What's new

More Strains than Brains - SB's evolving project.

Strainbrain

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs
Veteran
Yeah, I'm not man enough to drop clones altogether though. My clones are the souvenirs from my travels.

(Somebody has to be the Pot Yoda while he's away, maybe I should get really lit and give it a go.)

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
woah there pilgrim,try for pot obi wan first! LOL gettin cocky thinkin yer goin all degobah over there!!

A

arcticsun

The search is all there is. I don't stop when I find things... I just mark waypoints. :smoke:

I like it :D .. also like to hear your take on the c99... where did you get it from if i may be so bold.. resident seedshop or from another source?

blessings my friend

:tiphat:

Strainbrain

Veteran
allright allright,but post you must,as though yoda were speaking! LOL

A point you have. :confused:

AS, the C99 is Wallyduck's and it came from the 'boo last year. I have another pack left. So far it's been best-used in pollen form. :D

(EDIT: erm, I mean... Another pack we have. Possibilities there are.)

Last edited:

Strainbrain

Veteran
Thanks, RM. I am a proud papa this round for sure. Seems that beginners' luck is still with me in the garden. :smoke:

Strainbrain

Veteran
I would like to take time out to remark that the Mirre gets kind of heavy. :eek::

I'd like her to go another 2 weeks... I hope I can keep some colas around that long. This one's not torn, just bent. I'll splint it and hope the rest hold. They're all tied up as best they can be.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
daum strain that f99 is a fast one huh!!??!!
lookin real good bruh.
peace-T-

Strainbrain

Veteran
You know it, T. 7-8 weeks on at least 3 phenos. A couple others look like they might go 60.

Here's some shots of #3 and #5, day 45. Last one is #5. She still stinks like fruit punch, I'm loving every minute of it. :smoke::

And lastly, a shot of the Mirre. The sideways thing... that's the plant, not the camera angle. She's past 70 now and will come down in a little less than a week. 75 days will have to do, I got things backing up...

Last edited:

Strainbrain

Veteran
Thanks guys! That Mirre is delicious... it's just a nice bonus that she's huge and dense. :smoke:

I'm liking the finishing time much better this round... the seedplant went 80 and could have gone longer but I think it was being set back by the light leak. This one looks like it really could be done in 11 weeks. (Which is Sunday, incidentally.)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
StrainS
Howzit brother..?? Been a minute since ive seen this thread... Where did ya go... Anyhow just peeping the show.. always as usual they are looking good... bbl peace n pufs..

sackO

Strainbrain

Veteran
Hey sackO, it's good in SB land my friend. My absence is a time issue, nothing sinister or tragic. I'm sorry I neglected the thread there for so long. While I didn't have time to post and share I did have time to snap a couple of shots of the F99 and Mirre before they met the scissors.

I'll cover those in a minute, but first the update on all of the projects underway:

1) The F99 pollination was attempted and failed. As expected, the pollen did not survive 10 months in the refrigerator. As I've said before, though, I have another pack of C99 from which to select another daddy - and I will do so at some point. As it is, though, I stand to get a metric asston of sensimilla F now. :D

2) Seeds: So the last round of seeds - all 13 of them - were males. That means no SSSDH girls for this thread, and nothing for my others either. When life hands you males, though... you make seed. Fuck lemonade.

I've cloned one of the SSSDH, the first one had 4" internodes at 12" of height and was so floppy it couldn't support itself even though it was the lightest, wispiest cannabis plant I've ever seen. It stretched like it was fleeing a burning building. It was a pleasure to destroy. The other one, however, had tight structure with even nodes, thick and sturdy stems, beautiful leaves, and better roots. He steadily stretched about 3x in flower, and was growing nice ball clusters when I had to cull him. (I left town, and didn't want to leave that potential disaster in my tent for the plantsitter to deal with.) Assuming his clone takes I'll be tossing him up against the F.

Now... for the pictures. First up is the Mirre. This is how it looked at the end - only one cola was left vertical. The rest creased and folded at the ties used to stake them. I ended up with about 40g from her, which represents my largest single plant yield thus far. (My previous high was a Grape Skunk @ 35g.) I managed to give her 77 days, but I'd say that's the very beginning of the harvest window. This one is not fast at all - I wonder if it's one of the 13 week monsters Karma says are in the line. I'm going to let the next one go as long as necessary, and plan the rest of the tent around her.

Next we have the 'other lemon' F99 pheno. This is the one which smells most like F. It's still more lemon than lime, but it's got more of the thai-ish pungency from the F than did the Fruit Stripe Gum pheno. I would classify those two as the same basic flavor phenotype, however, as they are highly similar. (Especially when dry.) That appears to mean, then, that one of the common phenotypes in this cross is exactly what I had in mind when breeding them. I couldn't be happier. Unfortunately, this one is the lightest-yielding of the 5 (21g) but it was also the strongest smoke pre-cure. Jury is still out, it's not cured up yet. The 'lemon pheno' - both of 'em - only tossed a cosmetic nanner or two. Given the tendencies of the mother, that's phenomenally stable.

And lastly we have F99-5, the Fruit Punch pheno. She stayed Fruit Punch to the end, which delights me. I've yet to smoke her except for a still-damp sample on an already-high head, but I felt her then so she's at least good. She was big - barely fit into one jar - and yielded a full O. I took her 60 days. She has quite the interesting structure, I don't know if it's one I like but the smoke will be the deciding factor as always. She tossed a couple of late inconsequential nanners as well. Again, this is a 90% reduction compared to her mom.

Pheno 4, for those of you scoring at home, did not make it to photos. She was culled a week or so early for being a total nanner-filled mess. I did get a full ounce of smoke from her, heavier and stonier than the lemon pheno but not as strong as the 'odorless' one. She will not be missed.

I'm very glad that only one in 5 of the girls displayed these tendencies. My environment is pretty harsh, and almost all of my plants toss one or two at me by the end. (The F mom in my tent right now makes 5-10 a day, though as always they are sterile.)

To see that 4 of the 5 phenos were so well 'cleaned up' by the C99 influence while still exhibiting what I would consider F dominance... is really pretty heartening.

Last edited:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow,that mirre is crazy!! F99-5 is a real looker,the structure of the buds is lovely,and the color outstanding,it will be interesting to see how she smokes,I assume you have cuts,do you think when you look for a new c99 male,you might do some backcrossing,or are you pretty happy with things at the F1 stage?

Latest posts

Latest posts