What's new

Mullumbimby Madness from OZ

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
...... @hempy left out the good part, as I recall, Ehrliquine(?) and crew vanished immediately after breeder vic high published a Private Message from Ehrl bragging, breeder to breeder, about how easy it was to BS the public into buying your seeds by posting BS stories! ;)

Sorry to be a buzzkill, doesn't mean it's not a great strain. :good:

Hiya Cosmic i dont remember that story but it would not supersize me one bit to be honest .

The real MM should smoke like the very best Nevil's Haze and if it was not for my school friends moving to mullum and moving in with the hippies in 1978 and growing the MM odds are i would never of seen or smoked it my self.

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
Maha let me fill you in on some real info regarding the real MM a joint off MM and a joint of good Nevil's Haze you would not know the difference when smoked.

this thread is about line RC Colas have.. not about your MM, I am not interested in your MM or your thai. I found it very uninteresting... on the other hand what RC Colas has, I find interesting, according to his description.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
this thread is about line RC Colas have.. not about your MM, I am not interested in your MM or your thai. I found it very uninteresting... on the other hand what RC Colas has, I find interesting, according to his description.

There is only one real Mullum madness Maha so let that sink in.

TheDarkStorm

Itl be intresting to see this finished...does look different to any mm ive seen before tho....will be interesting to know how she smokes

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Here is an old photo of a hippie from Nimbin in the 70s odds are they are MM Nimbin use to be a country town that was full of dairy farms and then the Nimbin Aquerece festival happened and the hippies moved in.

Around 84/85 the police cracked down on the hippies left and some ended up just south of Byron Bay rest scattered far n wide.

picture.php

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Here is an old photo of a hippie from Nimbin in the 70s odds are they are MM Nimbin use to be a country town that was full of dairy farms and then the Nimbin Aquerece festival happened and the hippies moved in.

Around 84/85 the police cracked down on the hippies left and some ended up just south of Byron Bay rest scattered far n wide.

View Image
Partly right. Nimbin is very much still a hippy town. One of the most policed towns in Australia. Mullumbimby is still quite hippyish too, although closer to the coast and hence more expensive and more yuppies.

Lots of different pot around that area used to be called MM.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Partly right. Nimbin is very much still a hippy town. One of the most policed towns in Australia. Mullumbimby is still quite hippyish too, although closer to the coast and hence more expensive and more yuppies.

Lots of different pot around that area used to be called MM.

My mates from school moved there in 1978 and moved in with the hippies that were growing MM all my mates did was grow MM and surf.

Then in 84/85 the cops came down hard on hippies and most moved away a lot went south of Byron rest moved well away from the area completely.

My friends moved back home and they are why i got to smoke real MM i also know were the real MM was being grown.

Most that are there now are not the original hippies or do they have the real MM.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
My mates from school moved there in 1978 and moved in with the hippies that were growing MM all my mates did was grow MM and surf.

Then in 84/85 the cops came down hard on hippies and most moved away a lot went south of Byron rest moved well away from the area completely.

My friends moved back home and they are why i got to smoke real MM i also know were the real MM was being grown.

Most that are there now are not the original hippies or do they have the real MM.
I go there quite a bit and know for a fact there are lots of original hippies left, plus newcomers. Have you been there lately? Cops have come down hard over many years, yet a lot of the hard core hippies still remain, or their children.

I have been travelling to that area also since the late 70s and now live within convenient driving distance. I've had about 4 different varieties claiming MM status over the years. A lot of very good pot was and still is, grown there.

Here you go, I even found a youtube of original Mullum hippies. They were still there a few years ago. 2015. Count how many are still living there?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsLHRbVm5yE

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I go there quite a bit and know for a fact there are lots of original hippies left, plus newcomers. Have you been there lately? Cops have come down hard over many years, yet a lot of the hard core hippies still remain, or their children.

I have been travelling to that area also since the late 70s and now live within convenient driving distance. I've had about 4 different varieties claiming MM status over the years. A lot of very good pot was and still is, grown there.

No id go right to Byron bay not interest in going to Nimbin mate and Every one i talk to that scored from Nimbin in the last x years said it was very disappointing.

My mates that lived there Grew the MM with the hippies in a set camp told me in the 80s when they came back most moved away then.

Real MM smokes like the very best haze and i have not seen it since the mid 80s my mates may still have it not had a chance to ask them the few times i have seen them we spoke about other things not the time or place to go into that.

MM was not grown in Nimbin.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Main Arm settlers yes but you will find many moved away.

The only other line to come from there i would say was special was the Mango Heads not as strong as the MM but not far off think i would love ether.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
No id go right to Byron bay not interest in going to Nimbin mate and Every one i talk to that scored from Nimbin in the last x years said it was very disappointing.

My mates that lived there Grew the MM with the hippies in a set camp told me in the 80s when they came back most moved away then.

Real MM smokes like the very best haze and i have not seen it since the mid 80s my mates may still have it not had a chance to ask them the few times i have seen them we spoke about other things not the time or place to go into that.

MM was not grown in Nimbin.
Maybe read my posts again. I have not said that Mullum was grown in Nimbin.

Clearly original hippies are still in the area. If you don't go there how would you know? Check the video, I edited my last post. FFS they are actual Main Arm original residents, some been there since 71.

The whole area grew loads of pot, and people were in touch between towns. It is a smallish area, Mullumbimby not that far from Nimbin.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I read your post clearly maybe you should read my posts clearly ?.

A friend that past away last year was living there for a decade got to know the old locals even some that claimed to had grown the real MM.

No one had it he was told it started to hermie to it was lost in raids and what they were all growing was just ok bush weed at best he past on genetics to them.

Lots of areas grew as much or more than Northern NSW Nimbin is far from the canna capital.

Like i said MM smokes like the best haze i will find out what MM was genetics wise and i would not be surprised if it was a hybrid of what was called tripping weed or tripping weed re named to MM.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Despite what you say a lot of great pot was grown in that area in an era when sativa's ruled. It was the largest hippie area in Australia. Many hippies traveled to cheap places like Indonesia, Thailand and India and brought seeds back. You could buy any number of different tripping varieties back then. No, it wasnt all good but a lot was.

You seem to think you are the only one who knows a good sativa, and knows what Mullum was, despite your info being second hand from a mate. Not saying you are wrong, just that there were a lot claiming to be legit, and MM was a know marketing brand quite early on. I heard of Mullumbimby Madnes in Sydney in around 77, in days when not much pot had a name. Seeds were exchanged freely back then so it is also quite possible that someone else had it, or it was crossed at some point. Who knows?

You claim to know an area, with information you have from a mate that left there in the 80s. You admit you drive past, yet you claim most of the hippies left? The whole area still has an extensive hippie feel to it, even the odd communes remain, and the Krishna farm. Sure it's changing too. But many old hippies are still there and it is quite obvious if you visit towns around there or go for a drive in the hills. Walk in the rainforest. Go to the Channon market, a proper hippie market.
It is a stunning area.

Last edited:

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Despite what you say a lot of great pot was grown in that area in an era when sativa's ruled. It was the largest hippie area in Australia. Many hippies traveled to cheap places like Indonesia, Thailand and India and brought seeds back. You could buy any number of different tripping varieties back then. No, it wasnt all good but a lot was.

You seem to think you are the only one who knows a good sativa, and knows what Mullum was, despite your info being second hand from a mate.
Not saying you are wrong, just that there were a lot claiming to be legit, and MM was a know marketing brand quite early on. I heard of Mullumbimby Madnes in Sydney in around 77, in days when not much pot had a name. Seeds were exchanged freely back then so it is also quite possible that someone else had it, or it was crossed at some point. Who knows?

You claim to know an area, with information you have from a mate that left there in the 80s. You admit you drive past, yet you claim most of the hippies left? The whole area still has an extensive hippie feel to it, even the odd communes remain, and the Krishna farm. Sure it's changing too. But many old hippies are still there and it is quite obvious if you visit towns around there or go for a drive in the hills. Walk in the rainforest. Go to the Channon market, a proper hippie market.
It is a stunning area.

Northern nsw did have great herb but so did other places and and they also had huge grows i would say bigger than far north nsw.

There was only one line called tripping weed.

My info on MM came from friends from school that were growing MM in Main Arm from 1978 were dose your info come from Chi13 ?.

It also came from a different friend that lived a decade in the area and spoke to many of the old growers now that were there since the 70s.

I first smoked MM in 1979 for the first time it was from MM grown in 78 it was seedless and to be honest few things had names apart from Thai and a few others.

I dont claim to know the area at all even tho i have been up in the Byron shire but people i was close to did as they lived there for years.

I met kanga and told him were the MM was grown.

I love the area i just don't like what Nimbin stands for these days.

This is an old pic from Kanga think it was take late 80s early 90s this is what MM should look like out doors.
picture.php

I have not smoked kangas MM yet but will be trying it in time i know kangas MM is a very good line but i dont know if its like the MM i smoked grown by friends n hippies id be a lier to say other wise.

I am assuming your MM x is Kangas MM cross looks nice.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hehehe,
you always seem to get this tunnel vision perspective hempy ,
many people were doing many things all over the place ,
and you dont know what they were doing just by having a few mates in spots ...

always gives me a bit of a giggle the way you perceive things to have happened ,

btw tripping weed was a pretty common saying ,
we had some colombian gold for a while that a mate called colombian tripping weed ,
im sure he wasnt the original one to coin the phrase ..

as far as mullum goes , i always thought it was colombian x thai , or a combo like that anyhow ,
i wonder how many seeds were first made , if they were spread wide , or were f2s made and it become an inbred line , or was it outcrossed to other varieties but still kept the name ,

then there was all the fakes too , how would anyone know for sure what they had given the mystery that surrounded the name etc ...

anyhow sorry for interrupting , carry on as though i wasnt even here ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I can only go my own experiences Donald and keeping it honest and factual is what its all about.

Tripping weed was a line i have traced it back to as far back as 76 and i wouldn't be surprised if it was not haze.

As for the MM if it was not for the guys i had know from as far back as 9 starting from primary school then threw high school that moved and started growing MM in 78 odds are i would of never got to smoke or know the things i do about the real MM.

MM was not a commercial line the Mango heads that came after MM was still limited but more accessible if you knew the right people.

There was also a special line that came out of WA i remember reading about it in the early 80s called Koondoola Blue i asked people from WA no one had ever heard of it so its not like a lot of these lines were seen by many.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
i think a lot of those earlier things were a one off ,, not too many seeds made and later attempts to recreate them not so successful as clones were not kept of the original parents,
when we stopped getting imports , these amazing varieties and one off crosses tended to diminish ,
with no fresh material to add or use , the gene pool stagnated ...

there was no way to know what anyone was growing , where it came from , what generation it was etc ,
unless it was a fresh import and presented in a specific way from its origin, or made by the individual growing it who was aware of the stock they held ...

its quite likely we grew mullum up where i am also , since the local hippies were interchangeable with the nimbin/byron hippies ,
we had mango heads also , but i only know of the odd variety left from those days , which now are a bit run down and need some fresh blood ...haze is not the only variety left from those days that does better when its outcrossed ...

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
I have caught up with some of the guys that were growing the MM but in all honesty i have not asked them if they are still growing it or gone into more specific detail of what it was.

When you catch up with old friends years later or you bump into them things like growing are not priority events you discuss or the first thing you think to ask about.

I think one is still possibly growing the MM sure i would love to get hold of it but its not on my must do lists in all honesty i just want to find out what the real MM was and how long before 1978 was it being grown for.

Some claim it was related to the wild population out side of Newcastle others claim it was a Colombian / Thai and the mother sativa being one of the parents.

Again if you grow a good Nevil's haze your growing prity much a line like MM.

Burt

Veteran
Weren’t some of you Aussie hippies working on the holy grail project with Neville before he passed?
I could have sworn Neville chose the mullum as the one to breed with.
Whatever became of that project? Long thread back in the day on the MNS forums

Latest posts

Latest posts