What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mostly Ace, Mostly Sativa

Keif Cake

Veteran
Well, my phone broke a few weeks ago and lost all the pics I had on it, so figure I'll start this to post some of whatever I've got going on that I think is worth holding onto, or for date references since I don't do much tracking. This phones camera seems to work much better as well, and I was able to get some nice close up bud pics, which I'm pretty happy about because the other phone couldn't focus on anything like this Well at all, I'd have to record a video and then screenshot it to get a half decent one, but this took a pretty spectacular closeup.

20221006_220608.jpg

This is the only plant with buds right now, Headband x Triangle Kush which I pollinated last night with Honduras male from the Columbian line in the breeders pack. Nice Christmas tree structure, and he stinks pretty good on the stem rub, like enough i don't have to smell my fingers you can smell it as you rub it. From the Honduras I sampled, I think they will compliment each other well, because they both hit you in the forehead.

I haven't flowered a ton of males, but this one has been the most productive by far, and has been doing pollen for less than a week.
I have an Afghan Kush from World of Seeds I plan to hit with it, as well the Panama Haze, New Caledonia, and the Panama x Pck i have in veg. I'm sure while I'm at it I'll go ahead and make a couple dozen zamaldelica crosses while I'm at it.

20221006_221110.jpg

20221006_221043.jpg

Some Honduras, Panama Haze, New Caledonia, Honduras x Panama, Zamaldelica, Afghan, and Headband x Tk, oh yeah and a Malawi.
The Malawi and PanHaze are the most vigorous plants I've run yet.
The Honduras is the biggest one in there, because I put in flower, but for at least a month it had a light over it that was running 24 hours a day, so it got a ton of veg.

20221006_220336.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Very nice setup friend and very pretty plants. . What size containers are you using? 😎
Thank you very much! I still have much to learn, but have come miles from where I started. 5 gallon buckets mostly, but I like the black self watering pots better, which I have 3 of in there. They hold a little more than 5 gallons, and I like how they are just a little wider at top.

Keif Cake

Veteran
It's a Vivoson, 4x8x8 ( it's an inch or two under 8 tall), I've been pretty happy with it, fairly thick material. As soon as I get an extra 200- 300 I'm getting a light to put in between the two that's in it so I can get better coverage.
I really only do any tying late in flower or on wispy plants that can't support themselves,

Having one that size is a lot more convenient for doing these tropical sativas, and it leaves enough room to work in a few hybrids / indicas and not have them completely shaded out

Keif Cake

Veteran
This Honduras I predetermined to be the keeper based on structure, is really turning out to be a definite keeper. Unlike the other Honduras, this one has visible trichome development, and the smell of it is a very sweet candy, that is quite loud, it smells like the Honduras x Panama I have, but much stronger and sweeter smell.

Looks to be very productive.
20221018_000528.jpg
20221018_000534.jpg
20221018_000620.jpg

20221018_000739.jpg

The male

20221018_001437.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a party you have going there Keif Cake ;) Happy to see you are busy growing our genetics and producing your own seeds with them! The Honduras male belongs most probably the Colombian pheno since Honduras plants finishing with such colorful stems usually belong to this pheno. The Honduras female looks indeed promising :) It's a very good sign that she is showing more resins and terpenes early on compared with the other Honduras you have grown.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Cannagars take a lot of work and you look pretty busy Kelf. Sorry, you probably already said and I just missed it. Is that a 4 ft T5 fluorescent light in the tent? 😎
Yeah they do take a good bit of work, and hopefully some nice cured will make it just a little easier. I try to stay fairly busy, especially since my dad passed last week.

No that's a LED shop light from Harbor Frieght, it does quiet well for what it is. I have one hanging in a closet that I veg under after putting them on final put before going in flower, it's where the male is. In the next few weeks I plan to pull it out and replace with another grow light, as well as rotating the 2 that's in there so I can have complete coverage

Keif Cake

Veteran
What a party you have going there Keif Cake ;) Happy to see you are busy growing our genetics and producing your own seeds with them! The Honduras male belongs most probably the Colombian pheno since Honduras plants finishing with such colorful stems usually belong to this pheno. The Honduras female looks indeed promising :) It's a very good sign that she is showing more resins and terpenes early on compared with the other Honduras you have grown.
Yes it is quiet a party! Apparently I like cramming it as full as possible, at least they have each other for support right now.

Yes, the male is definitely Columbian from the Columbian line. And I can't wait to see what comes out of some of the seeds, only issue is limited room on how many to run.

Latest posts

Latest posts