What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Autoflower?

G

Grasso

Hello,

pumpkin2006 said:
Thing is, they are autoflowerers, so its not like your gonna keep a mom, you would just keep making seeds.
Every hemp plant can re-vegetate, some more easily, some less easily.

pumpkin2006 said:
One thing I'm confused about, is GG actually an autoflower, or just flowering during a high light cycle? If it only finishes in august, instead of finish after a certain amount of time, then how is it an autoflowerer?
Nothing is automatic, and everything has a reason. These strains prefer a lot of fluffly soil and long days.

In shops, offices and appartments palms and fleshy plants grow hydroponically but rarely flower. Often a plant will flower when stressed. Stress is a lack of comfort, an environmental change and signalizes life to change, too, by throwing the dice of sex.

Uli

pumpkin2006

Grasso said:
Hello,

Every hemp plant can re-vegetate, some more easily, some less easily.

Cool... but unfortunately doesn't matter. Its not worth any of the trouble or time wasted to do that.

Nothing is automatic, and everything has a reason. These strains prefer a lot of fluffly soil and long days.

In shops, offices and appartments palms and fleshy plants grow hydroponically but rarely flower. Often a plant will flower when stressed. Stress is a lack of comfort, an environmental change and signalizes life to change, too, by throwing the dice of sex.

Uli

Ya... true AF flower due to a chronological clock the others are photo-period sensitive; hence TRUE AF.

pumpkin2006

alih92 said:
Is there any way i could get lets say a white widow plant to auto flower?

Absolutely, but you have to breed it with an AF plant and then (what is consistently said by breeders of AF plants) about 5% of the offspring will retain the AF genes and then you begin inbreeding those to stabilize the AF genes and hopefully you'll be also breeding the ones that are potent and showing uniform growth patterns.

If you don't know much about breeding then I would say read up before taking on a task like this.

fari

Hey guys, I thought I might show you how my LR2's look like for the LR interested. Some great info on this thread, give thanks y'know...

Runt:

Blessings

pumpkin2006

fari That is just some awesome looking plants. I can't help but ask how many seeds your germed and they were female and turned out like that. Does LR#2 seems stable or did you get any of the "mini's". Also have you smoked any yet?

pumpkin2006

I want to create my own true AF strain.

Ok, well first off, I believe that we need to establish the purpose of the strain.

I want to make a strain that is short, compact, finishes from seed in 10 weeks or less, is potent and yields from 7-28 grams a plant (average being 14).

Considering most AF strains out there have these qualities anyways, I don't think this is unrealistic.

In my own arsenal right now I have Purple Urkel, WW, NYCD and lavender; I will probably try my first breeding with one or all of these strains.

So heres the ultimate question: out of the "commercial", readily available strains out there, which one should I start with? LR#2, Masterlow, Powerstout, one I don't know about???

PrinceOfPersia

Heres some pics of c99 x gg#2
First of all i gotta admit i couldnt keep my fingers away from the bitch on the first pics, she smelled so nice, totally pineapplec99 trait. This shit still smelled like pineapple after 15 mins in the oven at 100c- anyways she was still totally potent and goo tasting, so she became my smoke even before she finnished lol! :pointlaug
She had kept the fast flower trait. Just before judge me, know i have revegged her :woohoo:

and here's another pheno.

Im not sure if its gg2xgg2 , c99xgg2 or madonna x gg2

and here's my own autoflower.

pumpkin2006

Beautiful plants. Thing is GG isn't a true autoflower, it just finishes faster. True autoflowers bud in a set amount of days, at any light schedule; its totally chronologically determined.

fari

pumpkin2006 said:
fari That is just some awesome looking plants. I can't help but ask how many seeds your germed and they were female and turned out like that. Does LR#2 seems stable or did you get any of the "mini's". Also have you smoked any yet?

Hey P. I germed 7, all germed, but I killed 3 by own mistake(two were eatn by a snale the other fell and got lost), from the remaining 4, 3 where female. I have 3 pheno's: one runt, wich looks real nice, 4 stems come out of it and its much shortier and bushier.
The tallest one is faster flowering then the shorter one, allthoug they both smell the same.
Haven't smoked anything yet but will make shure to right a SR when time is right :yummy: :yummy:

Peace

I know this thread is old, but I'm wondering how GG fairs inside? If anyone has tried. I recently ordered Lowryder seeds. I'm waiting for them to arrive, but I'm now kind of let down, as it seems lowryder isn't that great. Still, I've wanted it since I first heard of it, so I'm looking forward to having my own Auto Flower, but size of plant doesn't matter to me. It's the autoflowering trait, and the over all potency of the finished product. That's why I'm interested in GG. I was wondering, if it would flower under 24 hours of light, along with vegetating plants and clones. If so, I think it would be fun to have, while waiting for non-autoflowering plants to finish up, indoors.

Peace,
horror business

pumpkin2006

horror business said:
I know this thread is old, but I'm wondering how GG fairs inside? If anyone has tried. I recently ordered Lowryder seeds. I'm waiting for them to arrive, but I'm now kind of let down, as it seems lowryder isn't that great. Still, I've wanted it since I first heard of it, so I'm looking forward to having my own Auto Flower, but size of plant doesn't matter to me. It's the autoflowering trait, and the over all potency of the finished product. That's why I'm interested in GG. I was wondering, if it would flower under 24 hours of light, along with vegetating plants and clones. If so, I think it would be fun to have, while waiting for non-autoflowering plants to finish up, indoors.

Peace,
horror business

No, GG isn't a true AF. True AF's, flower due to a chronological clock. GG just flowers due to photoperiod, which is somewhere around 10 or less hours of darkness. What you want is Masterlow, all the smoke reports say its a great smoke and finishes just 1 week longer then LR#1

What is a good reliable site that sells Masterlow and ships to the US? The seed company I ordered from, only carried Joint Doctor autoflowering strains. And they still haven't arrived, but hopefully tomorrow they will be here. So, will I be disapointed in the finished product of Lowryder? Is the potency nothing more than mexican brick weed?

masterlow37

Veteran
Masterlow

Masterlow

horror business said:
What is a good reliable site that sells Masterlow and ships to the US? The seed company I ordered from, only carried Joint Doctor autoflowering strains. And they still haven't arrived, but hopefully tomorrow they will be here. So, will I be disapointed in the finished product of Lowryder? Is the potency nothing more than mexican brick weed?
http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=1005&b=81&c=

Goyakla

imo- Af.stains sucks !!!!
Get hold of some strains from Dk, Sw, Finland etc. They are nearly af.,when grown down south. In a grow room they show sex at around 20h of daylight and most have a killer stone like Royal Dane, Leb 24, Afgh/Heaven, Purpel Peace - OHHHH- YEAH - they get reeeeeal purpel.
peace :rasta:

J

JackKerouac

Goyakla said:
imo- Af.stains sucks !!!!

Your spelling and grammar does as well! Try contributing to the thread rather than being a troll.

I had a chance to try some Masterlow over the weekend and it was alright potency, mildly stinky after a good cure, but solid stone. It is still better than the Mexican brick floating around here.

Last edited:

Greens

pumpkin2006 said:
No, GG isn't a true AF. True AF's, flower due to a chronological clock. GG just flowers due to photoperiod, which is somewhere around 10 or less hours of darkness. What you want is Masterlow, all the smoke reports say its a great smoke and finishes just 1 week longer then LR#1

OK, not exactly. GG does not only flower based on the photoperiod. GG is a semi-autoflowering strain. Many of them WILL flower under 24 hours of light, but it often takes 8 weeks of veg or more before that happens. Under 18/6 (still considered vegetative cycle), almost every single plant will flower once they are older than 8 weeks old. So with GG, the flowering time is based both on the age/maturity of the plant and also the amount of darkness it receives each night. ML is more autoflowering for sure, but the potency and smell don't compare and the yield is also smaller. This year I'm trying a cross of early wonder skunk x ML and I'm thinking the EWS will boost the potency/yield.

PrinceofPersia, hehe, nice little c99 x gg. Glad to hear she was potent with a nice pineapple smell! I'd try growing them a little larger if possible to get a significant yield. Those others look like they will be bigger. Good luck...

OK, I hope this helps...

Greens

Last edited:
G

hi all. heres a little autoflowering danish passion pollinated by a gg#2. the gg#2 male was shedding pollen at 21 days old from seed, all the gg's i have had the pleasure to work with are very quick to flower from seed and are fresh and vigorous. can't wait to try the seeds from this girl.. :joint:

G

forgot about this girl.

she's another danish plant called royal dane, allready flowering outside for around 4 weeks allready..