What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mitch's Auto Adventure......

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Mitch ,

Just thought I'd stick my head in and say hi!

Everything looking lovely as per.

Arty Z

Thanks arty and others!

We have some new artisanal projects at f2 which are almost ready for pollination, so I'll throw up some photos of those just before.

Hope everyone's cool otherwise!
Mitch

ashna

Wow. I just read through the whole thread, and I'm in awe. You are doing some amazing work. Can't wait to grow out some of your seeds :tiphat:

Cheers :biggrin:

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow. I just read through the whole thread, and I'm in awe. You are doing some amazing work. Can't wait to grow out some of your seeds :tiphat:

Cheers :biggrin:

Thanks man!

Lots of goings on here, we're about to take August off growing to re-do all of our grow spaces!

Projects still ticking over for 6 new artisanal strains ready for release in 2017

I'll get some photos up here soon.

Cheers and thanks for reading, mitch

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Mitch! Hope you got to relax some during your grow room rebuild. You guys have been busy last several years. Great work and beautiful pics of dank looking plants. Very inspirational thread! Thanks for posting, it has been a pleasure to read along!

Cheers!

srich250

Wow Mitch. I'm blown away at your entire thread that I couldn't stop reading every single comment. Thx for your efforts !!!!! I'm on your website buying some right now as I type:)!!! Is there a way to email you so I can ask you a couple questions ?

Wow Mitch. I'm blown away at your entire thread that I couldn't stop reading every single comment. Thx for your efforts !!!!! I'm on your website buying some right now as I type:)!!! Is there a way to email you so I can ask you a couple questions ?

This thread had the same effect on me. Mephisto mainly hangs out at afn, they have a whole section dedicated to mephisto. Best move I've made for autoflowering forum.
The people there are awesome.

yahooman

are the first 2 pics photo grape crinkle or auto?

Next fix:

Grape Crinkle F4 – (Canadian Crinkle Cut x Supernatural (exotic genetix)) x Ripley's OG Automatic

Project introduction -

Our Grape Crinkle Project has been one of, if not, the most involved projects we've tackled.

The pure Canadian Crinkle was passed to us in cutting form as a medicinal quality, early finishing outdoor strain with good mould resistance. Little known to us prior to that, after doing some digging it's said to originate from Ontario, a clone only variety rumoured to be a hash plant hybrid. I also read it was hoarded by biker gangs, it's speed and quality beneficial to commercial applications.

We ran it outside during our first season, and true to form, it was done by the 15th September at 40 degrees latitude, The crinkle produced truly round golf ball nuggets that completely iced over with sugars. We had also seen similarly impressive results from our amigos growing this cut up in England, which has to have some of the wettest, typically miserable summers around, and in the high humidity Mephisto woods, often jungle-esque during summer nights, we can testify to how well it performed.

It grew very indica like with approximately 75% stretch throughout flower, the dried flowers are very powerful in effect, arse kicking, combined with the mould resistance it made an ideal candidate to turn auto. The only areas we felt it could be improved upon, were to add some taste and flavour and a little more stretch to her. This came in the form of a feminised F1 cross we made using Supernatural (grapegod x the flav) from exotic genetix. The split in phenotypes with these were pretty straight-forward but we prefered and opted to reverse a sativa dominant super grapey lady.

The F1 feminised photoperiod of Canadian Crinkle x Supernatural, which we quickly coined as 'Grape Crinkle' , We flowered out 30+ of these in order to find our special grape crinkle lady, which was all we had previously desired, a little more size, beautiful colours and creamy grapey aromas, the buds were totally crinkle dominant, just on a larger more vigorous frame.

Here she is around 4 weeks into flower
View Image

And here's a shot of the end product
View Image

Here's the F1 of our Grape Crinkle selection x Ripley's OG auto
View Image

At F2 the plants were very uniform, whilst being automatic, they were branchy, crystalised and retained the typical grapey goodness and smell we'd got a real nose for. It was a 2 plant selection, very similar in characteristics so we ran a mix of the F3 seeds in order to be able to get a range of different expressions to sift through and work with at f3

Plant characteristics @ F3 onwards

Grape Crinkle is simply a trichome factory, she basically begins to put out frost on her fans from the time she shows sex, and just doesn't let up after that.

She was first created with the idea to make a mould resistant outdoor variety but over the generations she's become an extract artists wet dream, the hashplant heritage has made itself known in abundance. With grapey, flavourful terps to match, she's a champion in our hearts and under our lights.

She grows with an open structure, spaced out nodes, but not too stretchy that floppiness or support is a concern, she makes clusters at each one. The flowers have a very unique structure, that ooze resin. Branches and flower sites generally protrude out from the main stem, but with one main cluster on the end, She can also form a very bulbous main top.

To process, especially for live resin extration, it's simply a case of removing only the very biggest fan leaves only.

Grape Crinkle is a variety that really excites all the senses. Whilst touching her live flowers or busting up her dried ones, you are hit by an intence, almost artificial level of grapey-fruit aroma.

Grape crinkle can purple and colour up easily with cooler temperatures, and fan larger fan leaves multi-colour and make a lovely show for the eyes.

She is also the fastest of this first release of artisanal projects, in the correct environment and grow style she can be commercially ready from less than 60 days from sprout. However for personal conoisseur smoke and average conditions the 65-70 day window is ideal.

Grape Crinkle is not a mass yielder individually but is very capable of yielding well in an Autoflower Sea-of-green grow style.
If a quick easy grow of high quality terp-soaked flowers is your aim, you couldn't go far wrong with this strain.

F3 - midflower
View Image

F3 - Late flower
View Image

In house data, information and stats:

Complete cycle time: 55-65 days from sprout

Per plant yield in a 9 plant to 600w HPS arrangement, Potsize:15L, medium: Organic Soil: 40-75 grams

Size: 50-70cm in height

Aroma: Creamy fruit yoghurt, to Artificial concentrated grape flavouring

Taste: Fruity supremely paletable, hints of flowers, mulled wine and christmas spices.

Medicinal Benefits: Powerful Pain and stress reliever

Effect; Medicinal, smooth and balanced to sooth both body and mind.

Flower Density: 7.0 / 10

Best Suited For Growing: Indoor

Extract Returns: TBA

Cannabinoids: TBA

yahooman

im very impressed with your work mitch....amazing!

can you recommend a couple strains that would do well outdoors?or to breed to an outdoor photo strain to bring harvest time down?...im really looking for an auto to fit that bill

Beanzy

Those are some of the sweetest autos I have ever seen. The commercial seed people always tout photos like this but it gives me hope that I too can follow in the steps of skilled growers as yourself.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates, we've still been working flat out though.

Here's the F1 grow out of a new automatic in the making - It's our 24 carat (based on sour boggle from BOG) crossed with BOG's Sour Strawberry Kush - SSK x 24 carat.

Today is day 48 from sprout/ Day 33 of 12/12 - They're still essentially photoperiods until the F2 generation.

50 were started in 1.5 liter pots, they were transplanted up into 5 liter pots and put into flower on day 15 from sprout. Then at day 25 the best 16 were transplanted again up into 12 liter pots.

I've selected and pollinated the best 2 tonight.

Group
picture.php

Individual - top down
picture.php

Top cola
picture.php

Nug shot
picture.php

Close up of cola
picture.php

To me these are coming along beautifully, even if i do say so myself.
Very oily, Aromas of candy strawberry dankness, pink hues are starting to appear within the flowers. Squat, fast, lovely and indica, should make great meds. Just another 3 generations to work through. Should be available in late 2017/early 2018 if everything goes smoothly.

Cheers!

Quitters

Jaw Dropping

Jaw Dropping

Thanks Mitch @Mephisto what an awesome thread, best thing I've read in years !!!

I'm new to the auto flowering section so I missed these postings through the years but spent this past weekend reading all and its hard to believe this thread isn't a sticky here as its by far the most intresting and influential stories + tutorials I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing anywhere. Its encouraged me to wanna give Auto's a try !

Wishing you and crew the best

I've grown out around 10 Mephisto strains, and not one has disappointed. Some are small, some are big, but always fire. I've also tried a few other brands that don't come close, lackluster by comparison. These guys do the work, and are good at it. They have so many strains it's hard to keep up. More set to drop soon.

bigAl25

Veteran
I posted my comment in Roasty's thread, but it should have been posted here. I didn't feel that my Fast buds even my Nirvana autos turned out as good as Roasty's, Autos don't give you the margin for error that photo plants do in recovery from Fox farm fuck ups. I grabbed a pay pal account and perused their web site. Some stock was out but picked out my 3 strains to try next grow season. Their shipping was excellent on this side of the Atlantic, and I like the stickers too. Freebies will be included with the Sour Bubbly, Triangle Kush and Deep Blue C. thanks guys.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I posted my comment in Roasty's thread, but it should have been posted here. I didn't feel that my Fast buds even my Nirvana autos turned out as good as Roasty's, Autos don't give you the margin for error that photo plants do in recovery from Fox farm fuck ups. I grabbed a pay pal account and perused their web site. Some stock was out but picked out my 3 strains to try next grow season. Their shipping was excellent on this side of the Atlantic, and I like the stickers too. Freebies will be included with the Sour Bubbly, Triangle Kush and Deep Blue C. thanks guys.

Cool! Yes for sure, there's a learning curve with autos, and recovery time can be non-existent depending on the situation, but.. saying that, once you're dialed in with your method and products after a couple of runs, it's pretty much plain sailing, rinse and repeat in order to get some nice nugs in a quick time frame.
All the best with them,
Cheers Mitch