What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto does not own General Hydroponics or Botanicare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
OJ was a major disappointment to me. I drank Tropicana FCOJ for years before I learned how it was made. Only fresh-squeezed, now.

Take a look at "All Natural 100% Honey" sometime. et tu Brutus. LOL

One thing I have learned.... the front of the package is all lies. Most of the back is very deceiving.

It's not easy to be healthy these days. Gotta read read read. I buy whole wheat and grind it myself (Vitamix) and make my own flour to make my own bread. And, still, the wheat I buy is probably contaminated in a million ways. LOL

On the other side of the coin, some years ago I lived on almost nothing but Slim Fast and Corona for 8 months. LMAO

What doesn't kill you.... makes you stronger. LOL

Gry

Veteran
Not to be an apologist here for any party, because I'm not, and having had a family member that died of agent orange, its hard for me to blame the makers of a product when its the buyers on the other end, the users, who willfully and wrongfully use a product (ie. a dangerous chemical agent used as an herbicide), and because of this the environment is toxified and people are harmed and killed.e
This happens all the time.. People wrongly use a product and it's a crime. It's an even bigger crime today and even more regulated world (pesticide, herbicide, etc. products) today than ever due to regulations. Its probably a very good thing too these are concentrated chemicals, even natural ones you can or will buy off the shelf for home use.

Remember you don't want to get bleach on you. And you spray it on things yeahhh it'll kill them.

Another fact here, is that this kind of stuff happened in what we could call "the fast and loose times"... You think spraying chems on civilians and our own troops is anything out of the ordinary during those days??? We sprayed EVERYTHING from toxicants and fumigants to straight up chemical incendiaries on children, ie. napalm.. Christ, how many years before this did THEY... whoever the fuck THEY are, just killed Kennedy... IF you believe that. And not too long before, the 1700s, 1800s, 1900s and the experimentations that went on and happened to get to where we are with what we know today???

Unless you've actually read some of the literature, which is frankly horrific beyond any imagination and beyond even human centipede levels of unbelievable depravity, which I have, you really have no idea.

Agent orange is fucking nothing. Thats foreplay.

When it comes to round up, the literature is pretty clear on this and EPA along with other independent agencies have been on this from day one... AND from day one, it's passed all safety tests and evaluations AND continues to pass such evaluations year after year. Why is that, in spite of all the attacks and hate??? You think you aren't the only hater???

You think there aren't greenie eco nut PhD scientists who don't care about facts they will bias their studies to try and prove their eco nut ideas?? Dude they do that ALL the time and every time 2 things happen:
1, there are no studies that come out that show round up is anything the haters claim it is.
2. whenever haters come out with such a study, it's found to be FRAUDULENT... That's not fucking good for the side of the haters you know??? Hating is one thing, hating and then crying wolf because of your hate.... Well, thats. .. Yeah.

this man.

Thank you for your most kind and thoughtful response.
You are an articulate individual, and you have covered a lot of territory.

Are you saying that you find the corruption so prevalent, with deeply seated roots, that resistance is futile ?
A little further down you state twice that you feel like the integrity behind the testing is unimpeachable.
I sure do wish that I could agree with you on that even once.
At the outset of your post you speak of frequent criminality and then go on to say it would be difficult to hold those responsible to account because
it happens all the time.
That sounded like a description of regulatory capture to me.
It would seem we have a similar interest which I will respond to separately.

Gry

Veteran
OJ was a major disappointment to me. I drank Tropicana FCOJ for years before I learned how it was made. Only fresh-squeezed, now.

Take a look at "All Natural 100% Honey" sometime. et tu Brutus. LOL

One thing I have learned.... the front of the package is all lies. Most of the back is very deceiving.

It's not easy to be healthy these days. Gotta read read read. I buy whole wheat and grind it myself (Vitamix) and make my own flour to make my own bread. And, still, the wheat I buy is probably contaminated in a million ways. LOL

On the other side of the coin, some years ago I lived on almost nothing but Slim Fast and Corona for 8 months. LMAO

What doesn't kill you.... makes you stronger. LOL

Can recall having read that apples are one of the more heavily treated crops.
I no longer drink apple juice, and it hurt giving up apple butter which I used to dearly love.

Like the title says, Monsanto does not own General Hydroponics or Botanicare.
I keep seeing it on the forums and I thought the misinformation needed to be addressed.
Scotts owns General Hydroponics and Botanicare.
Scotts has a distribution deal with Monsanto for Round Up.
Scotts does not own Monsanto. Monsanto does not own Scotts. Scotts does not own Round Up.
Monsanto is a separate company that has nothing to do with General Hydroponics and Botanicare.
I'm not sure why that is difficult for people to grasp.
:tiphat:
But but but FEAR!
But but but PARANOIA!
But but but GMO!

Lol nailed it.

different

For anyone with an irrational fear of produce:

A 2011 study by two food scientists from the University of California, Davis found that swapping organics for conventional produce wouldn't make people any healthier.

The study, published in the Journal of Toxicology, also stated: "Our findings do not indicate that substituting organic forms of the 'Dirty Dozen' commodities for conventional forms will lead to any measurable consumer health benefit."

Do some research. OP has no clue wtf he is sayin.

I did!

Monsanto does not own GH or Botanicare. True!

Scotts owns GH and Botanicare. True!

Scotts has a distribution deal with Monsanto for RoundUp. True!

Scotts does not own Monsanto. True!

Monsanto does not own Scotts. True!

Monsanto has nothing to do with GH or Botanicare. True!

Check the company's shareholder/financial reports :).

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Well they should probably break those ties if they want to remain a respected company. As far as I am concerned they are all the same. They brag about being pals on each others websites.

Do some research. OP has no clue wtf he is sayin.
General Hydro is owned by David Tuttleman, who is a partner with Scotts. I know this cause my friend babysits for him, and my other friend was offered a job to run his MatrixMMJ (also owned by General Hydro) and he declined because General Hydro grows are shit

General Hydro is owned by David Tuttleman, who is a partner with Scotts. I know this cause my friend babysits for him, and my other friend was offered a job to run his MatrixMMJ (also owned by General Hydro) and he declined because General Hydro grows are shit
This is exactly how bullshit is perpetuated.

Cannabologist

Veteran
Pre regulated organic. Primitive technololgy. The word organic has been damaged and not the un educated half can pick it apart. I am talking about actual earth friendly practices that are sustainable and encourge microbe and fungal life.

Very aggrevating conversation when knowbody even knows what they are talking about. Sheesh
You mean like yourself?? Is this going to devolve into an "organic vs conventional" debate again??

ANSWER US.... WHAT THE FUCK IS "nitrogen" ANYWAY and how and in what form(s) do plants uptake it??

Is SULFUR, ahem, "organic", and "earth friendly"??????

Microbe and fungal life is a very broad thing... And plants DON'T eat microbes and fungi, THEY EAT FERTILIZER AND CO2.

Those microbes and fungi do... well, pretty much NADA.. ZILCH.. you need them for growing like you need a hole in your head. Very verrrrry little. K?
If youre gonna actually use microbes, use ones specifically found to work for cannabis to increase yield, such as mammoth. Most microbes actually cause cannabis to uptake more detrimental heavy metals though fyi... Most people don't know that, ie. glomus species and so on. WHY do we need that when cannabis is already a heavy accumulator of metals and will uptake luxury elements?.... You don't! That's the answer! yay!

If you think you need microbes or fungus or anything to grow amazing plants tell that to every rockwool grower who grows better than you, with less heavy metals content, less dangerous microbes and fungi, and less potential for them, and less pests overall, less pesticides, etc., etc... no need for SHIT, putting dangerous SHIT on your plants, that has to be treated with chlorine and other CHEMICALS.. lol... to break down so it is usable in the first place..

UGHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh f f ff f f f f f fff f f

s
s
f'n S

dot dot dot

"Organic" is a multi-billion dollar marketing term. ALL soil is LIVING and ALIVE, that's kinda what makes it "soil" versus "dirt" but then again this is semantic... Many soils are alive and great for the plants that grow on them, and will kill the ones we cultivate...

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS
"true living soil" you f'n freak hippy morons... making up words and phrases and thinking you invented or discovered some new, or old thing, shows how little basic education you've had. Particularly any soil science. Christ almighty.
:tiphat:

Cannabologist

Veteran
I forgot that part. General hydro nute grow bland flavorless weed. 100% fact.
WHAT.

DA

F?????????????

Just stfu already.

You've Literally grown ZERO plants... Using ZERO methodologies. ZERO.. None. NONE.

FUCKING NONE.

Christ almighty.:laughing::comfort:

You have more posts than me, and you've never grown a plant. You don't know how plant bio works. You think fertilizer will magically make your weed not taste like it will taste.

dot dot dot

Like... I'm DEFINITELY not alone in knowing FOR A FACT youve never grown A plant. You probably ARE a plant. omg.

Last edited:

troutman

Seed Whore
ANSWER US.... WHAT THE FUCK IS "nitrogen" ANYWAY and how and in what form(s) do plants uptake it??

Is SULFUR, "organic" and "earth friendly"??????

Nitrogen is a gas at most temperatures and plants can either take it in nitrate or the ammonia/ammonium form which are pH dependent.

Sulfur is inorganic, but can be present in organic compounds like some amino acids.

Cannabologist

Veteran
More labelling errors put in place by coorperations seeking an organic label. Instead of improving their farm and actually growing with true old school organic earth friendly practices. They have the regulations changes.

Do you not get it or do you work for them?
How do you make the SHIT you get from your animals to use as FERTILIZER on your plants IF you do not first treat it with a chemical disinfectant such as chlorine???

ROFL>.. Do you wait 40 or 70 or 100 years for the shit to break down to be usable??? I mean come on. We know you're pretty much full of shit... You're talking to REAL farmers and agro experts and plant biologists here :thank you::moon:

Cannabologist

Veteran
Why else does Tropicana Orange Juice taste and look the same from bottle to bottle. Oranges from all over the world (where Tropicana gets them) are not all the same flavor and color. Believe it or not, it is the perfume companies that develop and make most of these proprietary blends for food companies
As far as I am aware, as this is how it works for MOST of the foods we eat... DERP it's BECAUSE THEY ARE GROWING CLONES you doink... lol rofl "perfumes".... Do they perfume all the bananas grown all over the world too???? What about red delicious apples? No they all taste and smell the same because they are specially bred and licensed clones farmers grow for these companies, regardless of WHERE they are grown.. which is all over..> This is the same for coffee, apples, jesus the list just goes on forever.

They don't just round up any oranges they can find, from tangerines to fuck, idk oranges, those little ones. Lol They aren't mish mashing oranges guy. The product would NEVER be consistent no matter how much sugar and flavorings were added in after. I dont even have to google check this it's so pretty obvious and Ive never heard of a company doing what you describe - for starters it would NOT be economically viable, or likely feasible to do logistically, and then again an inconsistent product, and theres a lot of other legalities I can imagine would prevent this... You just wouldn't do that as a company, even though some website might say they do. A lotta websites say alot of wrong things, so...

Most of the stuff you eat is clones. Its grown, bred clones. Clones of clones of clones. How do you think all that stuff is the same?? It has to come from well inbred cultivars, ie. clones, select F1 hybrids where we know the outcome and its always consistent, or again, clones.

They are all the same because they are clones, they taste and smell the same regardless of the area they are grown in. You would never notice micro differences in flavor that such environments can bring out especially once a product like juice is homogenized. The micro differences I am talking about are the differences you'd see in a batch of bananas or strawberries you get. You eat one and hmm thats good, but hm you ate the one next to it it's just slightly, slightly ever so sweeter or bitter. This is just micro environment, ie. grower error or just the plant for whatever reason, its the same as you will have 2 clones side by side pretty much the same 95-98% but not all the same. Its why we get an average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts