What's new

Mostly Ace, Mostly Sativa

Airloom

Veteran
1100 grams wet into 3 gallons of wine should make around 28 375ml bottles. At 13% weight estimation of wet:dry material, leaves a little over 5 grams per bottle dry weight equivalent. Should provide a nice buzz without risking it being accidently overpowering at that strength.
Time will tell if it is any good, but it didnt just taste terrible when i sampled it, and will need to be back sweetened a little when bottling.

I let the shrooms steep for 2 days, drained, and Added bentonite clay to clarify. Need to order the 375ml bottles, and hopefully will have something worth bottling in about a month.
The reward in life is always in proportion to the risk someone once said.
I can’t wait to hear how this finishes.
This project is challenging on so many levels and it’s obvious you know what you’re doing. I’d be hesitant to attempt this but perhaps in time I may think otherwise. Very inspiring to see

Keif Cake

Veteran
Wait what shroom wine, is this a common thing or your own invention?
Well, the ancients used to make psychedelic wine. I tried doing some searches before i made it, but not much information is to be found. What i did find about more recent history, was it used to be common in early American history until a certain point, cant really remember the details.

So, psychedelic wine isnt my invention, but this recipe is because i couldnt find many specifics on actually making some.

Keif Cake

Veteran
The reward in life is always in proportion to the risk someone once said.
I can’t wait to hear how this finishes.
This project is challenging on so many levels and it’s obvious you know what you’re doing. I’d be hesitant to attempt this but perhaps in time I may think otherwise. Very inspiring to see
Thank you! I will be sure to report on how it turns out. I doubt i drink it very often, because wine gets better with age, and i prefer consuming in other ways, but it would be very good to carry to an event somewhere and be slick with tripping

Keif Cake

Veteran
Havent felt like being very active on the forums lately, but a little update.

20230107_003610.jpg
20230107_003615.jpg

Had to start the rest of the Double Chocolate Thai since only 1 of 4 sprouted out the dirt, the other 6 i started in paper towels, and have at least 5 now.
All 4 A Gold and Ethiopian were successful in starting.
The 2 HB x TK x Honduras are female, ready to get the tall one of the left side into flower and see whats what.

20230107_004310.jpg

The Panama x PCK, PCK leaner is surprisingly fast, although idk how long it has been, it went into flower 2 or 3 weeks after the Panama leaner, and will be taken down this week. The Panama leaner still has a couple weeks left.

20230107_003547.jpg

Keif Cake

Veteran
Latest purchase, may be some shuffling around of near future plans for what to start the next couple runs. Chose 3 x Blueberry Muffin from HSC as freebies, have seen and heard really good things about it.

Unfortunately that was the only thai pack in stock. Most likely will be crossing Double Chocolate Thai with an Ace thai selection.

I recently got Panama regs and fems, and 2 Five packs of Honduras x Panama regs in as well.

Screenshot_20230118_161742_Firefox.jpg

Airloom

Veteran
@Keif Cake
Will you be starting a new thread here?
That’s a very nice selection of beans.
Hope the psychedelic wine is still moving along.

I’ve finally inventoried my seed vault and decided I’ve got enough seeds for this and the next lifetime. Jeez Louise……

Keif Cake

Veteran
@Keif Cake
Will you be starting a new thread here?
That’s a very nice selection of beans.
Hope the psychedelic wine is still moving along.

I’ve finally inventoried my seed vault and decided I’ve got enough seeds for this and the next lifetime. Jeez Louise……
Not sure if ill be starting a new one, probably will just continue posting in this one for the time being.
I ordered bottles last week, and 12 of 36 came in yesterday, they said appeared to be damaged in shipping and UPS was sending a package back to them, so as soon as i get those in, I'm looking to start bottling.
I plan on filling about half with the wine as is, and hopefully i will have some more fresh shrooms to add to the remaining wine and then bottle that one a couple of days later.

I completely understand what you mean, i didnt have any plans of ordering more seeds either, at least not anytime soon, but i was bored and checked the multiverse when i saw they had some gear i hadnt previously had the chance to buy, especially the thai.

I dont do new years resolutions, but i decided this year mine will be to pop more seeds l.

Airloom

Veteran
decided this year mine will be to pop more seeds (Same here)

Thanks for the update on the wine project. You take it all in stride (bottles) and it shows in your grows. I’m trying to get level if that makes any sense (yin/yang balance)

Keif Cake

Veteran
Its a good one to have! Hopefully the results at the end of it will be some really nice keepers.

You're welcome, and thank you, i think staying fairly busy helps a lot, plus i dont really keep track of how long anything has been running so im not getting all antsy about something needing to hurry up and finish. Having upgraded to a large tent certainly helps as well since i have the space to run some as long as they wanna run, and still have plenty of room to run several shorter flowering ones at the same time.

I do believe i understand what you mean in trying to get level, its just a continual process of improvement for me, and trying to do things better than the last time. It can be difficult to feel like any progress is being made, i often feel like I'm too lazy and not getting enough done, but i have to take time out to reflect and look back at where things were a year ago to see how far things have come along, and that makes it easier and all feel worthwhile.

Airloom

Veteran
I agree on reflecting on progress. Practice makes for improvement not perfection…..
I know I haven’t grown on a regular basis for 30 years but always love it. There are so many choices and so much information I can get frozen. I think Picasso said “a work of art can never be completed, only abandoned” that’s what I fall back on anyway
🌪️🪴🌪️🪴

Keif Cake

Veteran
I would have to mostly agree with that quote, but sometimes you quit on a work of art so you dont screw it up.

Panama Kush, yielded very well. I took some shrooms Thursday night, and got to thinking i bet its finished although it still had several white pistils remaining. I pulled it out looking it over amd after deciding it was done, i spotted a few fresh nanners, caught before any i could see opened up.
20230122_122312.jpg
20230122_122329.jpg
20230122_123930.jpg
20230122_123936.jpg
20230122_124011.jpg

Airloom

Veteran
I would have to mostly agree with that quote, but sometimes you quit on a work of art so you dont screw it up.

Panama Kush, yielded very well. I took some shrooms Thursday night, and got to thinking i bet its finished although it still had several white pistils remaining. I pulled it out looking it over amd after deciding it was done, i spotted a few fresh nanners, caught before any i could see opened up. View attachment 18804600 View attachment 18804599 View attachment 18804598 View attachment 18804597 View attachment 18804596
That’s what it’s all about…..nice!!!!!!!!!

Keif Cake

Veteran
Bit of an update.
Headband x TK and Tuna Kush on opposite back corners nearing the end, and showing lots of color fade. the g-unit are looking good, but one had a few opened pollen sacks, i killed the clone and watching it, another one i chopped up into my soil bin, herm city, never seen one like it before, probably a 100 nanners on it, there was a floral cluster of nanners in one spot the size of a dime, must have been 30 nanners there: very smelly plants, hope the 4 remaining stay stable and are good smoke.
20230125_205730.jpg
20230125_205743.jpg

Hashplant Haze x Kali China and a pair of GT x Panama
20230125_204835.jpg
20230125_205210.jpg

The mango biche is the back right one, and looks to be beastly plants. The Acapulco Gold is the front left, and looking vigorous, just not as thick of stems as Mangp biche. Ethiopian is front right, and slow going at this point, up-potted im bigger container to see how that changes things, they surprisingly filled the other pot with roots although top growth isnt all that. The 1st double chocolate thai is a male and in a different space than this tent, the other ones are growing nice. 79 xmas bud hasnt been going well so far, poor germination, but there is a single plant growing, looks like the potential cross of it and Ethiopian is a no-go this run. Nangarhar Afghani x Panama Red is growing well.
20230125_205849.jpg

Airloom

Veteran
Bit of an update.
Headband x TK and Tuna Kush on opposite back corners nearing the end, and showing lots of color fade. the g-unit are looking good, but one had a few opened pollen sacks, i killed the clone and watching it, another one i chopped up into my soil bin, herm city, never seen one like it before, probably a 100 nanners on it, there was a floral cluster of nanners in one spot the size of a dime, must have been 30 nanners there: very smelly plants, hope the 4 remaining stay stable and are good smoke.
View attachment 18805238 View attachment 18805239

Hashplant Haze x Kali China and a pair of GT x Panama
View attachment 18805240 View attachment 18805241

The mango biche is the back right one, and looks to be beastly plants. The Acapulco Gold is the front left, and looking vigorous, just not as thick of stems as Mangp biche. Ethiopian is front right, and slow going at this point, up-potted im bigger container to see how that changes things, they surprisingly filled the other pot with roots although top growth isnt all that. The 1st double chocolate thai is a male and in a different space than this tent, the other ones are growing nice. 79 xmas bud hasnt been going well so far, poor germination, but there is a single plant growing, looks like the potential cross of it and Ethiopian is a no-go this run. Nangarhar Afghani x Panama Red is growing well.
View attachment 18805242
AMBITIOUS you are……
Do or do not, there is no try!!!!!!!!!

Looking good from here🪴💥🪴💥