What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2017

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Freaking HUGE... what do you think was your biggest improvement this year for plant health? Amino/micro foliars? Soil balancing?

I don't know if it's just me but your plants look wayyy bigger then last year, killing it!
Things look ok but actually plant health was better last year. mites really did a number on us this year, although i think that may be a result moreso than a cause. This year we did no feeding except weekly foliar, last year we also did weekly root drenches. I also think the living mulch we used last year was beneficial to the plants health, but have no proof besides comparing to this year when we used straw instead.

2 main reasons reason our plants are so much bigger this year than in 2016:

1. they were sprouted 2 weeks earlier and planted in the ground 2 weeks earlier. This made a huge difference in their ability to build a big frame before flowering set in.

2. genetics this year are monsters. mostly growing my own Ancient OG f2's and AOG crosses which I bred for size and yeild, plus a few other strains from different breeders which are known to get big, like the Kaya's Dream from south fork.

Next year I plan to smash all my previous seasons by combining all the things i have learned... early start, monster genetics, big soil, proper feeding, good support...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Looking good like always dude, coming down to crunch time. Did you ever get a picture of the flower/plant/weed you said that had mites all over, i think you said you were gonna post a pic of it. And a upskirt shot at one of those monsters
i took the pictures just havent uploaded them yet. it's really a horrorshow seeing how bad the mite infestation is on the native plants

Picture of the month right there! Every year just gets better and better. Inspirational. :tiphat:
thanks man ! hope your season goes well. peace

B

beanz

looks like biggest yet shrews , bravo ....... the width is insane .....lots nice AOG flowers pics this year please ......i,d love to compare pheno,s in yours to mine . also since your savvy on what pheno,s are the nicer , if you could mention also .

will be starting my AOG in roughly 4 weeks , my plan is to make s1 now which i rekon be good thing for you to do also of couple your favourites ;)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
you never treated mites before?
we have never confirmed russet mites at this property before this season. I have plenty of experience with spider mites from growing indoors for years. I am well aware of what improvements should be made in our IPM program next year. is that why you are asking?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
looks like biggest yet shrews , bravo ....... the width is insane .....lots nice AOG flowers pics this year please ......i,d love to compare pheno,s in yours to mine . also since your savvy on what pheno,s are the nicer , if you could mention also .

will be starting my AOG in roughly 4 weeks , my plan is to make s1 now which i rekon be good thing for you to do also of couple your favourites ;)
thanks! yah i'm really happy with some of our plants this year, definitely some of the biggest plants i have ever seen. Some of the AOG's are over 15 feet wide. I will be sure take plenty of macros! My favorite AOG f2 phenos are all purple-stemmed stretchy ones... they are huge and perky and smell/look tremendous.

I'm not planning to make any s1's but will definitely do some f3's and backcrosses with the best females

that Sprite looks awesome! those hair colors are unique, great job dude. I'm not a big fan of seeds due to never getting consistent quality through the phenos, but I'm defiantly gonna try out some bodhi seeds this coming year, those Ancients are bigger than my Dreams! Im sure will hit the market better too. How do you feel about the south fork seeds you tried out? and whats your flower feed regimen? If you feel like sharing. Consistency is key and it shows;
nice work
some of the Sprites do have yellow hairs, that cross is something i am very proud of, it came out very consistent and quality is AAA

If you want consistent seeds then bodhi is probably not for you.... every seedpack can contain several different phenos. I recommend South Fork Seeds for consistency, the chem male they use seems to produce very uniform offspring, with only slight variation from plant to plant.

our feed regimen this year was nothing... water only, except weekly foliar with AEA holomac/mic and Albion calcium.. We're going to step up our nutrition game next year though.

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
i took the pictures just havent uploaded them yet. it's really a horrorshow seeing how bad the mite infestation is on the native plants

thanks man ! hope your season goes well. peace

As long as those little fuckers stay on the native plants. Keep up the great work master

EasyGoing

I wish you could smell some of these sprites, would melt your nose hairs off.

My wife would appreciate that. Sometimes I look like a party favor when I sneeze. :tiphat: That Sprite sounds amazing.

The AOG f2's I got from you are at a spot I don't picture, but they are HUGE! Not as big as yours, but some are topping 15ft tall. Those genetics are no joke.

JOJO420

Veteran
Hi Shcrews, how is the Dank Commander coming along?
I am interested in running that one next year and am wondering if it passed the test?
Cheers

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
My wife would appreciate that. Sometimes I look like a party favor when I sneeze. :tiphat: That Sprite sounds amazing.

The AOG f2's I got from you are at a spot I don't picture, but they are HUGE! Not as big as yours, but some are topping 15ft tall. Those genetics are no joke.
yepp, our AOG f2's are the biggest plant this year. glad you're running them! let me know if you want a few more

Hi Shcrews, how is the Dank Commander coming along?
I am interested in running that one next year and am wondering if it passed the test?
Cheers
the Dank Commander is incredible... biggest plants in the garden besides the AOG's and AOG crosses. giant spear colas with lots of trichomes and a great fruity/candy chem smell. highly recommend it, just be ready for some serious stretch.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ancient OG F2, purple-stem pheno:

17kgwd3.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Nice looking color. How many days out would you say that has before chopping her down?
Its kinda hard to tell on mine, i have more pink pistils showing then white. It is weird, guess ill just have to cut a piece and scope it out
probably 2 weeks at least. most things finish around mid-october here for us. there's no rush, we're not worried about fungus.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I hear you named an SFV x Dank Zappa hybrid , Stank Zappa, You have any shot's of those? I just popped a couple seeds. That Ancient OG is huge man ! Looks like one of the widest plants I have ever seen that you've grown.

Latest posts

Latest posts