What's new

Moroccan Beldia Kif

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @terroirist for sharing your last season experiences with our genetics ;) much appreciated! So happy to see they survived the difficulties of guerilla growing without much watering under such hot and dry summer we are having in Europe last years.

Probably the pruning from animal attack and the lack of water delayed the flowering. Correct, Beldia is a bit more drought resistant than Lebanese, since Lebanese produces bigger plants with more biomass. Pleased to know you like the outcome and potency despite Beldia, Lebanese (and Hokkaido) are the least psychoactive genetics in our catalogue.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
What a great development in just 20 days since your last update @Montana199 ;)
Beldia really performs much better outdoors, yours should be ripe by early August.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you are pleased with the results of your Beldia grow @xtsho :yes:
Do you have pics in flowering ? What type of crosses did you produce ?

terroirist

Hello sorry for the delay, this photo is from a few days ago, I am very impressed by the vigor of this plant and resistance, at the moment there is not much smell
Hi Montana,

Nice plant, she looks very vigorous indeed.
She does not seem to mind the insects eating her fanleaves. It might be a caterpillar. Don t you want to spray her ?

Those little bastards love her leaves...

Montana199

What a great development in just 20 days since your last update @Montana199 ;)
Beldia really performs much better outdoors, yours should be ripe by early August.
Hi Montana,

She does not seem to mind the insects eating her fanleaves. It might be a caterpillar. Don t you want to spray her ?

1689589539341.jpeg

Hi Montana,

Hello, if you sprayed them for the caterpillars, the problem I have with the green grasshoppers and my dog that eats the lowest leaves a greeting

terroirist

View attachment 18866529

Hello, if you sprayed them for the caterpillars, the problem I have with the green grasshoppers and my dog that eats the lowest leaves a greeting
Hi Montana,

If even your dog loves her leaves what a mess. You gave him your love of the plan !...
For the grasshoppers do you have any plan to fight or is the damage still acceptable ?
Personally I use as little insect kilkers as possible, if the damage is not too severe, I let it be... In my garden it s a nightmare with slugs and snails but they are not that fond of cannabis compared to their love of beans or zucchini.

xtsho

Glad you are pleased with the results of your Beldia grow @xtsho :yes:
Do you have pics in flowering ? What type of crosses did you produce ?

I didn't take any pics in flowering. We got hit with an early heatwave in May with a week of temps in the 90's that I didn't expect. My indoor grows are in a garage without air-conditioning so between the heatwave and the HPS light it got pretty hot in the tent and my plants got a little toasted and ugly and thus not photo worthy. It's why I shut down the indoor for the summer and do an outdoor grow until I start back up indoors around September. I also got spider mites for the first time in years which made the plants even less photogenic. It's been so long since I've had mites that I got lazy with prevention, let my guard down, and paid the price.

I crossed the Moroccan with a PCK/Durban cross and also with just a straight Durban. I plan on growing the Moroccan + PCK/Durban when I start the indoor grow back up.

I also need to get to the Standard Thai, Honduras, Lebanese, Orient Express, and Bangi Haze which I've yet to grow. Then there is the Congo, OTH, Malawi, and Golden Tiger that I want to grow again.

You have so many selections that it makes it hard to decide what to grow with my limited space. Might be time to get another flowering tent or a bigger one.

:)

xtsho

How would you describe high?

It's really hard to accurately describe a high as each individual is going to be affected differently. I found it to be a rather mild effect compared to some of the high potency THC strains but I enjoyed it as I prefer a more subtle effect and rarely smoke high THC strains. It hit me rather quickly but it wasn't forceful. I could tell I smoked it but the effects were smooth and not abrupt. I was able to continue to do things while still feeling a calming effect from the cannabis.

There were no mind altering effects or the desire to be lazy but more of a calming feeling that lasted for a couple of hours. I was still able to go about my daily tasks without issue.

It's going to become part of my regular stock to have on hand for smoking.

goingrey

Couldn't resist! Took a lower bud as an early sample. Well, early in the sense that a lot of the seeds aren't ripe yet. The plants are pretty much done, will be watching close for any mold. Dubi's suggestion to get the fella out of there quick was some sound advice indeed.

This was just enough for a pinner. I was wondering if I would even feel anything but, yes, at least this pheno is psychoactive even at a one pinner dose. My tolerance is generally on the low side but especially during the last couple of weeks I have celebrated summer with a lot of joints, so it is not nothing. The pheno is the small columnar "most Moroccan" one.

The effect is quite physical, I can especially feel it around my head. Things look a little different visually, like colors and contrast.. Also experiencing a kind of restlessness.

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for the early feedback and lovely close up pics on those resinous flowers @goingrey :yes: Moroccan landraces are not the most potent genetics, so it's a good sign that you feel her psychoactivity at low doses without short lived effects, even though the flowers haven't been properly dried-cured yet, and testing flowers were harvested a bit early.

Moroccan hash classic effects are physically comforting, moderately narcotic and anti anxiety, giving a lazy, a bit heavy body feeling, with slightly blur view and foggy mind, usually lasting for 2 hours or so, after that body usually asks to chill out or sleep.

Restlessness is not something related with classic Moroccan effects (quite the opposite), i think that will disappear after a good drying/curing process.

Such big, voluminous flowers she is producing @Montana199 :love: finishing like a champ without deficiencies or pests. Moroccan genetics (and other hashplant landrace sativas from arid-desertic origin like Lebanese) show their best in comparison with others genetics when they are grown in rocky, sandy soils like yours and with lack of water and feeding.

Yours is more than happy and still reflowering, so most probably will finish around 3rd week of August (sorry for my earlier, wrong estimation).

Welcome to ICMag @ds1824 :) and thanks for supporting our work.
Are you growing the regular or feminized version ?

ds1824

Thanks for the early feedback and lovely close up pics on those resinous flowers @goingrey :yes: Moroccan landraces are not the most potent genetics, so it's a good sign that you feel her psychoactivity at low doses without short lived effects, even though the flowers haven't been properly dried-cured yet, and testing flowers were harvested a bit early.

Moroccan hash classic effects are physically comforting, moderately narcotic and anti anxiety, giving a lazy, a bit heavy body feeling, with slightly blur view and foggy mind, usually lasting for 2 hours or so, after that body usually asks to chill out or sleep.

Restlessness is not something related with classic Moroccan effects (quite the opposite), i think that will disappear after a good drying/curing process.

Such big, voluminous flowers she is producing @Montana199 :love: finishing like a champ without deficiencies or pests. Moroccan genetics (and other hashplant landrace sativas from arid-desertic origin like Lebanese) show their best in comparison with others genetics when they are grown in rocky, sandy soils like yours and with lack of water and feeding.

Yours is more than happy and still reflowering, so most probably will finish around 3rd week of August (sorry for my earlier, wrong estimation).

Welcome to ICMag @ds1824 :) and thanks for supporting our work.
Are you growing the regular or feminized version ?
Hey dubi, I'm just growing the regs and timely enough after posting these pics a few days ago the plants are growing pretty quickly. I was in love with what I saw in this thread before I purchased the seeds, I am almost contemplating putting more in.

goingrey

Yes, I'm very impressed with the potency of the two I've tried, well beyond my expectations. But my expectations were pretty low, wasn't sure a small joint would do anything at all. Of course compared to say PCK the Beldia is much milder, different level really, just so no one gets the wrong idea.

Plants got the chop yesterday. Some seeds still seemed immature but I think I have more than enough to not need 100% germination, and it was time to switch the lights to longer days for the next round. Also maybe it just has more pale seeds? Anyway, stay tuned for bigger bud shots instead of the tiny trim from the shadows.

Latest posts

Latest posts