What's new

MntBudz "Bringing the Mountains Inside"

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Looks like things are going to get super crowded in the holler! (Oh Shit!). Which I already knew they would.

Tonight I have been watering the ones that are thirsty and seems like they are really beginning to take off even much better than last night. I know the next couple weeks, I am going to have my hands full with watering, trimming and training as well. I try to alternate watering each tent on different days as it takes me a good 2-3 hours to water precisely and train as I go and doing both in one night would be a fuckin wreck!

Do you guys think I should start removing or (trimming back) some fan leaves as I go? I know i'm better off to twist, bend and tuck leaves to reduce stress and to allow more lumens to the undergrowth and terminals being blocked by the leaves, but they are really starting to "grow into each other now".

Or should I wait until say', mid flower to do so? To light defoliation or to not???

I have already had to place objects beneath a couple to maintain canopy height but that is not really a problem to me. Just saying, things are really starting to lift off!

Last couple rounds I have been taking large fans that block budsites, during the first couple weeks. Not many, like 2-3 per plant like every other day. Then at the end of week 2, I strip the bottoms bare. Then at about the end of week 5, I start to do a pretty heavy defoliation. Seems to be working pretty good for me.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Howdy! Long time no see, no report, no pics... Unfortunately I have had a few security issues over the past month or so, i've sort of been on the DL. Anyway, thinking I might have a chance to update with some pictures tonight! Hopefully...

Today makes day 16 of 12/12 and things have been moving smoothly, nicely, lots of stretching and buddage going on atm. I really hope I get to update tonight at lights on with pics... The only problem I have ran into pertaining to the plants is that 3 of my ECSDH plants have shown a few balls down on the lower part of the plants. One was completely destroyed and the other two I just cut and removed the balls for now. I hear this is pretty common with ECSD or chem/diesels in general. So far, since removed I have not seen anymore balls! :dance013:

Anyway, last night I had some shit happen. Was vacuuming the buddies house (had been running the vacuum for a long period) and the breaker flipped. First thing popped into my head was to run and check the tents..... and, good thing I did, because the light was on that same breaker!!! We did not know this, but now we know. Just flipped the breaker back on and all is good. Not using that outlet anymore lol... Do you all think that this disturbance of lights out would cause any hermie issues? It was only out for maybe 2 minutes max, the tent next to it did not get flipped (different circuits) and both tents were open so a little (not much) light was still in the shadows of the tent #1...

Something else bothering me, I just remembered today that it had to of fucked with the timer as well, just got back from visiting them and it did set it back... We were already having problems with "synchronizing" the timers to kick on at the exact same time since the tents are side by side and the light shines through its neighbors vents in the sides. There is maybe a 1 to 2 minute delay, tent #1 kicks on at 7:30pm and tent #2 kicks on a couple minutes after... Will this be a problem? These are the timers with the dials and it is really hard to get them to work precisely together to kick on and off at the exact same time... And as you know, it is not an issue you can just sit around and play with due to stressing the girls... Hopefully it won't matter much.

I am going to try and stop back by tonight and do some pic updates!

:tiphat:

mfdoo0mm

Howdy! Long time no see, no report, no pics... Unfortunately I have had a few security issues over the past month or so, i've sort of been on the DL. Anyway, thinking I might have a chance to update with some pictures tonight! Hopefully...

Today makes day 16 of 12/12 and things have been moving smoothly, nicely, lots of stretching and buddage going on atm. I really hope I get to update tonight at lights on with pics... The only problem I have ran into pertaining to the plants is that 3 of my ECSDH plants have shown a few balls down on the lower part of the plants. One was completely destroyed and the other two I just cut and removed the balls for now. I hear this is pretty common with ECSD or chem/diesels in general. So far, since removed I have not seen anymore balls! :dance013:

Anyway, last night I had some shit happen. Was vacuuming the buddies house (had been running the vacuum for a long period) and the breaker flipped. First thing popped into my head was to run and check the tents..... and, good thing I did, because the light was on that same breaker!!! We did not know this, but now we know. Just flipped the breaker back on and all is good. Not using that outlet anymore lol... Do you all think that this disturbance of lights out would cause any hermie issues? It was only out for maybe 2 minutes max, the tent next to it did not get flipped (different circuits) and both tents were open so a little (not much) light was still in the shadows of the tent #1...

Something else bothering me, I just remembered today that it had to of fucked with the timer as well, just got back from visiting them and it did set it back... We were already having problems with "synchronizing" the timers to kick on at the exact same time since the tents are side by side and the light shines through its neighbors vents in the sides. There is maybe a 1 to 2 minute delay, tent #1 kicks on at 7:30pm and tent #2 kicks on a couple minutes after... Will this be a problem? These are the timers with the dials and it is really hard to get them to work precisely together to kick on and off at the exact same time... And as you know, it is not an issue you can just sit around and play with due to stressing the girls... Hopefully it won't matter much.

I am going to try and stop back by tonight and do some pic updates!

:tiphat:

Depends, if they are feminized seeds I would do everything I can to absolutely minimize any light leaks. No point in taking risks.

If they are from clone and are stable, you are probably OK.

Seems like you got a lot invested in this. Don't let it get to your head, stay clear. Minimize what you can (because it should be done anyway, right? :p) and keep growin'!!

MountainBudz

Day 20 12/12:

Well I finally got a chance to get some pics last night, some in the HPS lighting and some as soon as the lights went out... So far I have culled two hermies, sadly... But it is ok because really it opened up a lot of room for the landrace sativas to do there thing lol. Maybe it was to my advantage! The two hermies were one of the ECSDH's and a DP Power Plant...

I do have a bit of nitrogen deficiency going on and slight under feeding issues but nothing too worrisome... I'm going to double up on my nutrients after contacting Advanced Nutrients and talking to them about the situation. They are telling me the slight discoloring and burnt looking tips are due to under feeding, so instead of a quarter to half strength i'm going to up the feeding to 3/4 to full strength...

I will get a few more pics in a couple of days the canopies look much better now after visiting them tonight. I placed some plastic containers under the less sativa dominant hybrids to even them out with the sativa's and it worked very very well...

The first pics are of the 1000 watt tent and the second is the 600 watt, let me know how you think they are coming along for 20 days from switching to 12/12... I need more individual pics because the buds are stacking much better than they appear in the pictures... Enjoy!!! :tiphat:

1000 Watt Tent:

DSCN3678.jpg
DSCN3680.jpg
DSCN3681.jpg
DSCN3682.jpg

600 Watt Tent:

DSCN3684.jpg
DSCN3679.jpg

MountainBudz

A couple of things that I forgot to note.... The leaves are shiny/whitish looking to to a light epsom salt foilar shower before pics were taken... I also forgot to note that I did find one ball growing below the canopy of the Cinderella 99 and just cut it off... I looked for more but could not find any so maybe she well be okay. I really hope she doesn't turn on me, shes the very intense smelling pineapple pheno that i've always wanted... Fingers crossed!

MountainBudz

How are they looking guys? Those sativas are really stretchy but ive ran almost pure sativa before and early in flower you think that their not going to produce anything due to the lanky stretch, but man do they fill in! That was the case in the past with Killing Fields and Super Lemon Haze anyways...

MountainBudz

I am just curious and wondering, since I have been under feeding for some time now and they are already on day 21 of flower, if I double up on the nutes and push them if it will help increase flower production this far into flowering... I am worrying myself, thinking that i'm not going to get good bud production or filled in enough... yes the shorter plants are filled in very nicely but the stretchier sativa dom plants do not look filled in enough in my own opinion. I am going to double up on the sensi a&b nutes next feeding and probably hit them with some beastie bloomz high P-K and start with the new gravity replacement G-10... It seems in the past about day 20 to 30 I have always frowned upon the bud size etc, then once day 40 plus starts rolling around things fill in nicely and I feel stupid for worrying myself over it lol...

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Day 20 12/12:

Well I finally got a chance to get some pics last night, some in the HPS lighting and some as soon as the lights went out... So far I have culled two hermies, sadly... But it is ok because really it opened up a lot of room for the landrace sativas to do there thing lol. Maybe it was to my advantage! The two hermies were one of the ECSDH's and a DP Power Plant...

I do have a bit of nitrogen deficiency going on and slight under feeding issues but nothing too worrisome... I'm going to double up on my nutrients after contacting Advanced Nutrients and talking to them about the situation. They are telling me the slight discoloring and burnt looking tips are due to under feeding, so instead of a quarter to half strength i'm going to up the feeding to 3/4 to full strength...

I will get a few more pics in a couple of days the canopies look much better now after visiting them tonight. I placed some plastic containers under the less sativa dominant hybrids to even them out with the sativa's and it worked very very well...

The first pics are of the 1000 watt tent and the second is the 600 watt, let me know how you think they are coming along for 20 days from switching to 12/12... I need more individual pics because the buds are stacking much better than they appear in the pictures... Enjoy!!! :tiphat:

1000 Watt Tent:

View attachment 350361
View attachment 350362
View attachment 350363
View attachment 350364

600 Watt Tent:

View attachment 350365
View attachment 350366

Both tent's look good man. Nice job with the canopy management. I know the struggle all too well, of trying to keep an even conopy with multiple strains, and some almost near pure sativa's.

Is it me though, or do they seem a little light green? I know pics can be deceiving , cause some of my pics look light green, and in person, they aren't that light green. Looking real good for only 20 days in my man.

MountainBudz

Both tent's look good man. Nice job with the canopy management. I know the struggle all too well, of trying to keep an even conopy with multiple strains, and some almost near pure sativa's.

Is it me though, or do they seem a little light green? I know pics can be deceiving , cause some of my pics look light green, and in person, they aren't that light green. Looking real good for only 20 days in my man.

Thanks bro and thanks to everyone else whom has commented on them :). Yeah they are not as light green probably as they look in the pics due to the flash, but yes... too light green for my liking's... is this due to under feeding? A bunch are exhibiting signs of nitrogen deficiency on the bottoms, I figure the next feedings I am going to double up on the nutes... I doubled up to full strength on the blue dream night before last and the buds got fatter and plant looked better over night. I contacted AN and they said the signs i'm seeing on the plants losing color and having new growth with burnt tips were due to under feeding and that if the plant is 15 inches tall plus the they definitely needed full strength feeds... Hopefully that will fix it, if not I will get out the jacks classic bloom booster and give them a good foilar feeding to maybe darken them up....

I wish I had not of been so easy on the nutes this go around, but being new to AN and over feeding/burning in the past, I wanted to be safer this go around and I have been feeding them very lightly...

Hope they fill in nice and heavy, HSO blue dream looks to be one hell of a yielder!

MBz.... :tiphat:

MountainBudz

Oh, speaking of canopy... I will post a new pic I got last night of the canopy in the 1000 watt tent that I leveled out with plastic pots beneath the fabric containers.... it is a pain but, but a better yield is worth it!

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Thanks bro and thanks to everyone else whom has commented on them :). Yeah they are not as light green probably as they look in the pics due to the flash, but yes... too light green for my liking's... is this due to under feeding? A bunch are exhibiting signs of nitrogen deficiency on the bottoms, I figure the next feedings I am going to double up on the nutes... I doubled up to full strength on the blue dream night before last and the buds got fatter and plant looked better over night. I contacted AN and they said the signs i'm seeing on the plants losing color and having new growth with burnt tips were due to under feeding and that if the plant is 15 inches tall plus the they definitely needed full strength feeds... Hopefully that will fix it, if not I will get out the jacks classic bloom booster and give them a good foilar feeding to maybe darken them up....

I wish I had not of been so easy on the nutes this go around, but being new to AN and over feeding/burning in the past, I wanted to be safer this go around and I have been feeding them very lightly...

Hope they fill in nice and heavy, HSO blue dream looks to be one hell of a yielder!

MBz.... :tiphat:

You are dead on the money about being better to underfeed, rather than overfeed . You can always bump the food up, but it's not quite as easy to get it out, once it goes in.

Do you check your PH? If so, have you calibrated your pen lately? That would be the first thing I checked if I was getting light colors, and burnt tips. Actually it was the first thing I did, when I was experiencing a similar problem.

MountainBudz

Nah man I don't have a ph pen nor can I afford to get one right now lol, the sad truth but its true... I know next round I will definitely have one... I have been using tap water to feed and water, have not been letting it sit to gas off because supposedly chloramine does not evaporate out as chlorine once did before they replaced it with the chloramine.

What would you do without a ph pen? I did run a couple tests on the tap water I use with ph strips in beginning of flower andbit tested somewhere around 7 to 7 1/2... but I thought AN ph perfect brought it down between 5-6 no matter what? Somewhere along those lines....

If you were me and did not have a ph pen would you just flush or what? Hope the grow doesn't go downhill at this point....

MountainBudz

I have noticed that all of my ecsdh and sssdh are very dark green like evergreens even has that pine tree look if you know what I mean lol and all and every single other strain is experiencing this pale green color.... I find that strange.

MountainBudz

One more thing that had crossed my mind with this ph thing is that since I have only been feeding quarter to half strength nutes of ph perfect, maybe I am not getting the full benefits of the "ph perfect technology" at such diluted rates... it calls for 4ml per liter of water... i had been feeding 4ml to 6ml per 3.79 liters of water... Whatcha think??? Pretty weak you think? Could have a culprit....

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Nah man I don't have a ph pen nor can I afford to get one right now lol, the sad truth but its true... I know next round I will definitely have one... I have been using tap water to feed and water, have not been letting it sit to gas off because supposedly chloramine does not evaporate out as chlorine once did before they replaced it with the chloramine.

What would you do without a ph pen? I did run a couple tests on the tap water I use with ph strips in beginning of flower andbit tested somewhere around 7 to 7 1/2... but I thought AN ph perfect brought it down between 5-6 no matter what? Somewhere along those lines....

If you were me and did not have a ph pen would you just flush or what? Hope the grow doesn't go downhill at this point....

I would do the same, litmus paper tests, with the little container for the water and solution. I had to go once for a week without a pen, and that's what I did.

Now I would prolly be fine without anything. I know my water, and know the ph down I use. I can eyeball how much ph down for almost any amount of water and bring it within .1-.2 of where I want it to be. I use the pen, just in case of some sudden change in the alkalinity of the water, or when heavy rainfall changes what it normally reads.