What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Annoying to me because while all of them are NLD/WLD drug hybrids, each phenotype of each genotype requires just a little bit different circumstance to be grown to 'perfection' ...to me that's carrying a healthy plant from germination or propagation to fruition without experiencing disease or pest pressure all while fully maximizing the chemotype and terpene profile of the variety.

Soon the testing will be available to truly dial in what the mineral profile to do that for different types will be but for now I just stick to some scientific stuff and some esoteric stuff and I seem to do OK...

I also don't want to mark 13 different strains on my drying lines and keep them separate for post processing and deal with trimmers saying "Well Susie trimmed strain X and I trimmed strain Y and I only trimmed this many units and Susie trimmed more than me and strain X is better why can't I trim strain X?" or any iteration of that situation ...like "Oh I was high and accidentally dumped a few cups of Strain X in to strain Ys bag on accident do you want me to spend time picking it out?"

I like it to be simple at trim scene. 13 strains is not simple.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
The ancient OG did great last year that's why i'm doing a few of them. i think everything will turn out nice though

managing the different strains at harvest is not too bad if you use cages to dry, just label each cage. and i make all my trimmers trim the same strain until its gone, so nothing gets mixed up. plus they like the variety too. its not easy but nothing is haha

your farm might be more efficient this year but i will be stoked to see all these different crosses in big plant form. most of them have the SL father so there is some uniformity.
anyway much love thanks for the help as always

TheSilverMullet

Veteran
That is a hell of a list.

I'm planning on running some bodhi gear this year as well. Doing a seed run inside of Dream Beaver and Jabbas Stash to select for plants to put in the GH. Also got a clone of Dream Lotus that I'm about to flower for the first time. Both the Dream Beaver and Dream Lotus are super vigorous while most of the Jabbas are fairly compact and indica leaning so far. I'm hoping to find the purple J-stash pheno as I recall bodhi saying that is the one to run outdoor.

For seeds I've got:
Ancient OG (inspired by your thread last year) 14 seeds in my pack!
Solos Stash
Blueberry Hashplant
Red Eye Jedi
Sunshine Daydream

Plus a bunch of others I can't remember but those are the ones I'm most considering for the long season. Look forward to seeing how everything goes for you Shcrews. I doubt I will run so much variety but I will for sure try a few new ones along side whatever clones I choose.

Former Guest

DON'T MIND ME!!

maxresdefault.jpg

B

Baron Greenback

Roll on full planting time, this looks like an incredible amount of work, but should be hugely rewarding. It is so nice just having your hands in soil, keeping something alive.
I shall very much be borrowing some of these methods :)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Tagging along again for this year. If it where my garden I would do a few pots with that proven ancient OG clone. I get the whole seed vigor thing but when you know you have a winner no need to take it out of rotation.
We had some issues with preflowering last year on our clones, so this year doing all seeds because i dont really want to use supp lighting on the hill. Seeds are nice. hoping for a 15 pound Ancient OG this year. I still have that monster cut from last year but no plans to grow it.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
That is a hell of a list. I'm planning on running some bodhi gear this year as well
I doubt I will run so much variety but I will for sure try a few new ones along side whatever clones I choose.
cool, seems like the Blueberry Hashplant is goin in a few gardens this year. I am curious to see how it compares to the Dream Lotus, i haven't grown either one yet.

Roll on full planting time, this looks like an incredible amount of work, but should be hugely rewarding. It is so nice just having your hands in soil, keeping something alive.
I shall very much be borrowing some of these methods :)
yah lots of work but its pretty fun... anyway most of my methods are borrowed from people here on ICmag like Butte , TOm Hill, BYF/Veg/planty, nomaad, fisher etc so you should definitely check out their old stuff.

B

Baron Greenback

Thanks for those names, I'll have a shufti at them. For my sake (I need to see a tree with over 5 kg on it), I hope the weather is kind :)
I suppose if it's really sunny you'll have plenty of shade to shelter under :)

Holistic Farms

@BYF Touche. It seems like you know botany well and cannabis in particular. You made me cringe with Susie X,Y. Unfortanelty we dont have another choice if we want stay with in the guide lines while still having variety. I get excited every time I sprout a seed because we have the chance of finding something new for patients. We always keep the keeper clones around (as well as a few elites) to dial in to perfection.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Shcrews what did you think of that uncirculated og x pre soviet afghani?

the PSA x uncirculated is legit. We had one last year and it yielded over 9 lbs in a 400gal pot, very dense big frosty buds with a loud lemon OG funk. it was one of the fastest strains to sell.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Trust me , I love seeds, just not for my full term outdoor...and if I did use seeds I would need a very homogenous line with correct traits fixed in the female phenotypes and I would probably use all one line and select early on for the same overall physical traits..

turbo14

Veteran
Trust me , I love seeds, just not for my full term outdoor...and if I did use seeds I would need a very homogenous line with correct traits fixed in the female phenotypes and I would probably use all one line and select early on for the same overall physical traits..

If your getting 10 units per plant, then there should be some variety. It doesn't haven't to be everything different, but some for sure.

Hybrid vigor and quality seeds are hard to fuck with. Quality genetics by clone are defiantly amazing as well, but if we did the same ole thing everyday they would just call it work.

Variety is the spice of life.

Turbo

theother

I can see why running seed plants solves your problem. Glad to hear that you are finding enough good genetics out there to hit winners from seed on the first run.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
If your getting 10 units per plant, then there should be some variety. It doesn't haven't to be everything different, but some for sure.

Hybrid vigor and quality seeds are hard to fuck with. Quality genetics by clone are defiantly amazing as well, but if we did the same ole thing everyday they would just call it work.

Variety is the spice of life.

Turbo

Very few people are averaging 10 units of A grade per pant over a large number of plants.

I have zero vested interest in Schrews farm and could not possibly care less if people grow from seed or cut, I'm just sharing my perspective ...

After quite a few trips around the sun,,,

Latest posts

Latest posts