What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

MostWantedGens

with some strains its totally possible that all plants are winner... but you can select in early veg, sativa or indica dominant phenos what you prefer to grow in big pots.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
you can select in early veg, sativa or indica dominant phenos what you prefer to grow in big pots.
i don't like to try to guess or predict how something will grow, i would feel stupid if im wrong. Each cross has its own characterristics which gives me a general idea of what to expect.

I will be happy just as long as no males make it into the big pots :laughing: Whether we get 6lb plants or 12lb plants makes no difference to me, otherwise i would run all Ancient OG which is proven IMO

Trust me , I love seeds, just not for my full term outdoor...and if I did use seeds I would need a very homogenous line with correct traits fixed in the female phenotypes and I would probably use all one line and select early on for the same overall physical traits..
Bodhi's breeding seems to favor variety over homogeniety

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'll watch this one, too! :lurk:

How do you plan on keeping the males out of the big pots? Are you sexing them before? Sorry if you said it already and I missed it.

Good luck with the grow! :wave:

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
when will you start soaking your beans Shrews, im guessing thats how you do it just drop them in a cup of water? last season i fucked up and didn't mark it down on the calendar. By looks of my calendar we had the final transplant in ground/containers June 21st summer solstice. Im in Sonoma County btw... My calendar says that or August 8th in the final container, i forgot what actual day there was a lot of beer drinking on them long summer days. I hope you kill it again this season, and next year we will definetly look into Bohdi

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
i don't like to try to guess or predict how something will grow, i would feel stupid if im wrong. Each cross has its own characterristics which gives me a general idea of what to expect.

I will be happy just as long as no males make it into the big pots :laughing: Whether we get 6lb plants or 12lb plants makes no difference to me, otherwise i would run all Ancient OG which is proven IMO

Bodhi's breeding seems to favor variety over homogeniety

yeah but then he uses that snow lotus male on everything that kills the nose imo

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I think the snow lotus crosses are very aromatic and flavorful, it adds a sweet honey/cream thing. although there are some afgoo-leaning phenos that are a bit bland. I was never a huge fan of afgoo's flavor

The SL is not as subtle as some people have said, it comes through strong in most of its offspring . I want to run some of bodhi's Appalachia and deadly G crosses too.

Stardawg x Goji f3 sounds like a good one too

Jagged

I think the snow lotus crosses are very aromatic and flavorful, it adds a sweet honey/cream thing. although there are some afgoo-leaning phenos that are a bit bland. I was never a huge fan of afgoo's flavor

The SL is not as subtle as some people have said, it comes through strong in most of its offspring . I want to run some Alpalachia and deadly G crosses too

This is where it's at for me, Life is too short to smoke bad weed.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I'll watch this one, too! :lurk:

How do you plan on keeping the males out of the big pots? Are you sexing them before? Sorry if you said it already and I missed it.

Good luck with the grow! :wave:
thanks! should be a good show..

We are going to veg the seed starts in 5gal pots until they show their sex, usually takes 4-6 weeks if i remember.

when will you start soaking your beans Shrews, im guessing thats how you do it just drop them in a cup of water?
we dont soak the seeds before planting. just put them in the dirt about 1 inch deep and then water.

probably start seeds in April i think. i have to go on my old thread and check when we started seeds last year because the timing worked out well..

fucked up last year though because we started everything in coco, which caused problems when the seedlings got transplanted into soil later on. So we will start our seeds in dirt this year. I do love how quickly seedlings grow in coco though.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
This is where it's at for me, Life is too short to smoke bad weed.
good herb is my 5th favorite thing in the world.

i dont even smoke much weed anymore though, i just dab a lot. its easier on my lungs i think.

B

Baron Greenback

You mention a problem transplanting from coco into your soil. Could you elaborate on this a bit if you have time?
How did it manifest and what sort of timescale did it take to repair itself? If plants were going from coco to soil would you recommend mixing more coco in the soil? If you thought about this at the time, are there any precautions you could pass on (or indeed tips) if there is absolutely no choice in going from coco to soil? Thanks for your help and all this great info.

HillBilly1

Veteran
Back at it Huh, very cool.. Liked the show last year..
I have a pack of Tranquil Elephantizers that I was thinking
About running one of.. Have you done it before?

Holistic Farms

@ BYF computers arent my gig so this is all new to me. I checked my profile and I think you commented on the spring kick off. Unfortuantely most of the crew wont be making it to the ganjier or the art&music this season as we are getting an early start in the 530. BTW how do i leave comments and am I not able to PM at this time? If im wrong please disreguard. Sorry for the random hijack Shcrews I am computer illiterate.

Holistic Farms

This weekend is definitely a no go as I have soil/amendments coming saturday morning at the 530 farm and its four hours and some change from the ville. The A & M fest ill more then likely be at as its my old lady's favorite. Thanks for the invite im looking forward to it. Ill be in touch.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Back at it Huh, very cool.. Liked the show last year..
I have a pack of Tranquil Elephantizers that I was thinking
About running one of.. Have you done it before?
thanks for stopping by. I haven't ran the TE before but i have a pack of TE remix v2 that we will probably grow this season. We have almost 50 different Bodhi strains and can only grow 24 plants. sucks. i need a second spot.

how do i leave comments and am I not able to PM at this time? If im wrong please disreguard. Sorry for the random hijack Shcrews I am computer illiterate.
You can't PM until you have 50 posts i think. and no worries ,it doesnt matter who says what wherever on the internet as long as there's no shit-talking hopefully.

Latest posts

Latest posts