What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mullumbimby Madness from OZ

PicosPoisonftw!

Wow, can't think of a better gift than that. Congrats!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

how are you selecting the males ? going on structure, how fast they flowered or or size of male crown? or something else .

just curious , be natural to want to try bring flower time down and bring flower density . but by doing the could also counteract what people love the strain for and breed some of the long run sativa out of them .

or is there a plan to use all males or individual males on individual girls .

all looking sweet RC

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola BAKED_BEANZ,

All good questions and in summary this is a preservation run with the intent of maintaining a strong and diverse gene pool. To that end only the strongest and healthiest plants will be used from both sexes and the three male were selected from a total of seven based on branching structure, stem scent (sweet, citrus, fruit), coloration, and leaf structure (7 and 9 blades, width).

Flowering time is not a criteria but again I have male and female individuals in the population that vary...so all good for my stated goal:)

Thanks for the comments and watching the action.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

how are you selecting the males ? going on structure, how fast they flowered or or size of male crown? or something else .

just curious , be natural to want to try bring flower time down and bring flower density . but by doing the could also counteract what people love the strain for and breed some of the long run sativa out of them .

or is there a plan to use all males or individual males on individual girls .

all looking sweet RC

Kozmo

Veteran
Smoked a 1/2 a J last night of this strain and got all twisted. I had to sit down and get ahold of myself for a minute before I got on the road to drive. Then I lost some cash in my center council. I was ripped. Buz came on super slick, and lasted a while. Healthy clean buz. I had to look it up here on IC. I wonder if it is the same Madness. They are some straight up old school gorilla growers. What other strains out there carry the madness name? Also said they were giant plants. Grown in 36 gal pots and two plants per 1000 watt light. Gotta say I was ripped!

Much respect

Kozmo

Last edited:

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm, don't look anything like the Mullumbimby Madness I was gifted with...these one's you're growing have narrower leaves, scrawnier stalks and stretchier framework to what I have...lived in Mullumbimby for a long, long time and never seen anything quite like that going under the Mullumbimby Madness banner, seen a number of renditions, all completely different... neither Kog's nor Kangativa's nor Joe's look quite like these...guess you've got the newest version :)

I wonder if Bushy could chime in on this?

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Hmm, don't look anything like the Mullumbimby Madness I was gifted with...these one's you're growing have narrower leaves, scrawnier stalks and stretchier framework to what I have...lived in Mullumbimby for a long, long time and never seen anything quite like that going under the Mullumbimby Madness banner, seen a number of renditions, all completely different... neither Kog's nor Kangativa's nor Joe's look quite like these...guess you've got the newest version :)

you got any pics , have we even nailed down what MM really is other than a locally grown strain (from mullumbimby ) ? is it likely, its several strains mixed over few years ? whats its actual genetics , does anyone know ?

RC_Colas

Veteran
Hola billyblog,

The Mullumbimby Madness shown here that I a running is not a new version but rather a very old and original version of the legendary strain. This is one of the reasons this is a preservation run and I can say that it is very similar in structure to the Madman's version I ran some 15 years ago...but without the hermie issues to date:) These will infact be monster plants but I have them restricted in 5 gal pots to keep them manageable. They were started indoor under 1000wt MH and then moved outdoors to start flowering, at which point they started to beef up from mother sun:woohoo: That is the main reason for the stretch and lack of girth in the stems at the moment.

Stay tuned and watch them transform to the monsters they are.

Saludos

RC_Colas
:tiphat:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Flowering Update - 3 Weeks

Flowering Update - 3 Weeks

Hola Sativa Community,

Here is a small update for the Mullumbimby Madness at 3 weeks of flower, 6 females have been pollinated with 3 select males to preserve this very special strain. Did anyone say Monsters....thank goodness they are only in 5 gal pots!

Thank You again to the KIND soul who gifted these genetics to me...something special indeed.

Saludos

RC_Colas

RC_Colas

Veteran
Flowering Update - 9 Weeks

Flowering Update - 9 Weeks

Here is an update a little further along in flowering, now past 9 weeks and the girls are really starting to put it on. The bouquet is a sweet, citrusy bread...with a bit of woodiness:

Please stay tuned as there is more too come.

Saludos

RC_Colas

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Looks lovely as well, a bit leafy but I'm sure the buds will look great as she ripes!

Vibes.

BluesHarp

Oh yea RC.....great job. Looks good from where I sit. Preservation is whats needed on varieties such as these. Keep up the good work...

BluesHarp

JACKBAYBEH

Thanks for putting in the work on these RC! Old gems such as this need to be preserved and spread, no doubt. Most of the young heads out there need to have a chance at experiencing these old NLDs. I think a lot of them would change their minds about a lot of today's "elites". :tiphat:

RC_Colas

Veteran
Muchas Gracias Coughie...that girl pictured is 7.5'x3.5'...one of the most graceful plants I have ever grown! The photos do not do her justice and she is loosing her leafiness now:woohoo:

Saludos

RC_Colas
:huggg:

Beautiful structure!

Thanks for sharing RC,
It's nice to see these kinds of gems still around

B

BAKED_BEANZ

the mullembimby love gets spread far and wide , good people behind this strain . :) .

Latest posts

Latest posts