What's new

MntBudz "Bringing the Mountains Inside"

mtntrogger

Veteran
Okay....

Just checked more than half of the plants, all leaves from old growth to new, tops and bottoms of leaves. I used a 60x-100x scope and used both 60x and 100x and seen nothing but little trichomes everywhere. No mites. So i'm pretty excited about that.

So now what? Can't check the pH because I don't have a pH pen. Have never checked the pH of any plant, soil or water in my 15 years of growing lol. Maybe its time I need one?

I dont have a pen, I use the old tried and true cheap ph meters that are sold everywhere. Probe the soil when wet in few different places. Often overlooked. Did so myslef on my last grow....was surprised to find my ph wayyyy off ! Stoked you didnt see any mites, however those in the know say that with broads ,you often wont see the mites at all, BUT you will easily spot the eggs on the undersides, long before you can spot a mite the eggs will be there. And yes they can and others have posted about this, live or stay dormant in a room with no food for over 6 months ! I have heard heat treatments work, havent done any serious experiments to test personally, but many on here attest to it. I got em sometime this past summer (I think) shut down over 2 months ago. Tossed tents and pots. Just bought a lil veg tent to get restarted, BUT not til I get some nasty chems on the shelf. If they come back I will be ready. They have done this to many others on here. These mites are the bain ! They (and more importantly the eggs) get everywhere, clothes ,drapes, walls , gear , literally everything ! The eggs can stay dormant and even overwinter for long periods of time. From my understanding, once they are in your area, your pretty fucked. Hope for the best , prepare for the worst is how im running from now on.

MountainBudz

⛽🦨 Kinebud and Heirloom Preservationist! 🦨 ⛽
Well, looks like my problem was corrected and was exactly what I was thinking it was. I transplanted them all into the three gallon smart pots yesterday morning around 2:00 am and they are already very happy, leaves have more than half risen back up and can also notice some new growth (bigger fan leaves) on a few!

When I transplanted I had to slice the bottoms out of the solo cups in order to push the block of dirt out. The mix had really expanded in there and was packed extremely tight. So there was really a lot of moisture trapped inside the soil and i'm sure they were oxygen deprived at that.

One plant unfortunately did not make the cut. Ace's Malawi just looked too damn pitiful to continue the fight so I let her go. Still have Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica in the game though!

Just in case I might have a recurring broad mite issue I went ahead after transplant and sealed/heated the tent to a temp that fluctuated between 115-120 degrees Fahrenheit for about 30 to 35 minutes. Will continue doing this once a week, as I seen NO stress whatsoever during this process even along with being freshly transplanted. I also bought a Mite/Disease spray today that I will apply every once in a while as a preventative called "Bayer Natria" and its active ingredients are Sulfur 0.20% / Pyrethrins 0.01%.

I will probably just continue to use the heat treatments for now unless I see some sort of infestation damages start occurring.

Once transplanted I sprayed the girls with a light solution of B52, Sea Green and aspirin. They seem to really love the mix. Did not add any water during transplant due to the over watering issue, but the mix of FFOF/ProMix and perlite was already a little damp from being sealed well I assume.

Will continue keeping y'all updated on things and once the plants are looking more photogenic i'll start putting up more pics as well lol.

mtntrogger

Veteran
careful with that natria stuff, i tried some a while back, killed the plants that I had applied to. luckily, they were extra clones, ..i didnt trust that stuff without testing first. Although I ve heard sprays with sulphur need to be used apart from other sprays, like oils, which I had been using as well. So I guess its possible that unintentionally , I combined the 2 types of sprays on the leaves, causing them to burn to death. Dont be me !

MountainBudz

careful with that natria stuff, i tried some a while back, killed the plants that I had applied to. luckily, they were extra clones, ..i didnt trust that stuff without testing first. Although I ve heard sprays with sulphur need to be used apart from other sprays, like oils, which I had been using as well. So I guess its possible that unintentionally , I combined the 2 types of sprays on the leaves, causing them to burn to death. Dont be me !

Hey mtn, after you mentioned it and doing some google searches about Natria and cannabis, I have found that others have also had this problem with burning plants as well. But how long ago exactly has that been? Cause from what i've been reading are all older posts and seems the active ingredients people are listing are different than the ones that are are currently in Natria now.

Man I sure can't wait for these girls to start bushing out and hitting them with the flip lol!

mtntrogger

Veteran
was about a year ago...maybe. I would have to check my logs. Interesting that the active ingredient mix changed. Not fucking around with anything less than nasty. Settled on a vial each of Avid an Forbid. When I can afford it I will buy some Kontos, and maybe some Conserve sc. May have the entire crib heat treated by the exterminator before popping seeds just to be on the safe side. Now the problem is I cant even afford a bag of soil starter to get going ! Driving me crazy , not having stuff already going.

MountainBudz

Updates and pics coming tonight! Just watered about 2 hours before lights out and when they flip back i'll get pics. Can't believe how healthy they look after the transplant. I transplanted them into dry soil (only a bit of moisture from the bag) and did not water them in. That was 5 days ago I think? Not sure but they are looking good.

Be back by in a few.

MountainBudz

Sorry about the update delay guys had some things come up. I promise there will be an update tonight.

MountainBudz

Finally! Able to get some new pics up. As you can see within a week of doing the transplant the girls have really taken off and added size considerably. I just watered for the first time yesterday, as you see I recently had an over watering issue before my transplant.

Two of the plants must still not have been fully recovered (one of the Kali Mists and one of the Herijuanas). You can see the tubing running into the soil and the top layer of soil dug up around the Herijuana in the picture? That is an experiment i'm doing right now, since the Herijuana is the worse and obviously the two both are mildly stunted and running behind the others. That is an air pump running air into the root ball to help get more oxygen into the roots and I dug the top layer to try and get it dried up quicker as well.

I've never tried that before but while I was in the process of doctoring the two patients, I had an air pump laying beside the tent and just thought ahh hell, might be worth a try! Couldn't hurt, thats for sure. Lol. I will let you guys know how this works out.

They have been vegging under a 600 Watt HPS Hortilux Eye, not my first choice of veg light, but, when I wen't to get the Metal Halide out of the box there was glass broken inside the bulb, a few pieces broke off. But the HPS seems to be working just great with the enhanced blue spectrum.

I'm now trying to decide on which ones to start training. Don't know if I should start topping, doing super cropping or light LST as of now. I don't want too much bushiness going on, considering these girls will be split up and will be running half of them in a separate tent come flower time.

I'm thinking about topping the sativas, keeping them as short as possible during veg and letting the indicas catch up with them in height. Anyway, thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

MountainBudz

Oh, I forgot to add.

The top inch and a half of every smart pot is a layer of perlite. This is due to my previous fungus gnat problem that i've always had.

The gnats have been very few this time around, but I want to be on the safe side. I've noticed this also reflects much more light to the lower leaves as well which is a big plus. And it just "looks pretty" and "clean" lol.

You may also see a few lady bugs here and there, i've noticed the El Nino has brought up a considerable amount of lady bugs this way this year and every time I see them I catch them and throw them in the tent lol. Some is better than none and my girls seem to enjoy their company as well.

Will also be doing another heat treatment in the next few days, not seen anymore signs of Broad Mites, don't even know if that what it was in the first place causing the damage on the (late Malawi "RIP") but to be on the safe side, i've had issues in the past with them, so its better safe than sorry!

MountainBudz

Just topped all of the taller plants, all pure sativa and sativa dom. Actually fimmed a few as well. I love experimenting!

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Updates and pics coming tonight! Just watered about 2 hours before lights out and when they flip back i'll get pics. Can't believe how healthy they look after the transplant. I transplanted them into dry soil (only a bit of moisture from the bag) and did not water them in. That was 5 days ago I think? Not sure but they are looking good.

Be back by in a few.

I like to water in the morning so the plants get to use the water during the light cycle, others may disagree. You said you are mostly outdoors so that's my 2c. Look forward to seeing the rest of the show :tiphat:

MountainBudz

The pics with all the pots topped with perlite makes me think of cannabis sushi rolls. Mmmmmmm

Lol! Yeah bro since you mentioned it, I can see that. Good one man. I've never tried those, never tried any edibles really other than eating raw buds years ago and a batch of brownies we made one year.

If I ever have the chance to try the sushi meds I definitely will!

MountainBudz

I like to water in the morning so the plants get to use the water during the light cycle, others may disagree. You said you are mostly outdoors so that's my 2c. Look forward to seeing the rest of the show :tiphat:

Yeah that is good thinking Moses.

I never thought of it that way before, honestly I have never done a precise schedule.

I've always just watered when I feel they need water, whether it be morning, after noon or night. Being organized has definitely come in handy in other aspects of life and I can see the benefits. Thanks for recommending, will giver a try!

:tiphat:

MountainBudz

Howdy yall!

Time for an update tonight. Fixing to have a cup of coffee and head to the ladies room with the camera once the battery gets charged up lol. Things have not really changed all that much, as a matter of fact growth has been slow, why? I don't know, I cannot put my finger on it. I will get some good detailed pics and maybe you guys can help me out a little.

Last night I really pit a damper on the girls on accident. Wen't to do a heat treatment for a 25 minute process and after about 10 minutes when the room heated and stabilized at 115 degrees, I left the room for the remainder of the time.

Upon returning to the grow the fuckin tent was 128 degrees and who knows for how long... About 6 out of 23 plants were severely wilted and I immediately shut the heat off, opened the tent up, turned inline fan and vent fan on, misted them and watered them a bit and the temp dropped to about 75 degrees after about 5 minutes.

Scared the shit outta me! After about an hour they perked back up a hair but some of the leaves were severely damaged and twisted. I'm thinking about pruning them off and starting a little defoiliating to promote new growth... One problem after another I tell ya.

It seems like the plants just have not had any perkiness and growth spurts or explosions like they normally do. I'm depressed over the whole thing and feel like I don't know what to do and can't figure out the problem which stresses me out further. I counted December 17th as the first true day of veg and that means they have been vegging for 21 days I think, when I post pics I want you guys to tell me if they look healthy and right up to par for there age.

Stopping back by in about an hour or two, stay tuned for pics.

MountainBudz

Howdy folks! Been a while since my last update and I have to say its been a long hard road this time around dealing with a few problems in and out. I dealt with an under/uneven water issue for a bit and also under feeding as well. I thought they were all gonna die and once I fixed the problem they have literally kicked into gear and exploded with lush growth.

I will be getting tent #2 prepared today and setup so I can transfer half of the plants over to split them into and then i'll more than likely flip in 2 or 3 days. I just fed yesterday with Sensi Grow a&b and I thought about waiting till they dry up some again and hitting them with Sensi Bloom right before the flip. I'm held up on trying to figure out if I should flush before the flip though so I can rid of all salts and excess nitrogen. Should I flush or skip a flush? I know some people do recommend flushing or leaching right before a flip and some don't. I know that nitrogen is important at the beginning of flower and then you can start declining the amount of nitrogen as flower goes on.

I want to minimize as much stretch as possible because I have some heavy ass sativa dominant plants and a few pure. I want long solid buds not gaps everywhere.

I will put up some new pics this morning before I start prepping tent #2. You will be amazed at how far they have come. All have been topped, super cropped and LST'd. It is literally a sea of green, you can see no floor :woohoo: .....

They are literally smothering each other out and battling for there own room and comfort so I need to flip asap.

My original plan of vegging three weeks then flipping ended up just not working out so well. They now have about a good two month veg or month and half. I guess that will pay off... I hope!

:tiphat:

MrBungle

Now... this is me just talking.... not a suggestion.. unless you are crazy enough to do it....

But if it were me, and I had the resources... I'd skip the flush and transplant those 3's into 5's run em in veg for 5 more days then flip without skipping a beat....

I'd skip the flush anyways.. you done flushed enough already my man...

MountainBudz

Now... this is me just talking.... not a suggestion.. unless you are crazy enough to do it....

But if it were me, and I had the resources... I'd skip the flush and transplant those 3's into 5's run em in veg for 5 more days then flip without skipping a beat....

I'd skip the flush anyways.. you done flushed enough already my man...

I would love to transplant into 5 gal before making the flip. The only problem is I don't have the money to get the soil and pots right now. I've never been so broke in my life lol. But honestly, if you think about it, 11 plants in each 4x4 tent in 3 gallon smarties is going to be pretty crowded come flower time, especially with a month and a half veg, but I could be wrong.

I want all space filled in and thick yes, but I don't want to have to deal with severe over crowding issues and something tells me if I went any bigger with that number of plants and that long of a veg that id be asking for trouble if the containers were any bigger. Anyone agree? Disagree?

Most of them are sativas as well, lots of stretching and bushing out to be done, a couple including the zamaldelica are known to grow like wild vines and take over an entire grow space by the time flowering is over. I have done 11 plants in 5 gal buckets before in one 4x4 tent and had slight over crowding issues, but there was no training involved especially LSTand they also only vegged for 3 and a half to 4 weeks.