What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MotherLode Gardens 2015

GrassIsGreener

Hey, y'all.

Long time Gold Country Grower here. I'm very excited to have found this thread! I've been a member of ICMag for years and only just now cane across this little slice of local experience!
So many vibrant characters here!

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I was wrong if anyone knew where I might be able to source bulk rice hulls in the Mother Lode.

Thanks in advance! It's tricky sourcing agricultural products in the 209!

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
I really enjoyed this thread from start to finish!

But guess what, it is now 2016!!!!

Can we get Shcrews to start a new thread for this year's possibly award-winning plantation?

uh so like what rules are you playing by ? is the season over when the last plant is removed from the garden or when it finishes drying or when its all sold, or when the last of the money from the crop is spent.

nice mega thread.

plantingplants

Hey, y'all.

Long time Gold Country Grower here. I'm very excited to have found this thread! I've been a member of ICMag for years and only just now cane across this little slice of local experience!
So many vibrant characters here!

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I was wrong if anyone knew where I might be able to source bulk rice hulls in the Mother Lode.

Thanks in advance! It's tricky sourcing agricultural products in the 209!

A closer source for you than RE would be Frontyard Nursery in Placerville. $26 a yard.

Sluicebox

I hope so! Its been cloudy for a few days now, really shitty weather for the garden, its causing PM like crazy. Some rain would actually help, No rain yet though

Did you find any of these strains to be resistant to White Powdery Mildew?

My current run getting ready for outdoor 45th P, Oregon, wet valley. Will finish under plastic.

Dream Beaver
Sky Lotus
Silver Mt.
Love Triangle
Snow Leopard
SSDD
TTNL#6x Appalachia

If any of those above are really bad for WPM let me know and I will not run them. Thanks for your work, you inspire us all.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
uh so like what rules are you playing by ? is the season over when the last plant is removed from the garden or when it finishes drying or when its all sold, or when the last of the money from the crop is spent.

nice mega thread.
2015 thread ends when 2016 starts , at least thats how i see it

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Did you find any of these strains to be resistant to White Powdery Mildew?

My current run getting ready for outdoor 45th P, Oregon, wet valley. Will finish under plastic.

Dream Beaver
Sky Lotus
Silver Mt.
Love Triangle
Snow Leopard
SSDD
TTNL#6x Appalachia

If any of those above are really bad for WPM let me know and I will not run them. Thanks for your work, you inspire us all.
none of those are bad for PM as far as i know. Do some experimenting and you will find what works for your climate. Powdery Mildew is more of an issue of how healthy the plants are at the end of the season, which usually depends on soil/plant chemistry and the amount of sunlight

the most PM resistant strains i grew from bodhi are the Ancient OG and the Afkansastan. Coincidentally, both their mothers are landraces from areas with similar climates to mine