What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mitch's Auto Adventure......

Dakine

Veteran
Dang, It was this grow and another grow on here where A guy was growing A cross he made but was actually doing A pretty big selection with either high hundreds or around 1k plants.. But these are the 2 grows that made me super interested in Autos again.

I lost hope when I tried the ORiginal Lowryder/Ruderalis about 7+ years ago and I was SUPER dissapointed. I didnt know as much, if I did I prob woulda have kept them to breed with lol. I was so dissapointed at quality, not knowing that I shouldve been using it as breeding stock haha!

Nice Job Bro!

mitch_connor

large member
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dang, It was this grow and another grow on here where A guy was growing A cross he made but was actually doing A pretty big selection with either high hundreds or around 1k plants.. But these are the 2 grows that made me super interested in Autos again.

I lost hope when I tried the ORiginal Lowryder/Ruderalis about 7+ years ago and I was SUPER dissapointed. I didnt know as much, if I did I prob woulda have kept them to breed with lol. I was so dissapointed at quality, not knowing that I shouldve been using it as breeding stock haha!

Nice Job Bro!

Thanks man! Well.. I'll just say in my opinion a lot has changed over the last 7+ years, if you work non stop you can comfortably get through 3 generations of breeding autos a year, so plenty of room for advancing stuff over that kind of time scale.

Cheers!

lamsbread

Hey Mitch
After having the summer off from growing I just started 3 Double Grape.
I am so looking forward to trying this strain, I just love me some good fruity flavors and the frost on these babies low phenomenal
I'll back at the other place in the next month or so see you there.
Gonna go with Autopots & Biotabs this time and see how that goes.
Any tips on using Biotabs? or is it as straight forward as they say?
They say water with plain tap water, is that what you use or do you Ph it?
Got two young ladies in pots and number 3 just shed her helmet :canabis:
DSCN3982 (FILEminimizer).JPG

DSCN3999 (FILEminimizer).JPG

bigAl25

Veteran
No photos to share but the grow has started. Using the wet paper towel method to germinate for the first time. Was somewhat disappointed with my autos last go around, but it was my first experience with them. Fem photoperiod before for around 7 or 8 grows, mostly Nirvana, OGR rascal and Connisuer genetics. Will start with 5 sour bubbly and 5 Deep Blue C F2. Always wanted a BOG strain, but he does not do any fem seeds. Sour Bubbly will be as close as I can get right now. Hoping the Deep Blue C does come up with a sweet berry scent. Will post up photos when finished. Two 400 watt lamps (MH and HPS together) in organic soil, and I'll back the hell off ferts and let the Promix, cal mag and perlite do it's job. I may add just a little Maxi bloom along the way ,but not much. My fox farm burned the hell out a few autos the last time and it scared the hell out of me. A big ups to Mephisto I had 5 seeds in each package not the 3 I paid for and they gave me 10, yes I did say 10 Heisenberg special freebies. Damn I love you guys now and may love you even more after I'm done. Peace and respect dudes.

bigAl25

Veteran
A quick comment about pro mix organic.. This does not hold moisture very long at all. I have encountered some germination issues with the medium. I have only 4 sprouts up as of now and all 10 seeds had broken their shell in the paper towel germination method. I will keep the medium wet daily until I get more sprouts up. It dries out so fast, as I do have a few fans going on the pots.

bigAl25

Veteran
dear mephisto, Just a question on the sour bubbly in a 2 gallon promix organic soil some cal mag and pearlite around week 4. They are starting to set buds at this point and just a few fan leaves on the bottom of each plant have yellowed and are dying. Is this normal at that stage. They have been given 1 teaspoon of maxigrow and molasses in a gallon of h2o for 6 seconds every other third day only twice. Plain water every third day for all other waterings. I've fried autos with fox farm grow big last time and I am avoiding that altogether. Is this normal and I don't need to add any N to the plants. I have 4 sour bubbly, 2 deep blue C and 2 Heisenberg specials going. I just can't get my final 2 empty pot to sprout the triangle kush. I fucking suck at germinating seeds and have forever.

bigAl25

Veteran
Ok, Mitch and the boys or maybe girls after Oprah's speech last night, deserve some love for their auto strains. I tried autos for the first time last year and did not do a good job with them. I treated them like the photo fems I used to grow. Bad mistake on my part. I am doing better this time and remember less in more with autos. The most immature plant is their Triangle Kush and it has the best structure of all. Photos of Sour bubbly, Heisenberg Special and the Kush. Getting close at 9 and 7 weeks sour bubbly and Heisenberg Special respectively. Wonderful aromas coming out now on the sour bubbly. I'll show some more photos when they are harvested. Pots, lights, and soil are addressed earlier. Water and slight feed every 4 days. I'm liking the results so far.

Attachments

• DD
    DD
    48.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 99

bigAl25

Veteran
I've got to add this, As you wait for your plants to attain the peak of maturity, I now find that having an oz of some good ganja helps you continue to water flush and feed them as along as it takes. The published days to harvest by breeders is an estimate and almost always takes longer to get it right for your grow. These are organic soil comments because I do not grow hydro, I'm sure that is quicker. Take a hit, hold it and say, they can go another week, I feel fine. Peace and respect, everything is IRIE Mon.

Just grew a dozen or so of your chemdog autos. Nice work sir! They all had a bit of the dawg / diesel funk, 3/15 were all funk (no underlying sweetness like the others). Every plant was damn near perfect in terms of flower structure. Made some fantastic rosin for personal use from it--really high quality, terp-rich. It was our second time running your seeds for personal use. We are a tough crowd when it comes to fellow breeders, but you're churning out really good seeds dude--thank you and please keep up the great work!

Just grew a dozen or so of your chemdog autos. Nice work sir! They all had a bit of the dawg / diesel funk, 3/15 were all funk (no underlying sweetness like the others). Every plant was damn near perfect in terms of flower structure. Made some fantastic rosin for personal use from it--really high quality, terp-rich. It was our second time running your seeds for personal use. We are a tough crowd when it comes to fellow breeders, but you're churning out really good seeds dude--thank you and please keep up the great work!

If you liked Chemdogging, you'll love Creme de le Chem. Comic Queen is also raved about, but I have yet to grow one.

bigAl25

Veteran
Here's my photo update on my Sour Bubbly, Heisenberg Special and Deep blue C at 81 and 74 days respectively. I'm really happy with then and checking the trics every watering and waiting for some amber to appear. Lovely aromas and great structure on these autos. I didn't fuck them up by over fert like I did on my first auto grow and I switched to Mephisto after some research. It paid off.

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 98
Nice grow bigAl, plants look great. Fwiw I've had sour crack go 90 days without amber and that's supposed to be a 65 day strain. They may be good to go.

bigAl25

Veteran
Roasty, Do you wait for the amber, or take them when they are cloudy only? With my fems in the past I always waited until some amber showed up on the trics. None of the strains have amber at the moment, just cloudy and clear trics. They are all 3 going over the time frame Mephisto published for the strains. Your 90 day sour crack may be were I end up with all three of these. Thanks for your help.

bigAl25

Veteran
I'm really happy with these girls so far and don't mind waiting as long as it takes with these autos. Sour bubbly, Heisenberg special and deep blue Cs.:peacock:

Attachments

• 20151007 204634
    20151007 204634
    66.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0251.jpg
    IMG_0251.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 110

Goldslug

Part 2 - b)

With transportation now sorted we set about converting the basement into a grow room. It wasn't underground on all sides, as the house is raised. This meant it would be a great place with some tinkering to stay cool in summer and warm in winter which will enable steady year round growth and continuation of projects.

Tooled up
View Image

We like stepladders.
View Image

We set about constructing a veg room, a cutting station which houses mothers, a tent room for projects, and a decent sized flowering room (5k at present which is to be upped with some Gavita products soon)

Having done several basement/cellar conversions in the past (for none growing related reasons) , I knew we would require good damp proofing, and came to learn there is no such thing in Spain, luckily due to some foresight I had brought a roll over from England.
This proved very wise, as we later found out, we are in a basin, and with heavy storms, the water will flow down the mountain for several days after, running off, and unfortunately into our basement, but that room was perfect after a triple layer on the floor and a layer behind the walls.

Mid build:
View Image

How we found out this though, was pretty much what was to me, the most stressful day we have had here. It had been raining heavily for several days, all was good and we had been mindful to check. The following happens rarely, but electrical storms in the distance can cause a power outage, this has happened less times than I can count on one hand in the entirety of us being here, anyway about midday there was one, so I went down to the basement to check. Water was pooling in the entrance.., not a good sign. I went through the tent room and it was flooded. Balls. I alerted our Tim, and we set about a swift clean up operation. Stage one was to get everything off the ground and the water soaked up/drained away. Whilst I was on that task, Tim was going to dig some trenches to divert the water running down from the mountain away from the basement.
Our vehicle was parked outside of the basement, and needed moving so a trench could be dug, I had my hands full, so handed the keys to Tim (who ordinarily doesn't drive), he moved the car up the drive. I heard it stop, and thought, good lad..all good. He came back, 'mate, the keys are stuck, I can't get them out', I said there's a trick to it, just push the section around the keys in, turn to the point where the marks match up, and they slip out. So off he went, 2 minutes later, 'I still can't do it, you'll have to come and do it'. So I left my post, and walked up our (steeply inclined drive).
I have no clue how it happened but they were stuck, I jiggled them, and the steering wheel, and in a second, maybe, I knocked it with my elbow, it was so quick, but the car got knocked into neutral, and instantly started rolling back. Tim was behind me, I was half in/half out of the car, door open, I started running with the car, but had no choice but to duck out of the way and avoid the door.
The door met with a tree, the tree won. The car was finally halted by careering into the dog/pig kennels. The car won that one.
So picture a scene of devastation, door creased, deformed, battered, us boys in disbelief, wet through with rain. Pig/dog kennels with a post from the chain-link fencing uprooted from the concrete. And whilst we were absorbing that, and actually being thankful neither of us had been run over, our new and very little piglet saw a chance to breakout and abscond.
Note to the wise: You can't catch a little pig in the rain. We always thought any damage to the car would occur on the roads and be the fault of a Spanish driver with their hair on fire, not at our own hands. So that tri-fector of calamities had me nearly at a breaking point.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, several lessons were learnt, the piglet returned to her home, I fixed the car, and the tents are now raised off the ground with a proper drain in that room.

Work in progress: *note plants in the middle on the walk way, are males being moved.
View Image

When the grow-room was built, and plants were in full swing during run 1, we set about constructing outdoor facilities which I will begin Part 3 with.

OMG LOOK SUPER