What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Megayields & Anti's Excellent Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
You guys should go check out Veg's thread in the outdoor section. He does it big, real big. Veg can be a little callous, but mostly helpful and right imo. I read some scientific papers on ventilation too, with extraction and circulation both shown to be important. Laminar and turbulent airflow or something like that...

I'm tagged on his thread and many others. I try not to talk shit. I'm THRILLED he wants to chime in and help - if that's what he's doing. What I didn't like was the confrontational "you'll be sorry!" way he phrased it. (And I said as much.)

If anybody here is reading my posts as if I think I know everything, please take the time to read the small print in my signature line.

Thanks to everybody for their thoughts, ideas, suggestions, criticisms and most of all for your interest and support.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
yeah sometimes you might find (as i did as well as a friend who ran another dudes property) that sometimes you have to reach in your own pocket to get some things done right...

I feel ya.

My plan for the moment is to get the extraction and mister in and then see what the situation is looking like.

I'm going to put some inexpensive temp/humidity monitors throughout the greenhouse so we can keep an eye on the different sections of the greenhouse to ensure that we don't have just the kind of issues that Veg is worried about.

Heres an experiment you can do...hang some flagging tape from various parts of the gh turn your fans on, youll see that the tape isnt fluttering very hard. Now imagine the space full of trees...

I actually really like and appreciate this suggestion. I will definitely do this. Thank you.

If we need them, I have no problem adding some circulation fans. I'm just waiting to see if I need them at the moment. Circulation fans are WAAAAY cheaper than the exhaust fans.

I'll buy them myself if it comes to it.

silver hawaiian

Veteran
Holy f*ck some of these posts make my head asplode. If the irony in here ain't palpable to most'a ya, ..

mega and Anti, just curious - what's the combined GH experience between y'all?

DHF mentioned it wasn't your first rodeo, and we all know the two'a ya's have grown some fine indoor cheeba.

I understand growin' dope is growin' dope ('cept it ain't), but as per the emphasis on environment, environment ain't environment. A walk-in cooler is gonna behave differently than a grow tent in a basement which'll behave differently than a bedroom.

Just curious if y'all have any experience/reference for dialing an environment in a GH. Regardless, I'm excited for the reference & knowledge we'll all get as a result of yours! :)

bobblehead

Veteran
Let's not muck up another EPIC thread with bullshit. Everyone play nice please Mega and Anti are two of the nicest guys around here. Let's leave their thread intact.

Constructive criticism.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
Heres an experiment you can do...hang some flagging tape from various parts of the gh turn your fans on, youll see that the tape isnt fluttering very hard. Now imagine the space full of trees...

Thinking about what you've said so far ... Where I work we have a really big greenhouse with the two fans and aspen pads. With the fans going it seems like your standing next to a B-17. But when you're inside the building it's not that noticeable of a breeze. Now I'll have to make a point of standing in different places in there to check the air currents.

Seems everyone has been testy the last couple weeks, myself included. Veg N Out, I appreciate your efforts to communicate and not let the raised hackles prevent you from sharing experience and trying to help.

Last edited:
V

Veg N Out

Hey Anti I am not trying to be confrontational when I tell you You'll be sorry! It's not like I am going to come kick over a plant out of anger if you don't put up circulation fans, noooo..You'll be sorry because you'll have to explain to an investor why his ROI i ysn't coming in correct at the end of the year due to mold , PM etc.,

Just want to see you do well...You'll see for yourself if you do the experiment I suggested that there is little to no air flow through your structure. Yes if you roll the sides up now because it is relatively empty you will see some movement on the tape but roll the sides down and try...The row of plants along the edges will become windbreaks deep in flower.

@CrusaderRabbit - It is going to take a lot more than some literary diarrhea from DHF to get me up in arms..It would be one thing if I was spreading misinformation or giving 2nd or 3rd hand "grow bro" experience as some people do...But I know what I'm telling Anti and Mega to be solid information that comes from Just doing it...Like Nike..

Hey anti, what are the fungus fighting bennies you talked about?

Are you going to do any foliar spraying for bugs, diseases, mold? Is defoliation something you're going to utilize?

I like how the walls roll up, a LEO(inspector) here told me if he can walk into it it's not enclosed. I was thinking i would have to put chain link fence around the whole thing in order to be able to do this...

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey anti, what are the fungus fighting bennies you talked about?

Are you going to do any foliar spraying for bugs, diseases, mold? Is defoliation something you're going to utilize?

I like how the walls roll up, a LEO(inspector) here told me if he can walk into it it's not enclosed. I was thinking i would have to put chain link fence around the whole thing in order to be able to do this...

Their is a 8' high wind break fence surrounding the GH and farther off a brand new security fence and gate, noone will be allowed in even without being buzzed in at a gate 450 yards down the hill...and in "line of sight"

Nice azz setup...quick ? ....is it more harder than easier to pull @ least 1# out of 30 gallons with 8-10 weeks veg outdoors??? I know several factors play a role but generally speaking...thanks ahead..GG

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran 45's outdoor last year in really bad sunlight, one plant (Sam the Skunkman strain) came close to hitting 1 unit, with2to 2.5 months of Veg time, AND all day sun you should be close depending on your strain also.

W

willyweed

Their is a 8' high wind break fence surrounding the GH and farther off a brand new security fence and gate, noone will be allowed in even without being buzzed in at a gate 450 yards down the hill...and in "line of sight"
hiya how far away is the 8' wind break fence from the poly tunnel and does it run parallel down both sides and across the ends please? the reason i ask is because if it does, imo it would push some real tricky winds against the roof when the sides were up,only a thought as i worked on a nursery for a few years and we had this prob when very windy,took the roof a couple of times,not totally but enough to be a real big pain ! good luck and so looking forward to seeing this one get busy:) willyweed

R

ramblin man

love the GH, nothing like watching the grass grow ! I would suggest giving each plant a 6 ft. radius, air flow is key and even at this spacing it will be tight,also place shorter growing plants on the sides (head room) . As far as your roll up sides, there will be days that you cannot open or they are open and you have to scramble and close, when you start putting weight on- hate to see broken limbs. Be extra vigilant with pest and disease. Say hello to the girls !!!

D

DJXXPLATINUM

MEGA AND ANTI........JUS BADASS.......BE PULLN UP A CHAIR FOR THIS ONE...DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.