What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most Potent Autoflower?

Ganico

Veteran
I'd like to see some kind of autoflowering c99 cross. Maybe Lowryder#2 X C99

I heard "sweet pink grapefruit" had some recessive AF traits.

I think at least a good oz per plant and yet less than 2 feet tall autoflowering strain would best for a stealth plant. That's potent of course. More breeding just needs to be done is all, more potency needs to be bred into the existing AF's.

G

hi ganico, the first pack of st#3 had a few auto flower females and they were very nice. solid hardy structure to them, i rated the af's in the sweetooth better than the non af types.

Greens

Ganico said:
More breeding just needs to be done is all, more potency needs to be bred into the existing AF's.

Well, that's not the case with Guerilla Gold. It has more potency than most non-autoflowering strains, that's for sure.

Hey jingles, that picture is of Guerilla Gold#2...

Greens

NOKUY

Veteran
Ganico said:
I heard "sweet pink grapefruit" had some recessive AF traits.

jingles said:
hi ganico, the first pack of st#3 had a few auto flower females and they were very nice. solid hardy structure to them, i rated the af's in the sweetooth better than the non af types.

I can verify this too.

The Autoflower has shown up in Blockhead also... which happens to have the same dad as SWT#3...and coincidently is part SPG.

I've grown lots of Blockhead and the AF plant I came across did not show up on the original plant from seed (i flowered it at 4 weeks veg.)....but the clones I took from that plant were VERY slow to root (just like taking clones from a plant in flower), and as soon as they rooted they made some real pissy flowers under 24 hr light. (I'm realized then that autoflower plants arent good clone material)...what about re-veg? (no such thing?)

the plant I flowered was exceptional (just as expected from BH)

I had pics of the whole ordeal on Overgrow.

If I'd have had some GG pollen to polinate that one It could have been quite interesting

a buddy of mine from OG sent me some lowryder pollen when the clones flowered, and we realized it was AF ...but the clones didnt do anything of course, and the mom was almost finished.

I'm figuring that since the clones flowered right away...that the plant would have done so on its own if I'd have left it in veg by about 5 or 6 weeks at the most.

thought I'd share

BTW I'm moving back to Alaska in a couple of years and I would REALLY like some GG beans...they would be perfect for an OD grow there.

Greens/others...do you know of any one ever growing GG in AK?

thanks for listening guys
-yukon

Greens

Hi Nokuy,

Someone in Alaska did receive some of my GG beans, but I never found out how they did. I'll let you know if I find out...

Greens

Ganico

Veteran
Greens said:
Well, that's not the case with Guerilla Gold. It has more potency than most non-autoflowering strains, that's for sure.

Greens
Yes but it takes too long compared to other AF's. 60 days from start to seed is a lot better, but GG does look nice though. Also, what was it, 3 feet tall? Too noticeable compared to other AF's. 1-2 feet would be a lot more stealth. Like I said, more breeding needs to be done on the AF's, Oz or better of potent bud, 2 feet max, entire lifespan of 2.5 months max, that's the goal (IMO)

Greens

Ganico said:
Yes but it takes too long compared to other AF's. 60 days from start to seed is a lot better, but GG does look nice though. Also, what was it, 3 feet tall? Too noticeable compared to other AF's. 1-2 feet would be a lot more stealth. Like I said, more breeding needs to be done on the AF's, Oz or better of potent bud, 2 feet max, entire lifespan of 2.5 months max, that's the goal (IMO)

Hmm, well whose goal is that? Not everyone's I suppose, but perhaps yours. lol. You're right GG takes longer than LR and is larger. However, to me those are not downsides, they are upsides. I want a decent yield per plant and that's impossible with a strain as short as LR. I don't want a strain with zero veg time because I want a good yield and I'm quite sure many would agree with me. You are right, it's not as stealthy as a 1 foot tall plant. However, it is still very stealthy for a potent cannabis plant and they are done well before the threat of frost or thieves. To me, and to many outdoor growers with short seasons (or just want an early crop), GG is already bred the way we want. However, I agree that it would be cool to have more AF strains and one exactly how you describe.

dutchmasters, pm me if you want man...

Greens

G

i agree with greens. gg is exactly what i want in an autoflowering strain. i want potency and yield, not so concerned with size and stealth since i only grow in sites that are stealth. i honestly just do autoflowering strains outside so i dont have to wait until october to be smoking homegrown.

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
Holy Budmass!!! Bravo, Greens.

8703GG2chunk.JPG

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I'm interested in AF strains the most for outdoor growing. Indoors isn't that big of deal (maybe to do some breeding and making seeds). I might do alittle breeding with some of my AF strains. I wouldn't mind improving the AF strains for nice stealthy plants but with something worth while. Whoever did the breeding on Guerilla Gold is genius. That strain is awesome looking. I'm interested in improving AF strains to that matter or to fit my needs where I live (and others too).

G

Closet Funk said:
Whoever did the breeding on Guerilla Gold is genius. That strain is awesome looking.
The guy who did it is Greens. He's the one to get seeds from. I guess peeps just aren't reading the posts in this thread. Let me reiterate...Greens created GG. Greens is the one to contact for beans...unless you want my F2's.

Last edited:

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
Redux said:
The guy who did it is Greens. He's the one to get seeds from. I guess peeps just aren't reading the posts in this thread. Let me reiterate...Greens created GG. Greens is the one to contact for beans...unless you want my F2's.

I know Greens is the one to get them from but I didn't know he was the breeder. I must of misread something. Well either way he is genius for creating the strain.

Greens

Hehe, hey thanks guys! Breederbrad deserves huge credit for giving me the genetics in the first place. Thanks man!

Greens

TGT

Tom 'Green' Thumb
Veteran
Greens, I just sent you a PM. Sorry if I sounded retarded, I didn't read the thread well enough and didn't realize you were the one to get beans from. I really like these plants! This is the first time seeing them and I think they would be a perfect outdoor crop for around my area. Stuff is always getting stolen around here so this should finish soon enough to avoid the thieves. Also, looks darn good at the same time!
Great job on something totally useful!

TGT

Greens

Ganico said:
I had a change of heart folks

gg > lr,ml,etc

Hehe, well, it's always best to try them all first. However, from my experience and from the experience of many others, that is a very SAFE assumption. lol.

TGT, thank you very much man! Yeah, my second year of outdoor growing I got a little too optimistic and planted in a swamp in plain site from a dirt path (big mistake). Anyway, that year I was growing mostly later strains that take till the end of September. On September 24th (oh I remember the exact day), everything in that crop was stolen right before harvest. I had some monster dutch treats and umma Gummas stolen from me and it was terrible. However, the only strain I was able to harvest from that patch was the Guerilla Gold because I took them at the end of August! Luckily, I also had some other better-hidden patches that year, so I still did OK. However, I did learn my lesson about where to plant and also learned a secondary lesson about using earlier strains...

Greens

hashberry.

stick it out to autoflower from seed, it will take about 2-5 weeks to show pistils. how ever, most are 3 weeks to 4. if topped on the main stem when they have pistils or more developed prefolowers, they will branch out realy well and make a shrub about 1ft tall by 7 inches wide. doesnt require much (or any) fertilizer, is SUPER POTENT, flowers in roughly 60-65 days, will yield about 3/4 an oz like that or so, and not to it's mention only 15$ on seedbay and 23 on seedboutique. check out mandala seeds and forum, they've got the funk. definatley worth looking for if you can do the 80-100 day range. was #7 strain of the year according to high times.

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
Hola!!!

We got many autoflowering strains here in Finland, strains like: Rentun Rutku, Jeppis Girl, Fin 420 and so on... Not all of these strains are 100 % af but enough of them are showing that af-propertie! Maybe I dig more info and all the af-strain names & heritage someday and post them in this thread!!!

I am currently working with: Durban Poison x Lowrider, Stuporsonic x Lowrider & LR x LR. I am planning to make crosses with Power Plant, Nevilles Haze, Mr.Nice, Shiva, White Skunk, Sweet Purple, Jock Horror. I am going to plant these experiments in spring, so well see whats coming up from those? I want some 80 cm to 1.5 m plants in height whose got good potency!

Greens: What is the size of an finished Guerilla Gold -plant? You have done good job with that strain for sure:)

Keep It Green & Growing But Don´t Forget The Smokin!
Peace Out Growers!
:joint:

Agent 09

wow, nice gg pics greens. I've been researching semi autoflowering and full autoflowering strains for a while. The three most potent auto flowering strains I've come accross is mighty mite, guerilla gold, and sweet 105.

There are some others like Ruderalis Skunk and Ruderalis Indica plus lowryder and all the lowryder crosses, but from what I've herd they are not all that potent. Those pics for the GG greens seal the deal though.