What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Autoflower?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Keep in mind that only strains with a ruderalis background can be considered true autoflowerers. Ruderalis is the only type of cannabis that has this flowering trait in the wild. Most of the early/semi autoflower strains are like that because of selective breeding for earliness. The strongest true autoflower strain I've smoked is lowryder 2. It is a really decent smoke! Nothing like the first lowryder. Sweet105 might be the strongest, but I don't know for sure if it's a true autoflower strain or semi.

Thule, with true siberian autoflower genes.

Greens

Sweet 105 is semi-autoflowering like the GG...

Thule, I am not convinced that a true autoflowering strain cannot be produced without ruderalis. I bet with selective breeding for auto, the GG or mighty mite could be bred into a true autoflowering strain. However, this strains do have ruderalis-like genetics from the high altitude strains (himilayan). These mountain indicas (both wild and human-bred) often have similar traits to ruderalis such as short stature and autoflowering.

jingles, awesome! It looks like you are going to have some nice gg crosses. :wave:

Greens

Greens

^^^ I'm not sure if it's the "micro" version, but GG background is:

Early Gold x (Afghan x mighty mite)

EG is Kona Gold x Himilayan if you were wondering. KG is an outdoor sativa from hawaii.

Greens

pumpkin2006

Its simply not true that only Ruderalis strains can be autoflowerers. In actuality, Indica is just a subspecies of Sativa and Ruderalis is in the same boat. Their are "Indica's" and "Sativa's" that can autoflower as well. The reason for flowering really depends. Most of the hemp, seed oil industry uses autoflowers so that they can get multiple harvests in a year; all of the strains are labeled Cannabis Sativa.

My ideal plant would be an autoflowering, regular sized plant, that can be grown indoors. That way, in one grow room, I could have a flowering plant, clones, and seedlings...
Would GG do this indoors?

Greens

I've never had good luck with GG indoors. Others, however, have grown it indoors much better than I have. I think for me the main problem is that they do not like hydro and that's how I grow indoors. The people that grew them indoors in soil grew much better GG.

However, from my personal experience, I would not recommend GG for indoors. There are other strains bred indoors that are just better suited for indoor growing.

Greens

kneehigh

Greens said:
Sweet 105 is semi-autoflowering like the GG...

Thule, I am not convinced that a true autoflowering strain cannot be produced without ruderalis. I bet with selective breeding for auto, the GG or mighty mite could be bred into a true autoflowering strain. However, this strains do have ruderalis-like genetics from the high altitude strains (himilayan). These mountain indicas (both wild and human-bred) often have similar traits to ruderalis such as short stature and autoflowering.

jingles, awesome! It looks like you are going to have some nice gg crosses. :wave:

Greens

Yeah there is a guy over at the advanced nutrents boards that has an Afghan mother that he has to veg under 24 hours light. They flower under 18/6 right away. So he just puts them outside. These are by far the most impressive plants I have seen that you can flower anytime of the year outside. Too bad its only around in clone. If someone could breed it into some seeds...or mabey some female seeds that would have mass appeal.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
kneehigh said:
Yeah there is a guy over at the advanced nutrents boards that has an Afghan mother that he has to veg under 24 hours light. They flower under 18/6 right away. So he just puts them outside. These are by far the most impressive plants I have seen that you can flower anytime of the year outside. Too bad its only around in clone. If someone could breed it into some seeds...or mabey some female seeds that would have mass appeal.

I wish I could. It doesn't get that dark before the frost here. That's why only ruderalis type plants will do. That afghani is EARLY, that's for sure, but autoflower, no. Autoflowers can't be vegged at all.

dr greenthumbs is a bit expensive but say you buy the 50 non fem seeds for $400...grow them out and inbreed the best male and female. the seeds that they produce will be well worth it come outdoor time??? yes? no??

also, is it possible to produce feminized seeds with a strong phenotype of this or auto ak47 without fucking up??

F

Frank CadillaK

HeY Everybody,

I know some of this is old stuff but is the 'GG' still available and if so where could I find it?

Thanks!

Frank C

H

hulkbogan

PM greens. Mighty mite is another autoflower plant that I have found to be more potent than alot of the other outdoor in BC because it finnishes up in the full summer sun and not in the fall. Good luck keeping her in veg though....

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Greens said:
OK, not exactly. GG does not only flower based on the photoperiod. GG is a semi-autoflowering strain. Many of them WILL flower under 24 hours of light, but it often takes 8 weeks of veg or more before that happens. Under 18/6 (still considered vegetative cycle), almost every single plant will flower once they are older than 8 weeks old. So with GG, the flowering time is based both on the age/maturity of the plant and also the amount of darkness it receives each night.

Hi Greens, looking forward to running GG in 09, but reading this again got me thinking...... if "almost every single plant will flower once they are older than 8 weeks old" ..... as clones have the genetic age of the mother, can cuttings from say, 4 week old mothers be used to produce smaller, stealthier GG plants ?

F

Frank CadillaK

Thanks Hulkster!
But I can't PM nothing, Just a small fish yet.lol. I 'am really interested in obtaining some of those 'GG' genes! Does any one know of a bank that carries this line or point me in the right direction? Sound like it would be a great plant for 'round my parts. The Local here is constantly bunk :cuss: !
Anybody?

Take it easy!

Frank C

hamstring

Veteran
Frank
Go to www.unleashdagreen.com and sign up first you must sign up to get to the forum section then ask for MR Clone.

Or go to the outdoor forum here and look for Greens 2008 grow thread and post any questions regarding his gear you like. He is a very honest and forthcoming brother.

PEACE

Greens

Chaos, yes under 18/6 most of them will begin to flower once the plants are mature. Under 24 hours of light, however, very few of them will. GG#2 tends to be more auto, while GG#3 is less so. If you started them under 18/6 indoors and took clones, you would likely get smaller GG plants. However, I find that GG is short enough, so that might just hurt your yield too much. I wouldn't do it.

Later,

Greens

F

Frank CadillaK

Thanks Hamstring!
Good looking out! I think that I am already registered there at 'ULDG'?

So Greens,
you created the 'GG' strain? Very Nice man! Much Respect to you.
Are there still beans available of all the different versions of 'GG'? If so how could I pick some up? I think these would be great for my 'ODO' this year.
Could you let me know man?

Take it easy !

Frank C

J

JackKerouac

Hey MDanzig! :wave:

Power Stout is crazy dank. Although it is an unknown mom x af x af, it is tasty and crazy potent compared to Lowryder when taken at 50% amber.

Latest posts

Latest posts