpsarpoegsu.jpg

Goblin Queen bud
Goblin%20Queen%20bud%20March%2027%202016_zpspwtp87cz.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I don't post as much as I use to because I've been growing the same 8 cultivars for a few runs now. In the last few months I've gotten my hands on some new cultivars and it's time to show them to you. The first is Durbin Bubble. I have pollinated her and I will pollinate the others too.

Durbin Bubble
DSCF2384_zps4lklc37x.jpg

UofDub
DSCF2388_zpsswbehjkm.jpg

Ortega

DSCF2387_zps2azxmxg6.jpg

Jihad
DSCF2385_zpshilvbebf.jpg

Afgooey
DSCF2386_zpsnsf2ova2.jpg

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pretty sure zazen is TOxNLH bx1 ~kinda sounds like 'cootz grail' is a select cultivar from the initial cross. since gas did the X, maybe cootz swung by & picked out a gem in the batch?

VortexPower420

Veteran
From my understanding from the coot himself is the Zazen was the first round beans made then the cootz grail was the second cross with the same parents.

I had a zazen and I was unimpressed. Ithe f2s I have are killer. I need a better camera for pictures to do them justice.

One day.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
pretty sure zazen is TOxNLH bx1 ~kinda sounds like 'cootz grail' is a select cultivar from the initial cross. since gas did the X, maybe cootz swung by & picked out a gem in the batch?

What I was told is that another grower from down south had this particular cultivar and he kept it going. Somehow from there it hit my grow friend who passed it on to me.

From my understanding from the coot himself is the Zazen was the first round beans made then the cootz grail was the second cross with the same parents.

I had a zazen and I was unimpressed. Ithe f2s I have are killer. I need a better camera for pictures to do them justice.

One day.

That is basically the same back story I have on Coot's Grail. That it was a cross into Zazen. I'm looking forward to sampling it. It's curing right now.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Time for an update on the flowering girls. These 4 ladies were flipped to 11 on and 13 off on March 29, 2016. They are 31 days since the flip. I've also pollinated Durbin Bubble and Nocturnal. This will be my last run with Nocturnal but I do have seeds if I want to bring her back.

Nocturnal
DSCF2390_zps4xkpfgyi.jpg

Goblin Girl
DSCF2389_zps6dfrmvgr.jpg

Durbin Bubble
DSCF2392_zpsnonkiltl.jpg

Goblin Queen
DSCF2391_zpsy1sjul94.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Here is what is going on in the other flower area. They got flipped on April 19 so they aren't showing much bud yet.

Flower area 1
DSCF2393_zpsidgl0i5f.jpg

Teenagers
DSCF2394_zpslc48exey.jpg

Tweeners
DSCF2395_zpsx6lnehnk.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I think the malted barley teas or enzyme teas is working to reduce the maturity time for my ladies. I had these two ladies ready for harvest at 47 days after flipping to 11 on and 13 off.

Durbin Bubble
DSCF2398_zps5nksojtk.jpg

Goblin Girl
DSCF2397_zpsoogrmawa.jpg

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i been wanting to try the MBTs &^ probably should even though i sprout barley & DIY. MBT seems easier & is supposed to give similar results. ~always said that SST was one of the most obviously beneficial things you can apply

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
i been wanting to try the MBTs &^ probably should even though i sprout barley & DIY. MBT seems easier & is supposed to give similar results. ~always said that SST was one of the most obviously beneficial things you can apply

The thing about MBT is that the brewing industry has been perfecting their malting process for decades with the goal of the best enzyme profile possible. Row 6 malted barley has the most diverse enzyme profile but Row 6 may be hard to find because most American brewers prefer to use Row 2 malted barley instead. Now Row 2 malted barley has about 98% of the same enzymes as Row 6 so you can get by with Row 2.

By using malted barley you are taking advantage of decades of scientific research into producing the best enzyme profile. I only buy a pound at a time because malted barley does have a shelf life.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
are you using the enzyme teas all the way through flower? beautiful plants above, as usual pak!

Once I move them into the teenage area (they'll be in 2 gallon pots by then) I start using the enzyme teas. I only use malted barley that I buy from the beer brewer stores.

I don't give enzyme teas to tweeners or babies. My way of thinking is at this stage the plant is more into producing the root system to support the future growth. So adding enzymes to break down the larger molecules seems unnecessary. I don't have any science behind this just my own personal opinion and you're welcome to ignore this.

Latest posts

Latest posts