What's new

Movies - How Did I Miss That?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
C'mon, stop talking shit about Christians. I'm a Christian, and you know as well as me that not all Christians are like that. If you was talking shit about Muslims, this thread would blow up!
Some of the nicest, most sincere people I have met have been Christian.

And some of the most vile and disgusting people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting have carried the same moniker.

Humans can be both awesome and awful. And usually within seconds of each other.

F

Frylock

That is possibly the worst movie I have ever seen! Hahahahaha! I always tell ppl to watch it and tell them it is so awesome they’re missing out! Lmao

I actually enjoyed the first few minutes, hilarious.... i will watch the rest later :biggrin:

shithawk420

Veteran
Troll 2 is notorious for being the worst movie ever made.its got a cult following.it must be seen to believe how bad it is.

F

Frylock

If any of you guys really want to see a comically cheap ninja film watch the first 10-15 minutes of Sakura Killers.... you won't be disappointed :biggrin:

Green Squall

Troll 2 is notorious for being the worst movie ever made.its got a cult following.it must be seen to believe how bad it is.

Troll 2 has a 2.8/10 on IMDB...lol

Another horribly bad movie is Battlefield Earth, which earns itself a solid 2.5/10
The story was created by L. Ron Hubbard, the creator of Scientology.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Jesus Christ Superstar

I don't think anyone from this generation has seen it, or would even understand it. Had a big impact on my life and helped my mother understand our generation.

From lyricist Tim Rice and composer Andrew Lloyd Webber (just starting out a about 20 years old). The pair envisioned a daring new rock musical that would retell—from Judas’s perspective—the story of Christ’s betrayal and execution. But Lloyd Webber and Rice couldn’t find anyone who was willing to produce the project as a stage show—Lloyd Webber recalled that they were told it was "the worst idea in history." So they transformed it into an 87-minute, two-disc concept album instead; it was released in 1970.

The apparent setback may have been a blessing in disguise. Both men have argued that, by writing Superstar as an album at the onset, they were able to streamline the score more effectively than they otherwise could have. “Doing it on record,” Rice said, “made it shorter, cut out the book, made it more contemporary, made it more rock, gave it more energy, and identified it more with a younger audience. All those things the record gave us. We didn’t really appreciate that at the time because, largely thanks to Andrew, we were trying to write for the theatre, not for records. But doing it that way around worked so well, because in addition to making the work itself better, it promoted the work so well, so when it finally hit the stage, everybody knew the entire score.” The show made its Broadway debut in 1971.

White Beard

I remember sitting, spellbound, as our local radio station (KRNW in Boulder) played the entire thing without interruption. I’d been a serious Christian for more than a decade at that point.

After a life time of hearing about the Son of God, I was thrilled by anyone looking at the *human* life of Jesus (“fully God and fully man”, as they used to say) - a side of the gospel completely ignored by pastors and Sunday school teachers across the south.

White Beard

Another horribly bad movie is Battlefield Earth, which earns itself a solid 2.5/10
The story was created by L. Ron Hubbard, the creator of Scientology.
Exquisitely, painfully awful. Hubbard was a cynical guy, and a rotten writer. Too bad: if he’d been a better writer, he’d have written better books, and never fallen for the temptation of a con, the manufacture of his own imaginary (and badly-scripted) religion

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Battlefield Earth is soooooooo bad! If you like to goof on John Travolta, check out Moment By Moment, with Barbarino and Lily Tomlin. Lily's 'partner' wrote the screenplay. Also sooooooooo bad it's almost (almost) good!

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
This is slightly off-topic, but I have tried three times to watch Brazil, but I fall asleep after the first half hour every fucking time. Why do people think this movie is so awesome?

Brother Nature

I only recently saw the Godfather in it's entirety. Have always heard about it and seen snippets, but never sat down and took the whole thing in. I've gotta say I was expecting better. Not saying it was a bad movie, I thought it was brilliant, but I think all the talk around it put it on a pedestal for me and I was slightly let down.

shithawk420

Veteran
Dreamscape.with Dennis Qaid.its a fact the government experimented with phsychic assassins called the Stargate Program.look it up if you don't believe me.it was disbanded and declassified in 95.waste of money.the Nazis were doing this in WW2

PDX Dopesmoker

I saw a movie called Los Reyes about stray dogs who hang out at a skate park in Chile. All through the movie the kids at the park are talking about wanting to grow weed and about how they're gonna get started real soon, but it never happens. What a tease, movie is a documentary too, kinda makes me want to got to the skate park in Chile and hand those retards a wet paper towel full of sprouts and then verbally berate them until they find a spot to plant, but I don't speak Spanish.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
This is slightly off-topic, but I have tried three times to watch Brazil, but I fall asleep after the first half hour every fucking time. Why do people think this movie is so awesome?
I found it rather uniquely bizarro is all. Personally, I wouldn't put it down as a 'good' movie. I recommend it for the contrast factor. lol