What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

mmmmmm...donuts

oti$

I think I've read that to make oil for a cape pen you mix 50/50 with vegetable glyceri. Also, any input on making vape oil would be appreciated. I'll go look into that now though....

oti$

Just went to a cape place that hooked me up with some glycerin mix That I mix @ 1:1 ratio...

Gullygsg

Nice thread bro I have a great suggestion for you it may seems like a hard choice at first but I promise you it would be the best choice you ever make as a grower........ You ready? (Drumroll)!!!! NOTILL GARDENING! its simple to grow very cost effective in the long run and is natural no matter what style you grow you will never see more healthy plants plus is organic which I know produce the tastiest buds and did I say it was simple? Trust me bro give it a shot with a pot or two and before you know it you would be ditching coco and growing big strong trees that can support their own weight and it keeps getting better and better every cycle also bug and harmful insect becomes a thing of the past with simple ipm regiment

oti$

I'm actually gathering amendments and going to mix a bed or two and give organics s shot at another place I'm going to get going after Christmas. It's going to be a flat grow I already have a couple cmh lights and I'll probably get a couple gavita flex750's as well. Thanks for stopping in:D

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I'm an inspiration,, lol. Thanks man! I usually pull two, three vacs right off the rip. Then when the puffed patty melts, I vac again. I would personally go a little lower on the temp.

Do you measure temp without the lid on? Because under vacuum the temp inside the chamber is going to be warmer than when it's at regular atmospheric pressure. Really I guess it depends on what you want for a final product. I personally like gritty, sticky sand consistency. Seems to hold more flavor, than when I make shatter.

Edit: I mis-spoke. What I meant was the boiling point for the BHO under vac is lower than at regular atmosphere. I mixed up the terminology in my head. So the BHO under vac, "thinks" that the temp is higher than it actually is. The correlation in my head came out wrong is all.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
I think I've read that to make oil for a cape pen you mix 50/50 with vegetable glyceri. Also, any input on making vape oil would be appreciated. I'll go look into that now though....

Get food grade vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol, mix at 50/50. Warm up 30ml and stir in 2gs of winterized or defatted concentrate, and stir till it's dissolved. Works great in a mod, or any kind of personal vaporizer with a tank and a wick. Smell is minimalized, but if you add flavoring it won't smell at all.

Gullygsg

I'm actually gathering amendments and going to mix a bed or two and give organics s shot at another place I'm going to get going after Christmas. It's going to be a flat grow I already have a couple cmh lights and I'll probably get a couple gavita flex750's as well. Thanks for stopping in:D

Its the best best decision made as far as growing the main difference is quality shit is mind blowing yet not so mind blowing to see how quality improve with just going back to how nature intended things to be

oti$

Got a little more sterno to add to the fire:D
picture.php

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Little tidbit on vacuums and temperature: lowering the pressure of the chamber actually lowers sensible heat. This whole concept is why air conditioners work, compressors raise pressure, which adds heat of compression, which makes the refrigerant hot enough to reject heat in your condenser. Then the pressure of the refrigerant is dropped when passing through the metering device to cool the refrigerant enough to absorb heat inside from the evaporator. When vac purging, I heat to 120 for a little while before turning on the vac pump, because you won't be able to control heat inside the chamber without a thermostat while the pressure is reduced. If you pump it once, on 120, and just wait, you'll get the most stable oleoresin as opposed to pumping multiple times on lower heat.

picture.php

This specific batch sat at 120 before pumping, and the heat was increased to 135 while under vacuum to compensate for heat loss from loss of compression. Sat in vac for about 4 hours at -25.5 inHG, which is as low as I can get at my elevation.

oti$

Circle#1 week3-3.5 noting exciting yet...tops kissing the ceiling at the end of stretch. Should be stacking lamps with plants this tall...
picture.php

oti$

picture.php
Circle#2...clusterfuck:( 3plants have fallen into the light burning up would be nice tops.
Two are a couple weeks behind the first three
picture.php

oti$

These are from my only female valley girl. Super dense with a great og nose. I wish I had a couple more to choose from. This one is the nicest of all seeds popped since my come back. I've got a clone...lucky me:D
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

oti$

This will be the last run with the hippy's stash (csg). It has a funky chem smell, and yields decent. It's just not super potent and I've got to many mom's atm.
picture.php

This is from a cheese n Chaze, also csg. This one is a little wild and stretchy, but the sour smell and flavor is on point as is the potency. Yield can be coaxed from her with a little effort and it clones very easily...this one fell in the light too and I slacked on trimming out the suckers so the buds aren't as nice as they could be.
picture.php

oti$

Circle#3 the newest. A second run for the fuzz and a couple other clones.
picture.php

Tops are kind of yellowing a little...wonder what that's about...
picture.php

Foreman000

Lucky that one of those valley girl nugs didn't fall into your light. Those rock hard buds would've smashed it! Looks nice broham.

oti$

If the pics weren't so shitty you'd see that a few of the biggest valley tops did fall into then lay on the light burning them up:hotbounce

Just finished trimming the last plant of the2nd run. 1186 grams. I know that sounds good, but I'm probably able to include some small stuff that some wouldn't be able to sell for top dollar. Being in a black market helps. Being in a Market where California outdoor of good and poor quality alike sells for the same price, generally, as top shelf indoor helps too. I also made 10 g's of shatter and have enough trim and larf to Make at least that much more. This next harvest won't be as heavy. The plants aren't as big and there is one less in the circle. I'll be happy to get 750. I will be very happy when I have all these seeds sorted and can start dialing monocropped lights.
I'll be doing a flat grow soon with gavita flex750's. I'm going to start an organic grow at another location and it will be in a bed so I think horizontal light will be the best for that....I also want to see what all the de fuss is about. I have 2 cmh lights so I'm thinking about how the best way to set them up with two gravitas would be.

Home you all have a safe new year!