What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

turbo14

Veteran
Lookin' like a solid brotha!

I've heard great things about Bodhi seeds.

Have you ran the Pure Vida or Golden Triangle yet? Both of those look fuckin stellar.

turbo

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Damn those look delicious! Where do you get your bodhi gear?
kind peoples santa cruz
nice list bro.. I see we will be doing a lot of the same bodhi strains this year. when you planning on popping seeds ?
Are you running more ancient og seeds or cloning the 13#er from last year ?
Probably will pop seeds early April. No clones this year. I still have a mother of that monster Ancient though.

Have you ran the Pure Vida or Golden Triangle yet? Both of those look fuckin stellar.
No i havent ran those ones yet. I loved Solo's Stash, Pura Vida might be similar.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
Trainwreck, Afgooey, and Blockhead blended should be a gigantic producer outdoor!!

Out of that big list, how many strains will you actually grow? I'm just growing DOG and Blue Dream this year.

Holistic Farms

800 gallon pots! Thats damn near 100 yds of soil total! You are going to need a tractor to amend your soil or a good size crew for sure! I hope you guys have been getting down on those Acai bowls! The most we have amended by hand at the farm is 50yds with four guys. Start early and keep a slow but decent steady pace seems to be the best attack. I checked your thread from last season and it was a nice show. You inspired us at HF to do a thread of our own this year. Good luck this season Shcrews and the same goes to the rest of you as well.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Out of that big list, how many strains will you actually grow? I'm just growing DOG and Blue Dream this year.
I will plant 15-20 different strains this year. ALmost every pot will be different except we will probably have 5-10 Ancient OG's

DOG is nice, how big does it get? i already said how i feel about blue dream, besides it doesn't do well in my climate. I am pretty stoked on these Blue Dream crosses though especially the Dream Lotus

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
800 gallon pots! Thats damn near 100 yds of soil total! You are going to need a tractor to amend your soil or a good size crew for sure! I hope you guys have been getting down on those Acai bowls! The most we have amended by hand at the farm is 50yds with four guys. Start early and keep a slow but decent steady pace seems to be the best attack. I checked your thread from last season and it was a nice show. You inspired us at HF to do a thread of our own this year. Good luck this season Shcrews and the same goes to the rest of you as well.
I already have about 80 yards of soil i just need 20 more. Drue Bleam is on board for this season so i have some help with mixing dirt etc. I'm trying not to use very many people this year.

yepp man I had an acai bowl this morning after jiu jitsu. Extra goji berries and coconut. Still in vacation mode here, hanging in santa cruz. But it's back to the farm soon though to start prep work, plus i have an 8 light indoor grow that i havent seen in a week.

good luck this season !

Guyute54

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tagging along again for this year. If it where my garden I would do a few pots with that proven ancient OG clone. I get the whole seed vigor thing but when you know you have a winner no need to take it out of rotation.

Holistic Farms

Love them Acai bowls. I like your style. We are doing pretty much the same this year except you could transplant our 200's in to your 800's! We are starting about 12+ strains to fill 25 pots. @ BYF If you are a drip feed kind of guy and dont enjoy hand watering often I can see how it would be annoying. Personally I enjoy and prefer planting one or two superior seeds of each strain rather then worrying about having multiple packs of one strain or phenotype. This has worked well for us in the past. Although disposing of the remaining starts that didnt make the cut can be quite troubling if you cant find a home for them.

Backyard Farmer

Veteran
I spend my time doing way more important work in the garden than babysitting the end of a hose. I'm out at events like Emerald cup and high times cups and local Humboldt events , stop by and see what kind of Nugs this drip feed guy produces

Holistic Farms

@ BYF I wasnt bashing your techniques in any way. I know their are many ways to get the job done properly. We use drippers as well. We only hand water when certain plants arent feeding the same as the rest, when we are feeding teas or to get a full saturation from time to time. I agree with you time is better off spent on the plants rather then holding a hose. You will be sure to see us in the near future and hopefully we cross paths so we can burn one.
Much love and good vibes.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
That sounds insane and annoying ... I'm doing a 80/20 split

you mean it sounds like fun! why annoying? it makes no difference to me what strain fills the pots, they all get planted, watered, and trellised just the same.

growing just a couple strains sounds boring. My fridge is full of jars from last year's harvest, i like variety.

i understand you want uniform product because it's easier to sell, but i dont see why it matters on the production side of things. having variety makes harvest kinda easier because everything doesn't finish all at once.

I spend my time doing way more important work in the garden than babysitting the end of a hose.
i feel that, handwatering kills way too much time. its fun for like 20 minutes

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Schrews bro what is your problem with the Goji OG? why prefer the Ancient OG?
Ancient OG gets bigger i think, biggest plants in the garden last year. I love the Goji its one of my favorites, no problem with it, but it is kind of similar to the Ancient so i will probably skip it this season and grow more different varieties.