What's new

Mostly Ace, Mostly Sativa

Keif Cake

Veteran
Well, it appears that all 6 Double chocolate thai are all males....
I did start Ace Thai a couple weeks ago, so it looks like I'll be using a couple of the males on that.

Put the 2nd Nangarhar Afghani x Panama Red into flower last night, which mostly emptied my veg tent out, which means its time to decide when to start jack the Ripper, likely will do 10 to hopefully end up with about 6 females to make a selection from. I will also be thinking about starting a few Ace fems, but will probably start those a week or two later.

RobFromTX

Well, it appears that all 6 Double chocolate thai are all males....
I did start Ace Thai a couple weeks ago, so it looks like I'll be using a couple of the males on that.

Put the 2nd Nangarhar Afghani x Panama Red into flower last night, which mostly emptied my veg tent out, which means its time to decide when to start jack the Ripper, likely will do 10 to hopefully end up with about 6 females to make a selection from. I will also be thinking about starting a few Ace fems, but will probably start those a week or two later.
Is the Ace Thai the same line as the chocolate thai? I was impressed with the grow report on that one. It sounds like a real winner

Keif Cake

Veteran
Alright, have been extremely busy over the last several weeks, which hasnt left much time or energy for taking a lot of pics or frequent updates. I have been putting up fence, building chicken coops, hatching out and taking care of a lot of chicks, getting beds ready for planting, digging holes and planting trees, blueberries, other berries, asparagus, and other things im trying to get done before the hot weather is upon us.

I finally finished the mushroom wine and got it bottled, still have to get the stickers on the bottles so i can take a pic of finished product, but a sample of it when bottling and it tastes pretty good.

I did add another about another 800 grams or so to the wine a few weeks back after running the numbers on the bottles, and increased it from about 30 grams a bottle to 58 grams per bottle, so it will be fairly strong like i wanted.

I started some jack the ripper seeds, something happened and germ rate isnt good, may be partly my error, sometimes things happen, but i do have 4, less than half what i wanted, and I'm not opening my other pack of them at the moment.

Keif Cake

Veteran
Time for some updates.

This Acapulco Gold is growing like gangbusters, very nice candelabra structure, thin leaves, should be fairly productive from the looks of it so far.

20230308_202020.jpg

The Ethiopian, there are actually twp plants in this pot, one is just a good bit smaller, but going to let it live until completion. I have the top to the flowering male in a glass of water for pollen. It wasnt looking like it was going to grow very tall a week or so ago.

20230308_202041.jpg

Looks like i will be making 79 xmas bud x Ethiopian after all, and will be putting this female in flower very soon.

20230308_202939.jpg

The pair of Headband x Triangle Kush x Honduras growing very nicely, one was topped and the other is growing a 2 ft long cola. Smells good so far, picking up some Honduras scent from them, and it looks like nice size nugs growing inherited from HB x TK side.

20230308_202106.jpg

Colombia Mango Biche is looking very nice as well, tight internode spacing.

20230308_202147.jpg

Will update more throughout the day, i have a few more pics from last night.

Airloom

Veteran
Alright, have been extremely busy over the last several weeks, which hasnt left much time or energy for taking a lot of pics or frequent updates. I have been putting up fence, building chicken coops, hatching out and taking care of a lot of chicks, getting beds ready for planting, digging holes and planting trees, blueberries, other berries, asparagus, and other things im trying to get done before the hot weather is upon us.

I finally finished the mushroom wine and got it bottled, still have to get the stickers on the bottles so i can take a pic of finished product, but a sample of it when bottling and it tastes pretty good.

I did add another about another 800 grams or so to the wine a few weeks back after running the numbers on the bottles, and increased it from about 30 grams a bottle to 58 grams per bottle, so it will be fairly strong like i wanted.

I started some jack the ripper seeds, something happened and germ rate isnt good, may be partly my error, sometimes things happen, but i do have 4, less than half what i wanted, and I'm not opening my other pack of them at the moment.
I’ve been sharing the epic Psychedelic Wine updates with many family and friends. It’s not likely they will be offering any help with the PRODUCTION phase should I decide to give this a try.

I offered to provide the shrooms and technical support for a group/family project. This is a labor of love and I’m enjoying the updates🍉🍄

Keif Cake

Veteran
I’ve been sharing the epic Psychedelic Wine updates with many family and friends. It’s not likely they will be offering any help with the PRODUCTION phase should I decide to give this a try.

I offered to provide the shrooms and technical support for a group/family project. This is a labor of love and I’m enjoying the updates🍉🍄
Thats really awesome!

It appears this project has a couple of months left yet, the wine was apparently bottled a little too early, a couple of nights ago i was cooking and heard a pop, then the sound of the cork ricocheting off the ceiling, so last night i uncorked all of them and poured them back into the fermemter.

It is certainly a labor of love, if i was to ever sell any id have to get at least a $100 a bottle, and i wouldn't be willing to part with more than 5 or 6 at that price

Keif Cake

Veteran
Looks like the xmas bud 79 x Ethiopian male cross is off the table again, the male cutting i placed in a glass of water has grown little buds full of pistils, so not going to use that. Maybe the Ethiopian will be piney and i can make some fem selections.

The Acapulco gold male is holding stable, so ill probably use that on the Ethiopian, wouldnt want to waste an opportunity to create something potentially worthwhile. They are both lanky very thin leafed sativas that are growing with tremendous vigor.

I put the chocolate thai in flower last night, did a lot of pruning on several in flower, and wanted to try and get a few pics, but i had already been at it a couple of hours and it was getting late.

Nannymouse

Very nice thread!

I am a fan of the chocolate aromas and especially the taste of the ones that i've sampled. Chocolate Trip was my first taste. Then, Chocolate Thai from AKBB, as well as a couple of crosses. The one sample of Chocolope i didn't find that there was all that much chocolate in either aroma or taste, but that might depend on the pheno (very sweet and tastey, tho!). I've liked the effects, too. Maybe not as much raw power as some of the ACE offerings that you have, but found that the high is 'sort of' similar to FLO that i got to sample. Before i had to stop growing, there was a future project that i wanted to try using some ACE thai hybrids, since i didn't have the pure thai. Now, here you are doing the experiment before i could, so that's cool, and with the pure. Good luck with these...and the others! (wonder what a ThaiChi x Chocolate Thai would turn out like)

For me, though i like some 'pure sativas', it really comes down to the end product. That is sort of dependent on what the grow environment will allow, too. In the bag, fat leaf or skinny leaf doesn't seem to matter.

Anyway, i had to comment on hermies and lights. Back in the really olden days, when i was using the old shop light floros, EVERY dang time, adding the warm lights to the cool whites, things would hermie. If going to flower with the cools, they wouldn't hermie. i'm starting to conclude that a change in light types just wouldn't work with the shop lights, and possibly with other types of lights, too. Others may have different experiences with adding 'new' light, but that's what happened for me.

Last edited:

Keif Cake

Veteran
Thank you very much @Nannymouse
I have limited experience thus far with Chocolate strains, i grew out a chocolope in maybe 2012, only had a single seed that i wasnt able to clone well, but i really enjoyed it and would like to run some again one day if i come across it. The Hazemans Chocolate thai f4 i smoked the first time last night, its been in the jar for a couple of months now and still doesn't smoke very well, although that part is improving I'm still undecided on it.

I haven't tried thai chi yet, ive passed over buying a few times, but i do imagine ill get it sometime to check it out, especially as much praise as ive seen it getting.

I most certainly prefer sativas or anything energetic that helps me get things done, but it is really all about the end product, and some of my favorite smoke of all times are hydrids. Cant say I'm really a fan of indica though, but i have been liking the Afghani for night time, it seems like ive been sleeping most of the night when i smoke it before bed.

The Ethiopian male that hermied did get put under a different light, but its the same process ive been doing for all cuttings, but if it herms that easily and that bad i certainly dont need to be breeding with it.

Keif Cake

Veteran
I pollinated the Headband x TK x Honduras with Acapulco Gold. The one on the right is smelling tropical, very bright and reminescent of pineapples, really tropical smelling, the lumbo is really coming through.

20230316_221137.jpg
20230316_221215.jpg
20230316_221220.jpg

Honduras, maybe i can get about half pound on this monster?
20230316_221230.jpg

Acapulco Gold
This is by far the most vigorous ive grown, and ive had some vigorous sativas over the last couple of years

20230316_221246.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Ethiopian
Very elegant, lanky and resinous as soon as the buds are forming, not much smell but its not even a 1/4 way done

20230316_222501.jpg
20230316_222249.jpg
20230316_222226.jpg

20230316_222201.jpg

Honduras Panama
My jar of this one is way lower than id like it to be. Looks like ill get a massive yield, its only a few weeks in, but already smelling loud.

20230316_222530.jpg
20230316_222535.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Colombian mango biche

I pollinated it a couple of nights ago with the female Honduras pollen i collected a few months back, and it looks like at least some of it has taken.
Early scents coming through are very similar to what I'm getting from the Honduras. Its not going to be the trimming dream that the Honduras i have is, and i expect the effects to be a bit heavier without the Mexican influence.

20230316_234603.jpg
20230316_234538.jpg
20230316_234456.jpg
20230316_234444.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Is your mangobiche from cbg, landrace seeds, or maybe energenetics cross of the two?
I got the Mango Biche from Humboldt CSI's preservation run that got released around Thanksgiving, first time growing it, and I'm really liking how it is shaping up, the resin looks like it will have the potency im searching.

Edit: I also got Burmese IBL sativa from CSI, haven't heard much about burmese other than it being used by TH Seeds in its Burmese Kush it released around 2010

Last edited: