What's new

More Strains than Brains - SB's evolving project.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Thanks, unc. That Mirre is definitely a winner... I love the smoke and she performs really well. I can handle the long-flowering I suppose.

As far as the F99 project goes, I still have 20 beans and my mentor has 8 or 9 (he started one or two recently.) My plan is to try and find 'lemon pheno' daddy(s) and work as many lemon-pheno females with him/them and just see what happens. I'd also backcross to the F with that pollen. Remember, I am feeling this out right now. I have no clue what I'm really doing. :smoke:

I guess the whole project depends on how the hermie traits pop out in the next generation. If they're bad, I have a couple of exceptional clone moms to show for my trouble. If they remain minor as they are in the F1s, I'll keep going.

And yes, I have cuts. I have clones of all 4 phenos not only rooted and saved in veg but also one of each flowering. Those will be in pictures over the next few weeks.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Remember, I am feeling this out right now. I have no clue what I'm really doing. :smoke:

shhh,just wrap it in some mystical stuff and pretend you know what yer doing!:laughing: see,if you say"the path is obscured for now..." it sounds much more in tune with the plant-o-scape!

L

LolaGal

lookin good in here! WOW!

lookin good in here! WOW!

. That Mirre is definitely a winner... I love the smoke and she performs really well. I can handle the long-flowering I suppose.

As far as the F99 project goes, I still have 20 beans and my mentor has 8 or 9 (he started one or two recently.) My plan is to try and find 'lemon pheno' daddy(s) and work as many lemon-pheno females with him/them and just see what happens. I'd also backcross to the F with that pollen. Remember, I am feeling this out right now. I have no clue what I'm really doing. :smoke:

And yes, I have cuts. I have clones of all 4 phenos not only rooted and saved in veg but also one of each flowering. Those will be in pictures over the next few weeks.

sweet! looking absolutely grand !!!! I think my fave is the Mirre pic.

Good luck with your breeding project. There was a really good thread in strains somewheres on how to pick daddies. They should sticky it. I would find it, but I am on dialup, sorry.

Strainbrain

Veteran
Hehe no worries, Lola. I know the thread well and refer to it a lot when I have males to sort out. The original F99 dad was picked from only 2 males and didn't seem overly spectacular... just better than the other one. It's such a stable gene pool (from what I've seen of it) that I expect I can find one just as good (or better) in the 11 Cindy seeds I have to look through.

Only one way to find out, right? :smoke:

Strainbrain

Veteran
shhh,just wrap it in some mystical stuff and pretend you know what yer doing!:laughing: see,if you say"the path is obscured for now..." it sounds much more in tune with the plant-o-scape!

Shit, I forgot to do it in Yoda speak, too. I am, as usual, fail. :dance013:

Seriously, though, I don't want to pretend to know what I'm doing. That would just reinforce the false notion people have that you have to know what you're doing before you try something. Do, reflect, redo is a fine way to learn and there's no reason you can't get great results on your first try. (This lemon F99 stands up to most of my best plants...)

Strainbrain

Veteran
You know it... took a bit of a forum hiatus but the garden's still at full steam. :smoke:

Can't wait to get back and get some more pics up, my friend-seeds thread is gonna blow up shortly.

Strainbrain

Veteran
Hey, I just noticed that the thread is over 10,000 views! That's a little humbling, thanks to all of you who have taken an interest in my little shenannigans. I hope you've all enjoyed it so far. It's only gonna get better. :smoke:

C

coxswain

I enjoy this thread so much. I always lurk in the background. It's going to get better? How?

hehe
:thank you:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Shit, I forgot to do it in Yoda speak, too. I am, as usual, fail. :dance013:

Seriously, though, I don't want to pretend to know what I'm doing. That would just reinforce the false notion people have that you have to know what you're doing before you try something. Do, reflect, redo is a fine way to learn and there's no reason you can't get great results on your first try. (This lemon F99 stands up to most of my best plants...)
you never know how cold the water is till yer balls deep anyway...

Hey, I just noticed that the thread is over 10,000 views! That's a little humbling, thanks to all of you who have taken an interest in my little shenannigans. I hope you've all enjoyed it so far. It's only gonna get better. :smoke:

:respect:

Strainbrain

Veteran
I enjoy this thread so much. I always lurk in the background. It's going to get better? How?

hehe :thank you:

Thanks, cox! :tiphat: I'm sorry I missed your reply last time I checked in.

I'm not sure how it's gonna get better... I guess I'd better start figuring that out now that I put it in writing.

sweet cab man and love the grows :D keep up the good work!

Hey man, welcome to the show. Thanks for the kind words!

Strainbrain

Veteran
Something something prodigal son something something...

Something something prodigal son something something...

... or somesuch.

At long last, here are the promised pics!

This one is F, a couple weeks from chop:

And this is the last of the low-odor F99 about 10 days out. The F99 LO clone I cut rotted in the dome - the only one of 5 in there to do so - and it is lost. I could always try a reveg, but the lemon pheno(s) are the clear standouts and I'm going to take the project in that direction anyway. She looks good in pictures, but she's not the best. :tiphat:

There's more on the camera, more to come in this and other threads!

Strainbrain

Veteran
Moar

Moar

Here's the back row of tent #2, looking almost done!

F99, the Fruit Stripe Gum pheno. This is my darling. She's on the left above.

Next to her is the Grapefruit Jam:

And in front, for the first time in the thread... my White Widow cut. This smells like... banana bread? It's creepy. It's sweet, delicious, and very potent plus it yields heavily and finishes in 60 or less. She is a keeper. She will soon be a mother, too. Dunno who gets to be the lucky stud, though.

Strainbrain

Veteran
The 3 in that last post are long-term, permanent keepers. I'm working on narrowing down my stable right now and they are the first three on my list. (Along with the BB x F-13... yum.) :smoke:

Che

Veteran
Hey Mr Brain that Fruit Stripe bud looks awesome, all chunky and blown up :D Great updates in here, wish I could sample it with ya!

Latest posts

Latest posts