What's new

More Strains than Brains - SB's evolving project.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Time for some new stuff! Here's a couple shots of one of my F-13 girls, about 7 weeks in and hitting the home stretch:

Strainbrain

Veteran
these are f1's right?

Yessir, these are DJS originals. I scored the one pack and have popped half of it. 3 ladies, 1 no-pollen-at-all male, and one full-blown 50/50 hermie so far.

Woohoo! F13 in the house!:bump:
Smells?
RM

Damn right in the house! I've been excited to run this for a while. :jump:

The smells are pretty familiar to me - very similar to the smells in the BB x F13 I ran. (And still run.) I have a hard time describing them.

There's one female with some nanner issues (not yet pictured) and that one has the most interesting smell - fruity/berry type. Unfortunately she's gonna be one-and-done as it's just too dicky to consider keeping. #1 (pics below) is more in the tangy thai/citrus realm and #2 (whose pics are in the previous post) has that complex leathery/citrus/redwine smell.

Here's #1. A pretty specimen, though nowhere near as frosty as her taller sister. She's a bitch to get out of her spot in the back of the tent, so don't expect many more pics of her until chop day. :smoke:

Last edited:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
very nice sb,i never dropped my subscribe to none of the homies threads,you already kno imma be here waitin for you to drop the science ;) ,good to see ur thread getting jumpin again bro.
peace-T-

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yup looking good like always bro, nice to see different strains being grown than the same ol cuts everybody seems to run these days. I've become and HUGE seed fan since all the ones I've popped have been better than the cuts I've had over the last 3 years!

Strainbrain

Veteran
very nice sb,i never dropped my subscribe to none of the homies threads,you already kno imma be here waitin for you to drop the science
wink.gif
,good to see ur thread getting jumpin again bro.

Thanks, T. Always good to have ya in the house. Hopefully going to have round after round of new stuff coming up, just like the good ol' days. :smoke:

Yup looking good like always bro, nice to see different strains being grown than the same ol cuts everybody seems to run these days. I've become and HUGE seed fan since all the ones I've popped have been better than the cuts I've had over the last 3 years!

Thanks, er... also T? ;)

I can't stand smoking the same thing over and over, I could never have one of those static - if stunning - elite gardens. I know what ya mean about seeds too, dude. And I'll even take it a step further - the best seeds I've popped are the work of forum members here at ICMag. And hell, the best plant I have is from my own cross.

I also think it makes you a better grower - you can't dial in plants so you gotta dial in your game.

Strainbrain

Veteran
SHAWIING! :D

Indeed... :smoke: This one really purpled up nicely by the end. I took her at 60 days. Far and away more resinous than either of the other females, maybe the middle one in terms of weight. She's a pretty dense spear up top.

Here's her sister, also taken at day 60. This one made a couple of nanners, not bad enough to cull over but then... #2 up there is a tough act to follow. :biggrin:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks, T. Always good to have ya in the house. Hopefully going to have round after round of new stuff coming up, just like the good ol' days. :smoke:

Thanks, er... also T? ;)

I can't stand smoking the same thing over and over, I could never have one of those static - if stunning - elite gardens. I know what ya mean about seeds too, dude. And I'll even take it a step further - the best seeds I've popped are the work of forum members here at ICMag. And hell, the best plant I have is from my own cross.

I also think it makes you a better grower - you can't dial in plants so you gotta dial in your game.

You hit on the trichome head with that one! My best ones came from members here and other boards gotta luv grow forums...

Strainbrain

Veteran
You hit on the trichome head with that one! My best ones came from members here and other boards gotta luv grow forums...

You know it man... I've got keepers from johnnyhash, Mosca Negra, Dr. Dog, Benji, purcellville and myself in my garden.

I have to say, though, that this DJ Short guy does know his stuff too. I'm puffin' on my first sample of the super frosty F13 pheno and it's just straight out amazing. It lost the sourness and picked up a faint berry tone in the drying process and it smells heavenly now. The overall impression is 'fruity' but it's so much deeper than that. It still needs a couple of days of burping and then the curing process will begin - I'm very excited to see what is in store for me.

The other pheno is also pretty good, an excellent upbeat buzz with good potency and strong limey/thai flavors. It's pretty clear which is my keeper, though.

Incidentally, yield on the two was basically identical - about 27g each.

Strainbrain

Veteran
Here's the 3rd F-13, the one which didn't clone and made nanners all over the place anyway. In one sense I'm disappointed, as she has an intense berry-bubblegum smell (think raspberry hubba bubba?) that I really like. As you can see, however, she lacks in a couple of areas:

Strainbrain

Veteran
Just a note on the F-13s, the weird hermie one was thunderously unspectacular to smoke, so no loss there. Shame, though, it has an unbelievable berry smell. Maybe I'll find a better one with similar flavor in the other half of my pack...

#2 ended up curing into a totally textbook F-13 smell. I recognize the thai/citrus notes from my BB x F-13 #3 and also the earthy/leathery notes from the BB x F-13 #4. Clearly that cross was dominated by the F-13 side, which is exactly what purcellville said himself when he saw my plants. Full fuckin' circle. She does smoke really well, excellent energetic and upbeat high.

#1 is just pure amazing. Not only stunning to look at but with a light, sweet berry-tinted floral smell which is almost but not completely unlike #2. She's absolutely potent, a head-check every time I smoke her. Character of the high is different than any of my other F-13/hybrids as well. It's devastatingly heady and not as energetic as some of the others, though it's hardly a couchlock plant. It's really the herb I've been looking for for myself for a long time. It's the plant I hoped for when I bought these seeds. I don't know what else to say. Superb! Keeper.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
f 13 seems to be one of the best herbs for getting crap done while still being very very high,only have had one chance to smoke it and i loved it!!

Strainbrain

Veteran
Man, you gotta dig up some F13 unc. I understand the hype... this is truly great stuff. As it's been curing it's just been getting better and better. Unfortunately the odor is really nonexistant, very subtle. I like some 'character' in my herb, but this one's too good to get all nitpicky with.

As far as flavor goes, this lady's got what I need. This is my likely-keeper from the White Widow x [BB x F-13] test run, which came down this morning:

Strainbrain

Veteran
Thanks, Benji! The keeper Chemchunk I have has revegged and I'm taking clones tomorrow... she's so good. So, so good... :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts