What's new

Mister D's Vertical Redemption

sgapetti

Veteran
excellent fratello, looking forward for the run with the cmh , and everything else you are up to really:biggrin: Kudos to you

Peace S

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
12 on a 9 week strain haha. I have a 7 week at 10 now because I messed up the flush date. Glad to hear you did't lose the genetics. Had a friend through some clones into the compost and they took off. That's why it is called weed I guess.

Room looks great.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE> So the one of craziest things I've had happen in my grow career happened the other day. I have a garbage can I use for breaking down root balls, leaf, and remixing used media. When I got out of jail I was kind of pissed about all the lost clones so I just tossed them in the garbage can to make room for replacements. I tossed the lid on it and forgot about them until a couple days ago. When I opened it back up to start loading the SRGB's I was quite surprised to find several of the clones had come back to life. Pretty cool in and of itself, but it gets better. Among the clones I thought lost were the ultimate strawberry diesel, and strawberry DD. Also acquired though top secret channels . Anyway, fucking stoked that they some how lived!

So now you should call it "Garbage Diesel!" LOL nice one Mister D, I was just chatting with Anti and we BOTH want to know the manufacturer's name of the VAPE PEN with those cartridges?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
12 on a 9 week strain haha. I have a 7 week at 10 now because I messed up the flush date. Glad to hear you did't lose the genetics. Had a friend through some clones into the compost and they took off. That's why it is called weed I guess.

Room looks great.

Holy crap I thought you had died???:biggrin:

D

DHF

Hope things are headed your way Bro......Good luck in upcoming runs........

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.....

Mister_D

Veteran
Absolutely wild. Excellent news. Things are looking great for you.

Honestly thought I was having a peyote flashback when I first opened the lid. Had 4 out of 70-80 clones come back to life, what are the odds of that? Added, what are the odds among those 4 two were USD and strawberry DD? Astronomical i'm sure, guess the universe is leaning in my favor atm :biggrin:.

Pulling up a chair and taking notes. Your CMH setup is the kind of thing that I am dreaming of building in the next 12 months.

Enjoy the reading, then ask any questions you may have. Glad to have you on board. I've been studying CMH for a couple years. A couple growers I respect have been using them. All have given there stamp of approval, so I had to try them myself.

Nice looking shit going on in here.

What kinda pump do you use to run a rig like that?

:thank you: I use a 500 GPH to pump from nutes from the lower/main res (65 gal) to the upper res (25 gal.) 24/7. The upper res has an overflow that is piped back into the lower res. This keeps everything mixed and aerated. I feed the plants from the upper res via flexzilla (green hose) manifold with 1/4" lines running to each individual plant. Very similar to how blumats are setup. Lawn sprinkler solenoids hooked up to a DRT-1 control how much water is let into the manifold (i.e. open solenoid for 30 secs. gravity carries water from upper res through the solenoid, into the manifold, then out the 1/4" lines to the plants, solenoid closes, repeat as necessary). I originally bought a haward solenoid (industrial version of a lawn solenoid) for this, but it got put to use in the the breeding room. I have sense figured out how to use the much cheaper lawn solenoids in the same way. There is detailed pictures of the res and manifold setup earlier in the thread. I'll be taking pics of the lawn solenoid setup sometime in the next week. Let me know if you need something more specific.

Dopeness on the clones.

Like what I see. I wanna do a rack run everytime I see one.

You should! Though I gotta admit your trees really make me wanna setup some ppks in my big room. One thing at a time though. Well actually for me it's usually about 20 things at one time, but I digress

excellent fratello, looking forward for the run with the cmh , and everything else you are up to really Kudos to you

Peace S

Glad to see you see around brother :huggg:. I watching your thread very closely also. Very interested to see how your breeding experiment turns out.

Room looks great.

Thanks Ich, I intend to show bobble how they should be grown ;)

RE> So the one of craziest things I've had happen in my grow career happened the other day. I have a garbage can I use for breaking down root balls, leaf, and remixing used media. When I got out of jail I was kind of pissed about all the lost clones so I just tossed them in the garbage can to make room for replacements. I tossed the lid on it and forgot about them until a couple days ago. When I opened it back up to start loading the SRGB's I was quite surprised to find several of the clones had come back to life. Pretty cool in and of itself, but it gets better. Among the clones I thought lost were the ultimate strawberry diesel, and strawberry DD. Also acquired though top secret channels . Anyway, fucking stoked that they some how lived!

So now you should call it "Garbage Diesel!" LOL nice one Mister D, I was just chatting with Anti and we BOTH want to know the manufacturer's name of the VAPE PEN with those cartridges?

Garbage Diesel! lol love it, not going to go renaming world famous clone onlys though :laughing:. Manufacturer is "Ego" for the battery, "C upgrade" is the model, "kanger" makes the cartomizers. You can use almost any ecig battery (as long as it has "510" thread, most do) Same with the cartomizers. If you want to purchase this setup just google "ego c upgrade" for the battery (~35 bucks) and "kanger cartomizer 3.7-4.1 ohm" (~12 bucks)

Hope things are headed your way Bro......Good luck in upcoming runs........

Peace....Freds..........

Things are going well bro. I'll be getting to that other thing we discussed probably next week, maybe sooner.

D

DaveTheNewbie

I feed the plants from the upper res via flexzilla (green hose) manifold with 1/4" lines running to each individual plant. Very similar to how blumats are setup. Lawn sprinkler solenoids hooked up to a DRT-1 control how much water is let into the manifold (i.e. open solenoid for 30 secs. gravity carries water from upper res through the solenoid, into the manifold, then out the 1/4" lines to the plants, solenoid closes, repeat as necessary).

so you basically had a blumat setup, removed the blumats and put in a solenoid instead? Are you still trying to feed to need or are you going DTW now?

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Do you get relatively equal pressure/output at each line?

Or are you just running the hell out of them so ensure that weaker output lines are saturating well enough?

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I am curious on this as well. My last room is large enough to do racks, with multiple level feeds, but I am concerned with pressure issues.
I know a lot of "systems" get tweaked from their original conception. Are there any hard and fast discoveries that you want to share with us folks about to embark on multi level timed feeds?
Thanks in advance bro!

D,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, glad you and momma are good. Came to check the thread as I been mia for a few weeks, shit those neglected ladies turned out better than alot of other ChuckeeCheez grows you see online. Stay safe and keep the roscoe close, I grew up in south Texas and saw alot of bs go down with people minding their business, square people at that. Whose Romulan cut is that?, looks nice! Be easy buddy

Mega I remember a strain in the 90s called Tang or Tange in Miami, it was pure fucking sativa, real hazy, wonder if its related to that SC Tangerine Haze? I'd kill for some of those genetics if it is similar.

Mister_D

Veteran
so you basically had a blumat setup, removed the blumats and put in a solenoid instead? Are you still trying to feed to need or are you going DTW now?

Exactly. There's a lot of info on how the manifold, reses, etc came together earlier in the thread (when I got blumats). The only thing that changed is I removed the blumats and replaced them with 1/4" drip line. Oh and added a solenoid to turn the water on and off. I am setup for DTW just in case I need to flush faster or correct overfeeding, etc. The goal will be to remain as it always has been minimal to no waste. Just wanted the option there in case I need it.

Or are you just running the hell out of them so ensure that weaker output lines are saturating well enough?

I am curious on this as well. My last room is large enough to do racks, with multiple level feeds, but I am concerned with pressure issues.
I know a lot of "systems" get tweaked from their original conception. Are there any hard and fast discoveries that you want to share with us folks about to embark on multi level timed feeds?
Thanks in advance bro!

Because everything is gravity fed, and all lines (flexzilla and 1/4") are/have to be equal length. Water takes path of least resistance so pressure remains equal while filling the lines, unlike a pump. This ensures every plant gets close to the same amount of nutes every feeding. The plants towards the bottom do get slightly more, but the difference is minimal. A few tidbits that I've learned while building these.......

1. Flexzilla is your best friend :biggrin: (love that stuff, credit to bobble for finding it)

2. Equal lengths of everything! Can't stress enough how important this is. Find the longest possible run from manifold to plant. Then cut 1/4" for every other plant this same length, even if you have to coil up hose for plants closer to the manifold. This is how you keep even pressure. Did I mention it's important?

3. Ball valve/shut off valves. Do not under estimate the usefulness of these. I have one on each individual plant. This allows me to vary the amount of plants in the room with a simple twist, or to remove/add a plant without affecting anything else. I also have them in the flexzilla at strategic locations, i.e right after the upper res.

4. Implement the system properly and ask yourself why you ever tried using pumps on drippers in the first place :biggrin:. Gravity fed FTMFW.

D,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, glad you and momma are good. Came to check the thread as I been mia for a few weeks, shit those neglected ladies turned out better than alot of other ChuckeeCheez grows you see online. Stay safe and keep the roscoe close, I grew up in south Texas and saw alot of bs go down with people minding their business, square people at that. Whose Romulan cut is that?, looks nice! Be easy buddy

Welcome back junior :tiphat:. Appreciate the condolences and complements. Can't exactly call myself a square, but I try really hard to stay out of the shit these days. The romulan, well to be honest i'm not sure. I got it as "joes cut", but greensupreme told me yesterday it's not. So at this point I honestly have no idea what it is, it's fuckin good shit though.

whatthe215

Veteran
sounds like gravity feeding is the new thang. gonna look back through your thread for some more info later. :) peace!

A buddy a mine used to run a Romulan but it was a different cut, super fire though had to use a grinder. Wasn't referring to you as a square D, got too much respect for you too do that.

D

DaveTheNewbie

Exactly. There's a lot of info on how the manifold, reses, etc came together earlier in the thread (when I got blumats). The only thing that changed is I removed the blumats and replaced them with 1/4" drip line. Oh and added a solenoid to turn the water on and off. I am setup for DTW just in case I need to flush faster or correct overfeeding, etc. The goal will be to remain as it always has been minimal to no waste. Just wanted the option there in case I need it.

so its one very simple evolution away from blumats. I have my equivalent of flexzilla hose in different sizes, and every line is exact same length. I could try a manifold as a blumat replacement as im not happy with blumats either. Right now im experimenting with PPK and maxis, but this is a plan D (or E or F or whatever im up to now)

bobblehead

Veteran

I've built many different feed systems... with equal length tubing, ball valves, pressure regulating drippers, pumps, gravity fed etc... NONE of it works 100% to get an exact amount to each plant site equally. NONE. Good enough is all you're gonna get.

Because of this, I believe that beds are better than bags... and we should irrigate to the point of every bed/pot achieving runoff. To do this, there has to be a drain in place.

Just some of my observations from shooting myself in the foot oh so many times over the past couple years...