What's new

Mitch's Auto Adventure......

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Absolute amazing Mitch!!! Waiting for next ones!!!

Thanks! :)

Nice Mitch! Feeling like i pulled the trigger too soon on my order. Excited to see next post.

Peace, Roast.

Hey roast, we do promo's every few months so it's difficult to say when the best time to pull the trigger ever is :)
But we always love to hook people up whatever the day.

freedom 35 eh? Didn't know you boys got Netflix out in the sticks. ...daily life for some of us. What with the going to jail at the end of the fuckin' season n' all.

I'll pm ya the deets, looking for something Lat. specific.

Deals eh? ....now I gotta google wtf an instagram is...

Cool will look out for your message. We learnt about f35 way before our stint in the sticks :)

Cheers all and have a good weekend, mitch

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Next fix:

Grape Crinkle F4 – (Canadian Crinkle Cut x Supernatural (exotic genetix)) x Ripley's OG Automatic

Project introduction -

Our Grape Crinkle Project has been one of, if not, the most involved projects we've tackled.

The pure Canadian Crinkle was passed to us in cutting form as a medicinal quality, early finishing outdoor strain with good mould resistance. Little known to us prior to that, after doing some digging it's said to originate from Ontario, a clone only variety rumoured to be a hash plant hybrid. I also read it was hoarded by biker gangs, it's speed and quality beneficial to commercial applications.

We ran it outside during our first season, and true to form, it was done by the 15th September at 40 degrees latitude, The crinkle produced truly round golf ball nuggets that completely iced over with sugars. We had also seen similarly impressive results from our amigos growing this cut up in England, which has to have some of the wettest, typically miserable summers around, and in the high humidity Mephisto woods, often jungle-esque during summer nights, we can testify to how well it performed.

It grew very indica like with approximately 75% stretch throughout flower, the dried flowers are very powerful in effect, arse kicking, combined with the mould resistance it made an ideal candidate to turn auto. The only areas we felt it could be improved upon, were to add some taste and flavour and a little more stretch to her. This came in the form of a feminised F1 cross we made using Supernatural (grapegod x the flav) from exotic genetix. The split in phenotypes with these were pretty straight-forward but we prefered and opted to reverse a sativa dominant super grapey lady.

The F1 feminised photoperiod of Canadian Crinkle x Supernatural, which we quickly coined as 'Grape Crinkle' , We flowered out 30+ of these in order to find our special grape crinkle lady, which was all we had previously desired, a little more size, beautiful colours and creamy grapey aromas, the buds were totally crinkle dominant, just on a larger more vigorous frame.

Here she is around 4 weeks into flower
picture.php

And here's a shot of the end product
picture.php

Here's the F1 of our Grape Crinkle selection x Ripley's OG auto
picture.php

At F2 the plants were very uniform, whilst being automatic, they were branchy, crystalised and retained the typical grapey goodness and smell we'd got a real nose for. It was a 2 plant selection, very similar in characteristics so we ran a mix of the F3 seeds in order to be able to get a range of different expressions to sift through and work with at f3

Plant characteristics @ F3 onwards

Grape Crinkle is simply a trichome factory, she basically begins to put out frost on her fans from the time she shows sex, and just doesn't let up after that.

She was first created with the idea to make a mould resistant outdoor variety but over the generations she's become an extract artists wet dream, the hashplant heritage has made itself known in abundance. With grapey, flavourful terps to match, she's a champion in our hearts and under our lights.

She grows with an open structure, spaced out nodes, but not too stretchy that floppiness or support is a concern, she makes clusters at each one. The flowers have a very unique structure, that ooze resin. Branches and flower sites generally protrude out from the main stem, but with one main cluster on the end, She can also form a very bulbous main top.

To process, especially for live resin extration, it's simply a case of removing only the very biggest fan leaves only.

Grape Crinkle is a variety that really excites all the senses. Whilst touching her live flowers or busting up her dried ones, you are hit by an intence, almost artificial level of grapey-fruit aroma.

Grape crinkle can purple and colour up easily with cooler temperatures, and fan larger fan leaves multi-colour and make a lovely show for the eyes.

She is also the fastest of this first release of artisanal projects, in the correct environment and grow style she can be commercially ready from less than 60 days from sprout. However for personal conoisseur smoke and average conditions the 65-70 day window is ideal.

Grape Crinkle is not a mass yielder individually but is very capable of yielding well in an Autoflower Sea-of-green grow style.
If a quick easy grow of high quality terp-soaked flowers is your aim, you couldn't go far wrong with this strain.

F3 - midflower
picture.php

F3 - Late flower
picture.php

In house data, information and stats:

Complete cycle time: 55-65 days from sprout

Per plant yield in a 9 plant to 600w HPS arrangement, Potsize:15L, medium: Organic Soil: 40-75 grams

Size: 50-70cm in height

Aroma: Creamy fruit yoghurt, to Artificial concentrated grape flavouring

Taste: Fruity supremely paletable, hints of flowers, mulled wine and christmas spices.

Medicinal Benefits: Powerful Pain and stress reliever

Effect; Medicinal, smooth and balanced to sooth both body and mind.

Flower Density: 7.0 / 10

Best Suited For Growing: Indoor

Extract Returns: TBA

Cannabinoids: TBA

The English Cut

Looks lovely Mitch, great work as always. I have to say the 4 Supernatural OGs I ran outside last year were the easily most impressive autos I've ever seen. Made some kick-ass hash which in turn makes some very strong and tasty rosin. I really liked the others I ran, especially the Fantasmo Express (potent stuff!) but the Supernaturals were the clear standout. Peace, TEC.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 of 4 - Getting there!

Sour Stomper F4 – (Grape Stomper OG (GageGreenGroup) x Sour Crack Automatic

Project introduction -

Sour Stomper is the first artisanal variety whereby someone else had a hand in the project, and we we've been delighted with the results at every stage since. So first and foremost we have to give credit to GBD @Autoflower network for having the foresight, skill and taste in quality genetics to get this project underway, He made the F1 cross using a Sour Crack female and Grape Stomper OG male, so here's a quick word from the man himself:

'Sour Stomper began with a trip to Denver, Colorado to celebrate the legalization of recreational cannabis use on January 1, 2014.

After spending two weeks sampling almost one hundred strains there was a clear standout. Grape Stomper.

The grape flavors she emits are other-worldly, almost too good to be true!

I had been disappointed by grape strains in the past, but after two tokes of her greasy grapey sweet mouth coating smoke accompanied by an instantaneous rush of full body relief I knew she was something special.

This began the quest to find Grape Stomper genetics and introduce them into the already unbelievably good autoflower genetics by Mitch and Tim of Mephisto genetics.

The search was damn near impossible, taking correspondence relay races, waiting lists, and some extra asking extra nicely to finally acquire the beans.

If anyone goes on a successful quest for them today my hat is definitely off to you!

Once in hand they were immediately germinated, vegged, cloned and flowered.

All of the females were absolute crystal queens, but they all left something to be desired in the way of grapey goodness, however one of the males was a different story.

The scent from his tacky stems transported me right back to the flavors of the original Grape Stomper with a little something extra, slightly offensive in the mix.

He was selected to pollinate a super sweet Sour Crack that had strong grape undertones and was caked in resin.

From there the offspring were handed off to Mitch and Tim to work their magic on, and to translate the best qualities of Grape Stomper into autoflower format.

After seeing the Sour Stomper F3 grown out first hand with the boys last year I can safely say the quest was a complete success.'

On receiving the F1 seeds from Gbd, we set about our usual process for F1 runs, starting 30-40 plants, narrowing them down to a selection of 9 females, During the F1's we witnessed some of the most complete, thickest trichome coverage we've had the pleasure of seeing, out of anything, automatic or photoperiod..ever.

For example -
picture.php

We selected two pollination candidates, a thick sour crack dominant lady, big thick fingered leaves, fantastic resin, with an added injection of a sweet grape scent. The second, a grape stomper og dominant lady with nice branching and more elongated colas. She had thinner leaflets, a positively intoxicating smell and again covered in whiteness.

The F1 grow was in winter 2014 and the plants quickly turned a deep exotic velvet purple to black with the cooler temperatures.

picture.php

Generally we like to steer away from the plants at F1 that favour the auto parentage, but with this variety and the other artisanals so far, the already high quality building blocks used to donate the auto trait is making this decision trickier, but we opted to go with the grape stomper leaning parent.

Actually in hindsight I don't think we could have gone far wrong with any of the selections from this cross at F1.

The foliage of these F1 females were so triched out, it almost felt like sacralige to trim them.

Rough trim -
picture.php

At F2, we witnessed a more compact version of the F1's, but a larger version of the Sour crack, one of our strains we've grown and played with relentlessly over the years.

It's getting harder to rate the frostiness of these new projects, but Sour Stomper is definitely very high up there and can only be described by a potentially invented word 'frostiliscious'

Sour Stomper has actually been the hardest strain to photograph and showcase as it's covering of whiteness against it's purple hues is difficult to capture and definitely best seen first hand.

From early to mid-flower a sweet red grape smell is evident, this develops throughout flowering becoming more intense and complex with a more raw meatier edge coming through as the flowers build.

The flower to plant ratio is extremely high, meaning although the outright size of the plants aren't large, this is a small-medium sized variety, the yield is impressive.

There isn't a big swing in the phenotypes Sour Stomper puts out, we found two thirds will display colouration under cooler temps, but the flower structures and aromas are very similar throughout.

She is a delight to trim and manicure, and is an ideal candidate for extraction work.

Performs very well in an autoflower sea-of-green configuration.

We pollinated just two candidates to make sour stomper f4's, one we've labelled simply as 'the delicious pheno' the other is branded 'whiter than white'.

Late flower images -
picture.php

picture.php

Complete cycle time: 60-65 days

Per plant yield in a 9 plant to 600w HPS arrangement, Potsize:15L, medium: Organic Soil - 60-80 grams

Size: 50-70cm in height

Aroma: Delicious sweet red grape infused with a raw funky to meaty edge. Powerful.

Taste: Grapey with piney-lemony undertones,

Medicinal Benefits: Anti-depressant qualities

Effect; Glorious, hitting all the pleasure zones, euphoric and feel good vibes. Brings a sunny shine to a cloudy day

Flower Density: 7.0/10

Best Suited For Growing: Indoor/Greenhouse/Outdoor

Extract Returns: TBA

Green81

Veteran
Must be quite exciting creating completely new flavours and colours, it takes a lot of time and patience to get where you guys are now. Great work again!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Final Instalment!

3 Bears OG F4 – (Karma's OG cut a.k.a Bear OG (Karma Genetics) x Triangle Kush Automatic

Project introduction -

3 Bears OG is a project which is part of our quest to create the most true, purest OG available in automatic form.

In 2013 whilst we were still setting up our farm, we were blessed with a visit from Karma, who being the experienced guru of growing and fine genetics, as well as being a stand-up guy, resulted in us being passed some of his personal selections to tinker with, along with a heap of good advice.

One of which included the then labelled Karma's OG, now named Bear OG.

We know Karma put his heart and soul into the creation of his Bear OG, so we wanted to do it true justice in auto form and mirror that with our own work.

Bear OG was very impressive as an OG, she wasn't too finicky, or viney, she was adaptable, and very easy to grow, a single topping created a very even canopy of thick juicy nugs.
We trialled her inside and out over several seasons, in non ideal conditions too and her quality always shone through.

She had a great vigour, exploding when put in flower and responded extremely well to training, She vegged beautifully and cloned well. Something that made her a mainstay crop with that headstash quality, so to put it simply she ticked all of our boxes.

Her flowers are hard as boulders and yielding greatly even when mistreated blew us away.

Bear OG photo - Karma's cut
picture.php

We already have several projects involving various OG kushes, but felt our Triangle was an ideal match and shared a lot of common traits to be paired with the Bear OG.

We grew Bear OG from seed alongside Karma's own selection, which we often do when starting a project to make sure we've really made the best choice and have the best candidates to work with, afterall it would be silly not to, as we know we'll be investing at least a couple of years to bring a project to term. We found some gems in the seeds, but Karma's personal cut took the cake.

The F1 generation when grown out was very uniform, and remarkably similar to the photoperiod bear's we'd grown previously, topping once pre putting them into 12/12 created a lovely even multi-topped bush with all the prized nuggets re-siding in the canopy.

The majority showed nice colouration, and fully frosted nugs.

Dried nug of the F1 photo x auto
picture.php

The F2 threw out a number of phenotypes, but it was easy to spot the flower formation and aromas we loved so much from the F1's.

3 bears OG is without a doubt a cornerstone to our Artisanal collection, Solid auto stock twice outcrossed to OG's of impeccable qualities, we now have true OG quality flowers in automatic format. We've managed to blend the best of the fabelled OG with a compact and controllable growth pattern. A mini-me OG.

It becomes evident from early on that the 3 bears OG just stacks and plumps up flowers like there's no tomorrow, for a compact plant, the yields can be spectacular with no sacrifice in quality or speed.

She's a stocky build and will benefit from a little leaf tucking between days 20-30 to make lovely thick secondary colas. The internodal gaps are just right, and it's possible to easily end up with zero pop-corn on these girls.

Aromas and frost take awhile to really kick in, being subtle at first but once engaged and into gear they take you on a journey to funkytown, mouth watering watermelon with hints of powerful lemon OG funk. Yummy.

She colours up very easily too, from Deep Purple to Black in the foliage and sugar leaves.

Because of the thickness and density of colas it is well worth making sure that airflow is optimised during the last two weeks of the cycle.

3 bears og auto f3 - late flower
picture.php

picture.php

Dried nug, currently being tested.
picture.php

Complete cycle time: 60-70 days from sprout

Per plant yield in a 9 plant to 600w HPS arrangement, Potsize:15L, medium: Organic Soil - 70-90 grams

Size: 50-80cm in height

Aroma: Watermelons and straight og verging offensive.

Taste: Lemon Sour Earthy

Medicinal Benefits: Helps against insomnia, and provides great appetite stimulation.

Effect; Happy, stress reliever.

Flower Density: 8.0/10

Extract Return: TBA

Nice work Mitch, can't wait to start some of your beans. This fall i plan to run sog in coco hempies. SODK. Hope to run a thread on it. Thanks for your hard work Mephisto!

Peace, Roast.

Green81

Veteran
Great work Mitch and the team, it would be cool to see everyone's autos from mephisto to genetics this year, the Scandinavians would be great testers for these new elite autos.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys it's been awhile, or feels like!

So here's a few snipets and photos from some of the projects we are running or about to create.

Brand new cross - We've had many amnesias and variants pass through our hands over the years, and have always wanted to do a mephisto twist on an auto amnesia haze.

We've had the auto parent in mind for sometime, so we recently ran some walter white regulars to get some pollen.

Here is one of our candidates - the barcelona cut of Amnesia haze
picture.php

Typical great amnesia qualities of yield, aroma and effect. Great bedtime meds if you have a lady to hand!

Project code name: Fugue State

We're also trialling some Amnesia bx1 seeds from archive seedbank which will be flowered soon and the best lady from that group will also receive some walter white pollen.

Then we'll run both f1 crosses together and see which one we like the most.

Current F1's in flower -

Project codename: Creme de la chem
Chem4d x chemdogging
Broad indica leaves and they really like to turn on some colour. Nice lashings of frost too
picture.php

Blue Magoo Bx2 x 24 carat - Created by GBD
Very unique smells, this girl was reeking of apple flavouring

picture.php

Here's Gorilla Glue #4 x Grape Crinkle
picture.php

And last but not least:
Project Codename: Mitch's OG
Yeti OG x 3 bears og

picture.php

Soon when a space free's up we'll run some F2 projects!
Cheers mitch

Tynehead Tom

Canadian crinkle......
I wonder when this strain popped up in Ontario?
It's very possible it's origins could have been in my basement in BC LOL probably not but damn, it looks just the same.
1998 Shiskaberry F1 (male, big chunky clustered, trichome frosted , fat long leafed,super blue berry pheno) x 90's Surrey biker hashplant cut only.
clones of it went to Ontario to some Harley riding friends of mine in 2000. ;) they were the only folks I passed the cut on to.

Golli

Hey Mitch!

Verry nice thread you have here! Fist time reading true it and you inpiring alot of people. Including me! I have not read about auto strains since I tested some LR2 back in the days we first heard of Auto.

I got 98 and 97 gram under 400w in 68 days on the 2 biggest plant that time. ANd I remember inertnet go bananas when I showed them. I myself was thinking alot of autos that time, but all my growing friends said no no we grow regular photo strains, so I got intruduced to all the elite cuts over the next 2 years and the auto dream
got out of my head. But right now The auto dream just came back into my head!

I can`t bearly sleep becouse I am so eager after reading all your stuff here. You inspiring me so much so I also want to make some auto strains.
Not for making money or be a future seed company. Just for be a better grower myself and to development new growing skills. Try to get more Experience.
Also breeding for auto really sounds alot of fun. It`s a clear goal to make the orginal strain into auto so there is the focus. I really like this.

Personly my favorit canna nowdays is hazehybrids. Would love to see some of the hybrids go into the auto spectrum in the future!
Where should I order my Auto genetics from? Nobody sell normal seeds annymore? I could put some pollen on the Fem from you?
I don`t know if that is a bad idea for a start to f1?

I want some auto males so I can turn some of my mother keepers aswell :)

Golli

Also you new strains: artisanal strains looks awsome. Going to try order someone for a test on 4/20! Weeee! NIce date to realese new strains.

I will try to take some pictures to reaply to this thread aswell :)

Kygiacomo!!!

AppAlachiAn OutLaW
great thread!!i have never grew any autos before but after getting 7 fatsoma express and 2 s.o.d.k for free with my order i just popped 3 fatsoma and 1 sodk. they popped a nice taproot in less then 24hrs. im looking forward to seeing how these things grow and what the smoke will be like.

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey guys,

Thought you might enjoy a few pre-harvest / nugshots of one of our new Artisanal Strains: Sour Stomper

She works very well as a taller Sea of Green variety, Very few fan leaves and foliage means penetration is very good, super easy to trim, lovely end product.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Cheers!

Latest posts

Latest posts