What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Out of the doctor's office. It went well, lots of questions. Told him I had to see the surgeon Tuesday of next week. He said Wednesday he would pull my charts. Wife ran us by sonic, got tater tots with chili and cheese, a ultimate meat and cheese burrito and if course a Dr pepper. Now by the store to get some supply and back by the pharmacy then I'll be bored as hell back at the house. O-well at least I am home. Wound is looking pretty good but I'll be on the antibiotics for a good while, and possibly the rest of my like. Don't know if I can handle that, I need a beer and a margarita.
My spouse is on antibiotics for life, no more margaritas for her, some antibiotics are OK to drink with some not. It worked out well for us, I can no longer drink because of medications. Must feel good to be out and about to a degree.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I am one tired mo-fo. Got everything done including edging my front yard. First time of the year is murder. I have a older edger and lots of grass and turf grows out on to the sidewalk over the fall and winter. But It's done. I ain't doing nothing the rest of the day except getting loaded.

Jacuzzi is gonna feel extra good today. Probably won't be able to move afterwords. '

I do have a bit of gardening left but there is always tomorrow. Trimming mothers ..... no big deal.

RPH

Now that is some amazing and useful technology right there! It's like a smart meter for you instead of your house. Anything that keeps you from going back to hospital for monitoring...great invention!
I use my son for any new technical/computer assistance also!

jokerman

Premium user
Oh - it works - the green 💚 light comes on -
No offense Brother ,I have loved the Beatles, Stones,Sting and Petula Clark my whole life so Im not prejudice.
But as a electrician I must say your voltages and plug configurations leave a lot to be desired.
I was in Sydney at the Opera house talking to a electrician who work there and said the same thing.
He said only to a Shelia and said goodbye.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Behave ☝️ You're recovering FFS !😊 ☝️
Yeah - was most disappointed - and a tad more than slightly perturbed - when my wife didn't respond well - to her usual pre-pain-de-sal and butter - tap on her derriere - at breakfast this morning - when usually she gives a little squeal of joy - then taps me back too - (one of our little rituals) - and told me that the male head Philippino nurse called 'Edgar' at St Thomas's Hospital - had warned ⚠️ her not to engage me in any hanky-panky - or it could prove FATAL! - due to my recovering heart condition - so what a bummer 😕 eh? - Jeez -
<looks VERY disconcerted>

oldmaninbc

View attachment 18996105 This gadget came in the post today - from the PACEMAKER people at St Thomas's Hospital - I got the boy to set it up - some sort of relay for heart ❤️ stats on my pacemaker -
View attachment 18996102
My spouses friend had to go into the clinic to have her pacemaker monitored, that's a handy rig to have at home.
my wife told me off/was mad at me for going so far - in my condition - she's just worried I fall - or don't come back the same - bless her - 😀
- I'll get the seedlings 🌱 started in this next week -

About your previous comment, isn't nice to know that someone takes the time to be sincerely concerned about your well being.:)

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240501_132747_2.jpg

They can't turn you off if you're naughty can they @Gypsy Nirvana ?
😆

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Seriously though, I just completed a 34 year sentence working building maintenance for the school board in Florida. I was due for 35 year to retire but I just could'nt stay that last year.
Which made the second time in my life I dropped out of School for better things!
I'm so glad I did... so glad to be away from that atmosphere!
The work was'nt bad, it was similar to what I did before...framing carpenter. Started out building portable class rooms. Then transitioned to a truck crew doing building maintenance in the schools/class rooms.
Having said that I dont place allot of confidence in the student population thats going to run things in the near furture. I watched the school system change from educating children go to indoctrinating them into all this WOKE political and gay agenda which seems like their mission.
I cant believe I'm saying this but one good thing from the faked virus is it showed parents whats been going on in schools for years now. I recommend everyone home school their kids!

Dude , good story , love it!…

and congratulations on your retirement…..i told them to take this job and shove it about 20 years ago…😂

remember this type of indoctrination?

IMG_8819.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My spouses friend had to go into the clinic to have her pacemaker monitored, that's a handy rig to have at home.

About your previous comment, isn't nice to know that someone takes the time to be sincerely concerned about your well being.:)
It's just getting used to being a sorta cripple - I 'spose - when most all my life I've been as fit as the proverbial fiddle - you are right - though - and I do feel fortunate that at least some.people.care -

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
It's just getting used to being a sorta cripple - I 'spose - when most all my life I've been as fit as the proverbial fiddle - you are right - though - and I do feel fortunate that at least some.people.care -

don’t worry Amigo , it gets worse as one ages….the cripple stuff that is….sex is the last apple that falls from the tree so you are good to go there once your pacemaker and you settle into an algorithm thats works….synergies Bro and apparently you got good genes on your side..

keep that chin up Brother , stiff upper lip and all that….

hmmm , makes me wonder , there is so much sexual innuendo in those expressions…

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
You will get back to normal. Give yourself time to heal Gypsy. Remember you aren't a spring chicken anymore. Hanging out on this o'l geezer thread adds years to your life as well......think abut who you are hanging out with........

My fargin back hurts....nothing like a bowl to get me going again.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
don’t worry Amigo , it gets worse as one ages….the cripple stuff that is….sex is the last apple that falls from the tree so you are good to go there once your pacemaker and you settle into an algorithm thats works….synergies Bro and apparently you got good genes on your side..

keep that chin up Brother , stiff upper lip and all that….

hmmm , makes me wonder , there is so much sexual innuendo in those expressions…
Well - I've always had a sorta BAWDY sense of humour - full of sexual innuendo - but not what you might call 'Crude' - particularly - some things are best left to the imagination 😉

- and ya - it's just about accepting the fact that I'm aging - and things do tend to change - rather radically in some instances - so I start grieving for things like being able to carry a fully loaded backpack and march with it for miles - or being able to sprint 🏃‍♂️ down the road - at the drop of a hat etc - 😉 -.I think that it's called 'Accepting Your Own Mortality' -

- and from here on out - its good if I can just maintain - adequate physical and mental health -