What's new

Mendocino Madness outdoor reviews?

ghost of sage

Critical mass

Critical mass

This is august 25th!All of these will be ready by 20th Sept at the lastest!

Attachments

• dxd 004
    dxd 004
    99.2 KB · Views: 14
  • august 25th 010.jpg
    august 25th 010.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 13
  • august 25th 011.jpg
    august 25th 011.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 14

crfhonda

Is the mold resistance good on the critical mass?? A good strin with a finishing date of around sept 15th would be reefermans Seawarp. It's done the 2nd week of september

patriofarmer

What type of finishing dates are you looking for??

FP grew it because of early frost in the high desert. I would agree there are better strains but the finish time I believe was Sept 15th or around there. He wanted a potent strain that harvested early. He didn’t have to worry about mold that’s one reason I never grew it I do.

What strains would you suggest in that harvest window always have my ears open?

I know a strain that finishes by sept 20, and no mold at all. but not allowed to talk about it here.

I did not experience mold from MM but was disapointed with the finish time as well as the final product. Bottom line I thought the smoke was the weakest in every respect, compared to 6 other strains all in the same spot.

Ghostofsage, that is unbelievably early. Great looking plants. Let us know how it smokes, I really need to make a decision on the rest of this pack.

hamstring

Veteran
I know a strain that finishes by sept 20, and no mold at all. but not allowed to talk about it here.

Hey guerilla I know they (IC Mag) can be a little picky about other MJ sites but never seen them say boo about mentioning strains. There is a sticky in this forum by Backcountry with many many different strains mentioned and their characteristics.
No need to mention the breeder just the strain name if that helps.

Love to hear about any strains geared to northern guerillas climate conditions. I am at 42 deg North and mold is certainly a big consideration so I am all ears

patriofarmer

Hey guerilla I know they (IC Mag) can be a little picky about other MJ sites but never seen them say boo about mentioning strains. There is a sticky in this forum by Backcountry with many many different strains mentioned and their characteristics.
No need to mention the breeder just the strain name if that helps.

Love to hear about any strains geared to northern guerillas climate conditions. I am at 42 deg North and mold is certainly a big consideration so I am all ears

I'm a jr. mod elsewhere, so I do not want to ruffle any feathers here. La Confidential finished last year for me the 2nd-3rd week in sept, no mold. The only indica last year to produce in the wettest coldest season I can remember. Ripened about as evenly as anything I've grown, no doubt when it was good to go. The stuff is pretty damn dank.

Thanks again for bumpin this thread hamstring, and getting some info started.

hamstring

Veteran
Patriofarmer

I am glad you grew this outdoors because from the description there is no way to tell this is suited for guerilla growing. You have my interests peeked especially since they offer a female version. If you could offer some of you growing experience on this one it would be much appreciated.

1. I am at 42 deg in the Midwest US. Lat can make a huge difference in harvest time what lat you growing at?
2. Did you grow from clones or seeds? Female seeds?
3. What date did they hit the ground?
4. Did they hit the ground or was it containers, swamp tubes etc?
5. Size and yield? The description said yield was not large which is ok if we are talking 1/4lb or more under that iffy?
6. Trimming, leafy, easy?

Big Book Of Buds Vol 3 - LA Confidential

The mother of this Variety comes from California by way Afghanistan same as the father he was Afghan too. This strain as we know it is 100% indica

Growth Factors
Her most suitable environment is indoors but can be grown in greenhouse or outdoor. Our preferred method of growing this strain is in everything. The LA Confidential likes all medium's Hydro, Coco Beds, Soil, NFT systems it's all good. But we usually like to veg our plant's 3-4 weeks depending on the strain. Less is more in our book, bigger plants less Numbers of plants

We like to use the organic nutrients, but all nutrients are ok, as long as flushed properly.

This LA Confidential has a short flowering time and is not the biggest yielding strain we have either. The average flower time on her is 46 to 56 days indoor, outdoor she finishes in late September early October. Average height of this plant using our grow methods at the beginning of flower stage is between 3 to 4 feet and at the end of flowering she will stand not much more then a foot taller. Her yield when using our grow methods is 300-500 grams per sq. meter.

Description
As the LA Confidential slowly moves through its growth stages we notice that she has popcorn like buds that are very dense and dark green to almost black sometimes at the end of flowering. This strain has great strengths when it come to resisting powdery white mildew and can be grown in hot conditions. This Plant is one of our favorites "Head Stash" its all about the quality of this strain, great taste, great smell, great high its an all around winner. Any one can grow the LA expert or beginner she is for everyone!

When she is ready for smoke her appearance is rock hard nugs that smell extremely tasty. The Quality of this herb is a heavy high for sure more down then up, but you feel awake to do as you need throughout the day/night just be prepared to be high for a while.

patriofarmer

Patriofarmer

I am glad you grew this outdoors because from the description there is no way to tell this is suited for guerilla growing. You have my interests peeked especially since they offer a female version. If you could offer some of you growing experience on this one it would be much appreciated.

1. I am at 42 deg in the Midwest US. Lat can make a huge difference in harvest time what lat you growing at?
2. Did you grow from clones or seeds? Female seeds?
3. What date did they hit the ground?
4. Did they hit the ground or was it containers, swamp tubes etc?
5. Size and yield? The description said yield was not large which is ok if we are talking 1/4lb or more under that iffy?
6. Trimming, leafy, easy?

1. About the same, east coast.
2. Seeds, female.
3. May 15th give or take a few days
4. Ground, amended organically.
5. Little over five feet, tied over and bushy. Yield was not much, maybe what you guessed per.
6. Not leafy at all. Covered in crystals, evenly ripened. Not a spot of mold on them. Other strains had a small bit.

It did not seem to be the first to flower, but sure was the first to finish. Last season was a disapointment because of horrible rainy weather, so it could easily have yielded more.

The potency would be a 7.5. The flavor and aroma are what makes this grass. Undescribable, but very good.

hamstring

Veteran
PF
Hey guerrilla thanks for the strain report this will be one that I will try. Last year was nothing but rain here too so I know what you are talking about.

A 5ft plant with only 1/4 lb per is a small yield and the description matches your comments. Little popcorn style buds but rock hard. It’s a trade off worth looking at especially if trimming is a breeze. I like the short stature also, the large plants like WW are fun to look at but huge security risk. I really appreciate the heads up on this strain. I hope you stick around for next season so we can talk LA Confidential.

Any pics from last or this season to share??

patriofarmer

PF
Any pics from last or this season to share??

Aug 3rd week 09.

picture.php

Indoor looks exactly like breeders pics.

picture.php

I will say that they are not the best guerilla strain, but what I got outside from this was mold free and Dank! Good luck if you decide to give it a shot.

You can find my grow this year if you look a bit.

ghost of sage

I am having mold issues

I am having mold issues

ghost
They look great tell me more about your experience with CM.
Potency
Mold resistance
yeild

i am having problems now with mold and I cut a week to week and a half early but there was one pheno of these that was done the last week of august.I had two plants of this early pheno that yeilded lil over a elbow and a half.Also,if you wanna know how strong the smoke is go over to the mr nice forums and go into the critical mass strain base thread and read my post there as it is rather long about my experience from vaping the CM,seriously strong herb and all I had was maybe 5% amber on this particular bottom bud.Hamstring the thing about the CM that is so good is just how friggin fast it blows up once it starts fully flowering,this plant is scarey fast.

hamstring

Veteran
Aug 3rd week 09.

picture.php

Indoor looks exactly like breeders pics.

picture.php

I will say that they are not the best guerilla strain, but what I got outside from this was mold free and Dank! Good luck if you decide to give it a shot.

You can find my grow this year if you look a bit.

Cant see the pics for some reason I will do some research as you suggested.
Thanks

hamstring

Veteran
i am having problems now with mold and I cut a week to week and a half early but there was one pheno of these that was done the last week of august.
I had two plants of this early pheno that yeilded lil over a elbow and a half.
Also,if you wanna know how strong the smoke is go over to the mr nice forums and go into the critical mass strain base thread and read my post there as it is rather long about my experience from vaping the CM,seriously strong herb and all I had was maybe 5% amber on this particular bottom bud.Hamstring the thing about the CM that is so good is just how friggin fast it blows up once it starts fully flowering,this plant is scarey fast.

WOW!!! very nice thanks for info .

hamstring

Veteran
Patriofarmer

Hey brother I checked out your 2010 grow at the other site. Real nice location there in the briars. I didn’t see any LA Confidential picks unless I misunderstood the abbreviations.
RKS, PPP, OG Skunk, Rocklock.

I didn’t take the time to sign up maybe that’s why I couldn’t get the search function to work. Anyways thanks for the info and when you get some time, and I know it will be tough because harvest is just around the corner, take some harvest pics of the LA Con.

patriofarmer

Patriofarmer

Hey brother I checked out your 2010 grow at the other site. Real nice location there in the briars. I didn’t see any LA Confidential picks unless I misunderstood the abbreviations.
RKS, PPP, OG Skunk, Rocklock.

I didn’t take the time to sign up maybe that’s why I couldn’t get the search function to work. Anyways thanks for the info and when you get some time, and I know it will be tough because harvest is just around the corner, take some harvest pics of the LA Con.

Can you see them now? I selected private by mistake in the album when uploading. Sorry about that, I don't post much here need to learn how to navigate this place.

To be clear I was/am not panning for traffic over there, this is a cool place to hang and I don't want to p=off the good people in charge.

You are correct I have not posted any pics of La yet this year in that thread. I have a few clones this year that I rarely take pics because of location, they are doing nicely.

Hopefully you can see the pics I posted here now.

hamstring

Veteran
patriofarmer
Hey brother thanks for the reply and yes I can see the pics now. It wouldnt bother me if you had a link to the other site. I am positive most people on this site are also members of others. I hangat UDG and until recently no one said boo about linking or mentioning other sites. Not sure what the big deal is but I just roll with the flow and let the omnipitant ones make the rules. Just gald to be here.

Patriofarmer
Hey brother thanks for the reply and yes I can see the pics now. It wouldn’t bother me if you had a link to the other site. I am positive most people on this site are also members of others. I hang over at UDG and until recently no one said boo about linking or mentioning other sites. Not sure what the big deal is but I just roll with the flow and let the omnipotent ones make the rules. Just glad to be here.

Thanks for the pic I can see she’s not a huge producer. The main cola looks good but the side branching looks a little empty is that the way she always is? I think I will have to get a couple of fem packs to see for myself if nothing else it will be some head stash.

Have you crossed it with anything yet?

Love to see some more picks of the clone, nice grow and glad to have here at IC mag.

patriofarmer

Thanks for the pic I can see she’s not a huge producer. The main cola looks good but the side branching looks a little empty is that the way she always is? I think I will have to get a couple of fem packs to see for myself if nothing else it will be some head stash.

Have you crossed it with anything yet?

Love to see some more picks of the clone, nice grow and glad to have here at IC mag.

It's all headstash as far as I'm concerned, my friend. Will get some harvest pics for you for sure. Now I'm getting worried after vouching for this strain so heavily I may have jinxed myself.

If you go with a pack I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. People I know swear by White widow outdoors, my experience has been not as great...so it's always a crap shoot I guess.

It is not great to clone, it seems and these are the last run from that pack,unfortunately. I did not make any seeds with them, as they were from a femmed pack. Hopefully getting a standard 13 pack in the future and make some seeds.

Thanks, there is alot of good info here. I have been over that outdoor strainbase so many times, great thread. IDK after seeing and reading GOS's info there may be another strain to be looking at as well.