What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Monsanto does not own General Hydroponics or Botanicare

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
My wifes sisters once said exercise is not good for her because it hurts. Period. She does not exercise.

Pills though. They do not hurt. She would love to share her pills.

She also does not believe in organic or sustainable.

She just cannot figure out why she is always sick. Poor her.

Totally pisses her off to talk about health, vegetables or anything related to self improvememt.

We do not agree on politics either for some reason.

I FEEL GOOD!

beta

Veteran
ok, believe what you may. I so believe in terroir. There are things we do not control, population of indigenous microbes and bacteria, all play different roles in the uptaking and the breaking down of nutrients. Just some hippie freak moron shit. I also believe I am done contributing to this thread!

Beliefs shouldn't be based on what you want to be true, they should be based on evidence. There is no good evidence supporting the idea that terroir is a thing. If it were a thing, it would be easy to prove with scientific research.

troutman

Seed Whore
:D anyone knows something about a fairytale.. how to grow in space ?

Nasa grew plants in space.

I wonder how much this Space Weed setup costs and if I can get it at Home Depot?
laughing.gif

I get a feeling that you end up on a watch list if you try to order Space Weed Grow gear. :laughing:

nasanasa_3403125b.jpg

ic

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
hehehehe it is called rotogrow
and can be used in the space _)
it was designed by the evil founders of gh, along with the flora series or one part fertilizer
names like Wiliam Texier ? now he runs ghe in europe..

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
GH has by all mean done amazing things for the future of indoor farming. I do not think anyone said they were evil. They simply fall under the umbrella of some very questionable companies. Guilty by association. This is how you teach companies you care where your money goes. You tell everyone that uses their products to please reconsider.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
in my translation, those who are selling products that gives you bad results without required properties as you described tasteless weed or what, all the same .. than it is evil to rip off people with something that has no value of growing medicinal quality.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
in my translation, those who are selling products that gives you bad results without required properties as you described tasteless weed or what, all the same .. than it is evil to rip off people with something that has no value of growing medicinal quality.

In their defense I have never heard them claim any of their products are intended for cannabis. In fact a few years ago I was at the General Organics booth at a festival and they seems upset with my trying to get them high and discuss yummy ganja. Lol. I was probably tripping and having a good time.

I would assume much of the hydroponic produce is grown with GH product. Mmm......cucumbers, tomatoes and peppers that all taste like water. Maybe they are the more nutritious. ROFLMAO

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
not really, they know exactly who buys it, and for what, there are lots of quality nutrient company way cheaper and at least as good.. for example yara... professional hydroponic tomato grower getting their clones from a licensed company with its clones and system

Rondon

hehehehe it is called rotogrow
and can be used in the space _)
it was designed by the evil founders of gh, along with the flora series or one part fertilizer
names like Wiliam Texier ? now he runs ghe in europe..

Cal Hermann and founder Larry Brooke formulated the original 3 part Flora plant nutrient system. That 3 part was one of the first liquid fertilizers dope growers used (along with Eco dry powder - all West Coast) to crank out indoor cannabis. Along with the General Hydropnics Original Aquafarm bucket modular system...these 2 products put Brooke and company on the map very early on. William Texier got GH in Europe rolling years later. But I hear ya.

Cannabologist

Veteran
btw what is the connection spaceships and gh ?
I work for the government (the real one) we're growing weed on one of their new but super secret space stations I brought some Space Weed clones back from the beehive yesterday good trip on our new reconnaissance bomber.

We use GH nutes. I mean comeon why fuck around we're growing Space Weed in space!!!:woohoo:

Cannabologist

Veteran
This post is dumb. Really fucking ignorant. I would love to share a more acurate version of my feelings but would likely get myself banned.
Ppppppppppppft I don't mind free country here!!!

Come on give me a whole f'n in the B! Ah screwing in the A! Comeon push my S in!!!!

I WANT YOU PUSH MY S IN!!!! DO IT!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Put it in my f'n mouth you dirty s licker. mmmMMmm

dot dot dot

None of that is for you. Its for the mods who won't let me swear anymore and who gave me a tap on the behind for being a very bad kitty.

I deserved it too. F'n jerks :biggrin:

See>>??? Wait what was my point?? Oh I nvm i'm terrible ignore me.

Either you have no idea what you are talking about. Or you are intentionally trying to make others dumb because it hurts your feelings.

I'm pretty sure everything I say is 100% fact as far as I know it and can attest to it, and I am sure I am 100% right cause well, that's the thing about facts.

I mean... Are they coming to you?
I doubt it.

Listen. I am i support of sustainable farming. Is it perfect. No.

MMmm.. No.. NO ... LOL rofl.. It is NOT perfect. WTF??? Are you high?? Are you Amish? Like.......... Are you fucking high????????

Are you Amish?? Like............ . ... *SIGH*

Do most synthetic techniques cause damage. Yes. Either through mining or just runofff. None of this can be disputed.

Do organic techniques cause damage YES through mining AND runoff YES YES YES. Runoff is a problem regardless and REAL farms using conventional methods won't have runoff problems because they are not applying what they don't need and are using ALL the best practices you doof... Conventional farms just don't stop using compost or stop using everything we know about farming, you really don't know how nutrients are mined (generally speaking ORGANIC nutrients like potash are mined SYNTHETIC nutrients are made CLEAN AND in an ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY LAB you wack job.) Jesus christ this guy!

THIS IS FUCKING STUPID AND BORING AND 101 HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL ACADEMIC YOU ARE BORING AND DUMB PLEASE....

PLEASE... IF you're gonna challenge me... CHALLENGE ME.. like. srs kid. Stop. just. ugh.

It is not all black and white. Quit sounding ignorant. Yes. The word organic is broken. A marketing ploy now instead of a concept...

Ruined by people like you.

DERRRRR OKAY. fucking retard.

For the record..... i can grow great weed using worm shit from my food scraps. Bio char. Bokashi. Teas from herbs and sprouts . Several very sustainable way to not support monsanto or any of their inbred cousins.
rofl OKAY no one cares you grow crappy tasteless calcium deficient pot foxtaily no beaf no smell no trichs airy and lalala.

Go away an grow some totally average herb with your GH. Lol. Crap.
rofl OKAY
:shooty::jerkit:
you're too short a message message prompt for a longer message thats what she said

Cannabologist

Veteran
There are things we do not control, population of indigenous microbes and bacteria, BUT!! WE actually CAN control all those things..> Those populations...

all play different roles in the uptaking and the breaking down of nutrients.

SURE! But in what VOLUMES...... Microbes may have effects but it's TINY, super duper tiny in your pots, and really their effects relate to vast fields and large scale ecosystems, all those breakdown processes, happen in large fields of vast fungal mats as it were, a living ecosystem comprising of everything that that soil is and may be, including humus and many other kinds of organic matter that has been decaying for perhaps hundreds or thousands of years... THATS NOT HAPPENING IN YOUR POT INDOORS MAN!... AND...!!!, BUT it is not a one way street with microbes either, they are not just breaking down nutrients, they are eating them too, there are bad microbial populations, and

and and... Beyond mammoth P and others I could think of that are truly beneficial and worth adding AND have good data to back it up truth be told most microbes are not useful for cannabis growing and that is what I would say data on those microbes shows. Microbes that may enhance photosynthesis, be immune boosting, or have pest prevention properties are excellent to add but having read much of the literature I have on cannabis and heavy metals, and cannabis and microbes and populations of microbes supposedly great for use with cannabis, my opinion is not only are they unneeded but they will cause unnecessary uptake and accumulation of metals we do not want in the plant that would otherwise not be taken up, especially if we're going to smoke it.... And they are not increasing uptake of nutrients we want, like N or K or having immune boosting properties for the plant or something like that. So I would thus describe that as not only perhaps unnecessary but detrimental. This is for anyone to make their own call on of course who am I to say I am just a plant biologist
burr

G

Gr33nSanta

SURE! But in what VOLUMES...... Microbes may have effects but it's TINY, super duper tiny in your pots, and really their effects relate to vast fields and large scale ecosystems, all those breakdown processes, happen in large fields of vast fungal mats as it were, a living ecosystem comprising of everything that that soil is and may be, including humus and many other kinds of organic matter that has been decaying for perhaps hundreds or thousands of years... THATS NOT HAPPENING IN YOUR POT INDOORS MAN!... AND...!!!, BUT it is not a one way street with microbes either, they are not just breaking down nutrients, they are eating them too, there are bad microbial populations, and

and and... Beyond mammoth P and others I could think of that are truly beneficial and worth adding AND have good data to back it up truth be told most microbes are not useful for cannabis growing and that is what I would say data on those microbes shows. Microbes that may enhance photosynthesis, be immune boosting, or have pest prevention properties are excellent to add but having read much of the literature I have on cannabis and heavy metals, and cannabis and microbes and populations of microbes supposedly great for use with cannabis, my opinion is not only are they unneeded but they will cause unnecessary uptake and accumulation of metals we do not want in the plant that would otherwise not be taken up, especially if we're going to smoke it.... And they are not increasing uptake of nutrients we want, like N or K or having immune boosting properties for the plant or something like that. So I would thus describe that as not only perhaps unnecessary but detrimental. This is for anyone to make their own call on of course who am I to say I am just a plant biologist
burr
I would appreciate if you could edit your post because as it is you are putting words in my mouth. I re-quoted your post properly above.

First you say microbes and bacteria do nada, but mammoth P works?

I said I was done here but your mis quote and non sense are frustrating. You have no idea how I grow, the soil I have in my pot comes from a vast field full of humus, fungi, indigenous microbes and bacteria, etc ....

Stop assuming stuff.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
... naturally all have its place in the circle, and the time to develop. but in a closed system, quite big difference to wait to those processes, and play roulette to let the most active fungus or bacteria colonize your substrate, or organic hydro .. or you are adding the selected culture and use it like trichoderma or whatever beneficial thing do you use...

https://patents.google.com/patent/US9868675B2/en

I would appreciate if you could edit your post because as it is you are putting words in my mouth. I re-quoted your post properly above.

First you say microbes and bacteria do nada, but mammoth P works?

I said I was done here but your mis quote and non sense are frustrating. You have no idea how I grow, the soil I have in my pot comes from a vast field full of humus, fungi, indigenous microbes and bacteria, etc ....

Stop assuming stuff.

Ok, well Mammoth P is a unique brand of microbes that are only matched by microbial communities found in forest soils. A lot of microbes are not evolved for living in pots or starting the soil microbial community process. You can't just get some random amount of bacteria and not know what they are or how they evolved to live and throw them in a pot and hope they work.

with that being said...

There are way more products that simply mammoth p that contain active microbial communities at high enough concentrations to facility breakdown of organic matter quickly. Bio5. I definitely recommend this product. In the rain forest all organic matter breaks down within a year, most of the time faster, due to microbes and enzymes. I'm not saying anyone can get a rain forest environment in a tent or greenhouse, but shit you can get fairly good decomposition rates. I've had old root balls gone after 2-3 cycles.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i do agree thats its quite rude to misquote people or add words to their quotes they didnt say. it's way too confusing and misrepresents the situation. you are supposed to put your reply outside the quotes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.