What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Movies - How Did I Miss That?

prune

Veteran
Sometimes you turn on the tv and the channel is playing something you can't grok, so you linger. The other day it was something animated, I could see the quality but the characters seemed ridiculous and not at all compelling, even for children's fare. I stayed longer trying to understand why someone would waste so much money producing such a bad movie, and it... built.
I wasn't planning on it, but I watched the rest of the movie and it was funny, hilarious and beat the shit out of superheroes.

UP (2009)

Last edited:

White Beard

This is slightly off-topic, but I have tried three times to watch Brazil, but I fall asleep after the first half hour every fucking time. Why do people think this movie is so awesome?
I’ll add my own confession...I’ve never been able to keep up with it, and by the time De Niro shows up, I’m ready to bail...have to make my job for the day, one of these days....

madson

Boondock Saints, Trainspotting, Intouchables and of course The Shawshank Redemption (still one of my favorites all time)

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Boondock Saints knocked my socks off. That was definitely a sleeper for me. Willem Dafoe never disappoints.

We Still Kill The Old Way
220px-We_Still_Kill_the_Old_Way_%282014_film%29_Poster.jpg

Worth your time. I haven't seen We Still STEAL the Old Way though.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Seriously doubt any but a few of you will have seen this one. Definitely one to watch for the sight gags, lol. :) I don't remember if I've seen it with subtitles, it's in French and so well done you don't care. lol :)

Mon Oncle, 1958

kaochiu

Veteran
Tati's Mon Oncle is a true classic, but like a famous painting, from which other film makers pick their ideas. Just seen it three days ago, but also 30 years ago, and bits in between. Great cinema. Then again, proper movies were filmed with the idea of being projected in a 100sqm screen, imagine a millenial watching that on a smartphone, wondering when the explosions begin.

shithawk420

Veteran
Kid Cannabis is another one I thought was good.

Kid cannibis was absolutely terrible.jesus Christ it sucked.and what's worse it's actually based on a true story.that little punk would never be shit in the real world.fucker just got lucky.little bitch is what he is.i looked him up.

When my memory finds itself I'll tell you guys of a great weed growing movie.i think it's called Humboldt? That's a good movie

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Are you thinking about Murder Mountain on netflix. I was told by someone connected to the first growers that a lot of it is bullshit. Still a good story.

Latest posts

Latest posts