What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moroccan Beldia Kif

goingrey

Ok so I have sampled buds from the different phenos in various ways multiple times now.

IMO, from a percy home grower perspective, the best use is as a hash mixer (in my case dry sift made from mixed strains). You get the Moroccan taste, missing from the hybrid hash, and good potency, missing from the Beldia flower. Wonderful taste and feeling from a j.

Old Piney

Beldia still going
1693959967185.jpeg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey dubi, I'm just growing the regs and timely enough after posting these pics a few days ago the plants are growing pretty quickly. I was in love with what I saw in this thread before I purchased the seeds, I am almost contemplating putting more in.

Glad to hear that @ds1824 ;) please, keep us updated!

It's great to have the chance to admire ACE and Khalifa Beldia in the same page Old Piney thanks a lot for your feedback! :yes: You are right, by crossing and introducing Beldia semi autoflowering and very early flowering onset to a long flowerig tropical ganja sativa is a great way to lower down flowering times of the latter without adding Afghani indica, although to keep things interesting regarding effects it would be necessary to use as mother a really nice THC rich Beldia, avoiding CBD rich plants.

Those Beldia harvested flowers look :yummy: @goingrey thanks for the pictures! :D I haven't mixed Beldia flowers with flowers from other, more potent strains in the same joint, so sorry i cannot comment on it.
And you are correct, hashplant genetics like Beldia, not highly selected for consuming directly the flowers, show their true potential when used to produce hash. Glad you got the chance to experience genuine Moroccan homemade hash!

Such a monstruos cola she is producing @Montana199, love it :) Glad i failed with my prediction on her finish, because she is reflowering and reflowering, increasing yield and resins, thus producing a better outcome.

goingrey

Those Beldia harvested flowers look :yummy: @goingrey thanks for the pictures! :D I haven't mixed Beldia flowers with flowers from other, more potent strains in the same joint, so sorry i cannot comment on it.
And you are correct, hashplant genetics like Beldia, not highly selected for consuming directly the flowers, show their true potential when used to produce hash. Glad you got the chance to experience genuine Moroccan homemade hash!
Nah sorry maybe I wasn't expressing myself clearly enough.

The hash was made from other strains and I mixed it with Beldia flower in the joint...

Didn't want to run these pollinated and overripe buds through the drum. Just based on a feeling, as authentic as that may have been.

But making Beldia hash certainly is in the plans for the future. I have some volunteers growing already, maybe from them.

Obviously as a hash strain it is impeccable but still difficult to recommend for that purpose for an indoor personal grower.. Even if I plan to do exactly that. :D Just a question of essential oil yield per watt..

Airo

Wow, beautiful outdoor grows - thanks for sharing! Just out of curiosity, how would the Beldia do indoors?

Airo

Just went back a few pages and now realise that that's exactly what you have done, and yours does indeed look fine! :) My bad.

I just sometimes feel that strains like this still "belong in the wild", you know kind of like how you'd be hesitant to keep exotic animals as pets. Your experience is reassuring though!

goingrey

Just went back a few pages and now realise that that's exactly what you have done, and yours does indeed look fine! :) My bad.

I just sometimes feel that strains like this still "belong in the wild", you know kind of like how you'd be hesitant to keep exotic animals as pets. Your experience is reassuring though!
Some strains won't do well indoors, that's totally correct. But this is not one of them. :)

Old Piney

I thought I'd share a few observations I've made growing Khalifa’s Moroccan Beldia over the last two growing seasons in New Jersey.Ive had absolutely no problem with mold despite a very humid wet climate. There seems to be two basic phenos with regard to structure , one very loose with fox tales and the other much tighter but still somewhat fluffy. Both the phenos are branched with no columnar pheno as described in Aces Beldia. The smell and taste is sweet I'd describe as honeysuckle. I did however have one plant I suppose could be described as woody,not sweet at all. One female was sterile.Both year's I've had a native sweet bee working the males for pollen and messing up my pollen-collecting. I'm really intrigued by this I've never seen these bees before only when the Beldia males are flowering, not even on other cannabis male flowers.
1694294685524.jpeg

goingrey

I thought I'd share a few observations I've made growing Khalifa’s Moroccan Beldia over the last two growing seasons in New Jersey.Ive had absolutely no problem with mold despite a very humid wet climate. There seems to be two basic phenos with regard to structure , one very loose with fox tales and the other much tighter but still somewhat fluffy. Both the phenos are branched with no columnar pheno as described in Aces Beldia. The smell and taste is sweet I'd describe as honeysuckle. I did however have one plant I suppose could be described as woody,not sweet at all. One female was sterile.Both year's I've had a native sweet bee working the males for pollen and messing up my pollen-collecting. I'm really intrigued by this I've never seen these bees before only when the Beldia males are flowering, not even on other cannabis male flowers. View attachment 18888304
A golden bee! That's cool.

ds1824

Hi guys, just wondering how long do you typically flower your Moroccan for? About to go on start week 6 buds are fox tailing, not an overall tight structure look forward to posting a pic soon.

goingrey

Hi guys, just wondering how long do you typically flower your Moroccan for? About to go on start week 6 buds are fox tailing, not an overall tight structure look forward to posting a pic soon.
Haven't done a seedless run yet but I think it should be 7-8 weeks (as per catalogue description). Seeded it seemed done even sooner maybe but I let it go longer to make sure the seeds had time to ripen. Am doing the sensi run now and one is flowering under 18/6 light at about a month old which raises the question, when to start counting..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @goingrey Moroccan Beldia takes approx 7-8 weeks of flowering to finish, this info is stated in the strain description @ds1824 kindly post some pics if you want us to take a look, and will confirm with more accuracy.

Old Piney

Even outside my beldia I let go for about 8 weeks .Started flowering July 15 and I harvested September 13

goingrey

Interesting! keep us posted. Looks like more than a pre flower but not full on flowering. my question is semi-auto or full on auto
I agree it would be interesting to know but I'm afraid it will have to remain a mystery as I'm planning to flip the lights soon for the other inhabitants of the tent.