What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Harvest Moon today...

The garden is finishing up nicely, still some mite damage being discovered though. Probably too late to spray anything at this point although some of the girls will probably be in the ground for at least 2-3 more weeks so who knows... The essential oil & Dr Bronners seems to be working nicely but it's expensive to spray the whole garden. Anyone using Venerate or Grandevo, how close to harvest would you stop spraying?

tonight will be fun. eat acid and chop plants? ...sounds like a plan.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I don't understand how you could spray anything on flowers this close to harvest, who wants oily soapy buds, do you tell the consumers you have sprayed the flowers?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I don't understand how you could spray anything on flowers this close to harvest, who wants oily soapy buds, do you tell the consumers you have sprayed the flowers?
Just because you dont understand something does not mean it doesnt make sense. I have no problem telling people we sprayed the plants with organic essential oils during flower. We also just recently ended our foliar feeding regimen. Spraying plants with certain things in flower is not a big deal IMO. I expect it to rain fairly soon and that should leave everything nice and clean. However we have already started chopping and the ganja smells and looks tremendous, likely much better than if we had not given them foliar sprays. If you are at emerald cup this year i would love to give you a sample to inspect...

W

wildkender

buds are expensive but the headache are free bro

experienced smokers will notice the insect killer spray on the high.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
buds are expensive but the headache are free bro

experienced smokers will notice the insect killer spray on the high.
what is the name of this insect killer spray that you are referring to bro?

a8aa082c83f2bf2bba41647c872f6f86.jpg

EsterEssence

Veteran
Just because you dont understand something does not mean it doesnt make sense. I have no problem telling people we sprayed the plants with organic essential oils during flower. We also just recently ended our foliar feeding regimen. Spraying plants with certain things in flower is not a big deal IMO. I expect it to rain fairly soon and that should leave everything nice and clean. However we have already started chopping and the ganja smells and looks tremendous, likely much better than if we had not given them foliar sprays. If you are at emerald cup this year i would love to give you a sample to inspect...

I understand spraying things on flowering cannabis and it is not for me. Sorry I live in so cal so i won't be up there, I am interested in what testing will show. I am familiar with essential oils and Dr Bronner, patchouli, and peppermint soap was popular in the 70's...

jidoka

Just to get this straight in me own mind. Would you take a 100k loss b4 spraying anything? Would you sell mite infested bud?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I understand spraying things on flowering cannabis and it is not for me.
no foliar feeding then?

Just to get this straight in me own mind. Would you take a 100k loss b4 spraying anything? Would you sell mite infested bud?

what product are you talking about exactly? there are some things i would not put on my plants no matter what. Avid, Floramite, Eagle20 to name a few... However I have already stated that we sprayed the plants with sulfur in veg and essential oils during flower, which is an accepted form of organic IPM, and I have heard many organic farms are spraying venerate/grandevo/pfr97 well into flowering with no adverse effects, so please be specific..

to answer your second question, I couldn't sell "mite-infested" weed if i tried... maybe blast it instead.... But from what i gather almost every outdoor farm in california has dealt with russet/broad mites this year, so finding completely mite-free weed may be difficult, and since they are microscopic i dont know how you could confirm that anyway.

question for you: are you absolutely sure there is not a single mite present in your garden? if so then how?

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
I noticed when bucking plants down to hang to dry. I always leave a few extra inches of branch/stick.
The mites all work their way up to the very top and web out up there. Instead of staying on your flowers.
I thought the full moon was tomorrow night?

'Boogieman'

Honestly it's just crazy to me people are so up tight over mites, mold, and pesticides. I would rather smoke something potent even if it's full of whatever. Even when the "dank" comes out here in Indiana it barely smokes better than the regs and some times it doesn't smoke good at all because people in Michigan pick their outdoor early I'm assuming out of fear of mold. I would be happy to pay $3000 a pop for sprayed the hell up fire weed here in Indiana.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I noticed when bucking plants down to hang to dry. I always leave a few extra inches of branch/stick.
The mites all work their way up to the very top and web out up there. Instead of staying on your flowers.
I thought the full moon was tomorrow night?
you're talking spider mites right? russet mites are so small i dont think they make webs

Sorry. I was talking to ester.. I do not question your integrity at all. Would love to smoke some of yours
you're in CO right, i'll bring ya a jar next time i visit

EsterEssence

Veteran

If you think spraying the plants kills the mites, your wrong, now you have sprayed mite cannabis...I have lost more than you can imagine..

Latest posts

Latest posts