What's new

Mostly Ace, Mostly Sativa

Keif Cake

Veteran
Loving this grow. Great selections. Rainbow Dragon's Fire sounds like a riot. And that Headband / Honduras hybrid is beautiful. Looking forward to the smoke reports.

Hope the lights work out for you - I've been using Spiderfarmer 1000's for my last 3 grows and they rock. Not a single issue with them.
Thank you! I'm really interested in the Dragons fire, ive wondered how a super sativa polyhbrid with as many parents as a lot of todays hype strains have will come out. Ill be sure to report on it as soon as i find out.

Ive got a spider farmer 4000 in the big tent, this new one is a 7000, says its a 1000w hps equivalent. Ive been very pleased with how good the 4000 has performed

Keif Cake

Veteran
Well, i evicted the Ethiopian out of the tent for sexual assault on Double chocolate thai, now she must sit outside the tent with the Panama Red x Nangarhar Afghani, which i open the door on the tent when lights come on to finish outside the tent and away from the fans.
Since i had to do some rearranging and pull plants out i was able to get a few pics i normally wouldn't have.

Here's a better shot of the monstrous Honduras
20230410_211903.jpg
20230410_211933.jpg

Colombian mango biche is looking and smelling better every week, really starting to get good resin, and loving these long buds with short node spacing and buds running the length of the stem.

20230410_212002.jpg
20230410_212020.jpg
20230410_212239.jpg
20230410_212030.jpg

I chopped down both HBTK x Honduras last night, plenty of white stigma remaining, but there was a fair amount of amber, smells fantastic, and the buds have swollen. I thought i had lost a good bit of harvest by topping one, but closer inspection i think they may be a closer than i was expecting.

20230410_230350.jpg
20230410_230441.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Well, looks like I'm trashing all of the G Unit cuttings, it looks good and smells good, but the smoke doesn't have much kick to it.

The herm Ethiopian is getting close to harvest, once i chop it, ill put the longer flowering stable pheno back in the tent.

20230427_214210.jpg
20230427_214237.jpg
20230427_214301.jpg

Double chocolate thai
I have severely underestimated the nutritional requirements of this beautiful girl. I have now pollinated two separate branches with the male pollen, i have changed pollination methods and getting much better results. I started using a brown paper, slipping it over branches / the top and then bending the stem to face downward and give it a little shake. Then i go gently point a flowering branch that hasn't caught any stray pollen downwards and into the bag, then gently amd slowly cinch the bag to the stem and shake, the pollination rate has drastically improved. The scents I'm picking up are vanilla and perfume.

20230427_214102.jpg
20230427_214123.jpg

79 Christmas bud has nice resin forming, good pine scents. Since i wasn't able to put Ethiopian pollen to it, I'm putting the Double Chocolate Thai pollen to a small amount.

20230427_214113.jpg

The 4 Zenith on the left, 3 Super Panama Haze on the right.

20230427_215241.jpg
20230427_215402.jpg

Monster Thai

20230428_012043.jpg

RobFromTX

Great grow man!! Is the ethiopian an overall pretty stable strain? Ive been eyeing that one for some time

exoticrobotic

Stunning Double chocolate thai and amazing looking other sativas :love:

You have them all very nicely dialled in :tiphat: can't wait for the smoke reports.

Seeing your plants makes me wish i had run a sativa or two rather than the 5 11week sages ive got going.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Great grow man!! Is the ethiopian an overall pretty stable strain? Ive been eyeing that one for some time
I have only started 3 and got two females and one male. The one female has produced a decent amount of nanners and pollinated things. The male started developing a few ballsacks and then was loaded with pistils. The other female appears to be pretty solid, it has been hanging outside the tent for a few weeks now and still hasn't developed any.
Stunning Double chocolate thai and amazing looking other sativas :love:

You have them all very nicely dialled in :tiphat: can't wait for the smoke reports.

Seeing your plants makes me wish i had run a sativa or two rather than the 5 11week sages ive got going.
Thank you! I agree on the chocolate thai for sure, and can't wait to smoke it.

You can always start some when the sage are done. I grew sage a long time ago when i first started smoking, was pretty good smoke but after running it a couple of times I grew tired of sandalwood. I crossed it to a chocolope it i had, only wound up with a couple seeds, that was some really good make you nervous smoke.

exoticrobotic

You can always start some when the sage are done. I grew sage a long time ago when i first started smoking, was pretty good smoke but after running it a couple of times I grew tired of sandalwood. I crossed it to a chocolope it i had, only wound up with a couple seeds, that was some really good make you nervous smoke.

I wish i could start some more after the sage @Keif Cake but it may not be possible.I hope to grow enough with the sage to last me till i can next grow.

I'm hoping the sage doesnt taste of sandlewood. I agree, it can become rather sickly after a while, that turmeric/sandlewood taste. Similar to a thh minty/dill taste.

I'm trying to remember what the African seeds' Ethiopian Highland tasted of but i can only remember earthy and peachy. The high was really nice from the immature flowers i sampled, you are in for a treat with it i'm sure :tree::dance013:

i've collected many seeds over the years but never managed to snag a packet of chocoloupe or DCT but i am intrigued with just the look of the plant in flower. The DCT is very beautiful. Your photo of It could be in the next Cannabible.

You have some serious growing skills @Keif Cake managing all those sativas all at very different stages of growth and flower.

It's lovely seeing a natural fade on a leaf, i'd almost forgotten what one looks like :love:

Keif Cake

Veteran
I wish i could start some more after the sage @Keif Cake but it may not be possible.I hope to grow enough with the sage to last me till i can next grow.

I'm hoping the sage doesnt taste of sandlewood. I agree, it can become rather sickly after a while, that turmeric/sandlewood taste. Similar to a thh minty/dill taste.

I'm trying to remember what the African seeds' Ethiopian Highland tasted of but i can only remember earthy and peachy. The high was really nice from the immature flowers i sampled, you are in for a treat with it i'm sure :tree::dance013:

i've collected many seeds over the years but never managed to snag a packet of chocoloupe or DCT but i am intrigued with just the look of the plant in flower. The DCT is very beautiful. Your photo of It could be in the next Cannabible.

You have some serious growing skills @Keif Cake managing all those sativas all at very different stages of growth and flower.

It's lovely seeing a natural fade on a leaf, i'd almost forgotten what one looks like :love:
If im remember correctly i think that is the dominant expected terp profile of sage, it was a good yielder.

I'm excited to try Ethiopian, i haven't had any THCV strains that im aware of, thinking harvest of the first one will be in 7 - 10 days.

I very much appreciate the compliments, i feel like i still have much to learn and a long way to go. I think running a perpetual really helps me in learning to do the sativas better and better, I'm able to make adjustments a little more incrementally and see the results of more changes within a calendar year.

I only had the one chocolope, it was when i first started growing and was into the pick n mix getting single seeds, then it went out of stock never back in again. I saw where someone else was offering it now, but i haven't gotten it again, especially since i got the DCT, and they weren't cheap at all, most I've ever paid for some beans, glad it looks like it was worth it, i will definitely be keeping it and at least one of the males a breeding staple in the garden.
It appears i have finally found a few really nice selections for breeding to move forward with, at the top of that list is the Golden Tiger x Panama i found, it's the best weed ive smoked in a long time. The other ones that i look forward to working with are the Colombian Mango Biche, Acapulco Gold, Ethiopian, and the Honduras. I am also looking forward to looking through Honduras Panama later this year for a very nice male and banging female.

Im getting an extra 4x4x7 and a smaller veg tent from my cousin, and plan on doing my sativas in the 4x8 tent, and then running through a bunch of CSI Humboldt in the 4x4 tent to find a few very nice selections from the Chem 91s, TKs, and a few of the other things I've recently gotten like the Flight Risk that Notsodog spoke very highly of on the podcast a couple weeks ago.

I love seeing the natural fades as well, i would have preferred it held off a few more weeks on this one, but i will know next time to give it an extra scoop when uppotting.

Keif Cake

Veteran
So, early sample on the (pink/blue colored tag) which is the fruity smelling (Headband x Triangle Kush x Honduras) is very nice!
The smell of it reminds me a lot of Cindy99, and the high is excellent, better than expected. It has the really nice head feel, right up in the eyes and top of the head, but it must be a lot of the Mexican shining through, because it puts a huge smile on your face, the happiest weed ive ever smoked.
If the mexican side of honduras or oaxacan or other Mexican strains are all like this, i think some shuffling around of what get started next has to happen to squeeze a selection of those in.

Id say it passes it the test on wanting to find a male to using on the white looking Gt x Panama, maybe i should start the HBTK x Honduras, referred to as Headbanduras going forward, ive been tired of typing the former out repeatedly, and some Mexicans, the Honduras and Oaxacan.

This makes recent reason #2 to start all 10 Mexican Honduras, maybe a red hair will surface.

Edit: high thoughts, maybe ill call it Headbandido instead

Last edited:

Keif Cake

Veteran
Absolutely massive harvest of the Honduras, looks like 6-8 oz
20230501_073747.jpg
20230501_232001.jpg
20230501_233051.jpg

Put 3 Super Panama Haze in flower last night, didn't uppot yet, really didn't feel like it, and as quick as these are growing without having shown sex yet, i could benefit from keeping them in the pots for a few days.
20230502_231726.jpg
20230502_231732.jpg

Getting those out allowed me to spread the Zenith out for breathing room, hoping the one in the purple pot is the climbing the walls pheno.

20230502_231636.jpg
20230502_231643.jpg
20230502_231650.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Well, plans change, lineups change... that cross is straight 🔥 10-20 seeds of it to find a male or two, hopefully another female or two thats even better and F2 them.

Going to hunt searching for really good Mexican genetics, all 10 Honduras and maybe all 10 Oaxacan.

Finally got the tents from my cousin, the CSI hunt is getting delayed

20230503_220909.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Got a little busy last night, uppotting the Super Panama Hazes and Zenith.

Put another Jack the Ripper in flower along with the most tropical looking Zenith.
20230503_234546.jpg
20230503_234553.jpg

Zenith in veg
20230503_234532.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Apparently the last bag i used to put pollen in and wrap around the buds for pollination had some little holes in, i have far more seeds on this Double chocolate thai than i planned for. This is why i like using only males from a line at a time

20230504_224208.jpg

I also decided to pollinate this Acapulco Gold bud with Double chocolate thai, should be hundreds of seeds off this bud

20230504_224234.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Been a pretty busy week, got about half of my chickens sold thankfully, feeding them had gotten to cost about a $100 a week.

Finally got the 4x4 put up, had to order one because the tent my cousin brought isnt a 4x4, so i got a light in yesterday for the 4x2 he gave me. In the 4x4 are 4 Jack the Ripper and the 79 Christmas bud getting close to finishing, smells very nice!

20230515_090941.jpg
20230515_223619.jpg

Finally got around to changing up my soil mix a bit, lets see how this goes over the next few months. I removed mostly all my mix from the bin, added about 8 gallons of clay i dug up from the yard, and a couple bags peat free soil mix, then added some of the original mix back in. May need to add some perlite later, actually went to buy some yesterday, but there wasn't someone working in garden center to checkout.
20230515_111813.jpg
20230515_111942.jpg

Also finally got the other 3 Zenith into flower last night.

20230515_223718.jpg
20230515_223724.jpg
20230515_223728.jpg
20230515_223737.jpg
20230515_223746.jpg
20230515_223750.jpg