What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Megayields & Anti's Excellent Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, the fog machine will be right inside the entrance and then down on the other end (100 ft away) the exhaust will be pulling about 30,000 CFM through the greenhouse. The fog particles are about 40 microns so they will vaporize in the air before they ever sink to the level of the plants. The entire greenhouse will be exhausted about once per minute.

:headbange Dude, that is some serious exhaust. What size fan does that require? Or do you use multiple fans?

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:headbange Dude, that is some serious exhaust. What size fan does that require? Or do you use multiple fans?

2 large ( I mean LARGE) exhaust fans (correct me if I am wrong Anti) they pull about 16,000 cfm each.

We need 30,000 cfm per minute to have proper air exchange.

Im honored to be here. Will be following this. I am Doing a GH this year for the first time so I need lots of inspiration. It seems this is the place to be. Thanks Guys...

theJointedOne

Veteran
Do you need a permit for this type of GH in your hood? Thats a big structure and you mentioned cement right?

Seems youd want to be on the up and up (not saying your not, just curious) so not to have it torn down by pigs with a hard on for busting growers with big gh's...

Yeah make sure tons of air circulation, not just ventilation...

I wonder the electricity cost of running a gh like this....

V

Veg N Out

Ain't no circulation at 30,000 cfm. That's unidirectional.

Theres a major difference between circulation and ventilation. In a greenhouse you need massive amounts of both. I would have at least 10 circulation fans moving the air in a path around the GH. Just sucking and blowing at each end wont do anything for the middle of the 100 ft long structure, especially once the marijuana plants get big, they will act as a wall

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
All this talk of Ventilation but no talk of Circulation...

The air will be traveling in a "straight line" from one end of the greenhouse to the other. The exhaust fan will be pulling the air through. It will pull about 30,000 CFM through the 3,000 sq. ft. greenhouse. I do not think circulation fans are going to be necessary.

In fact, I've never had a circulation fan in any of my grows. I rely on air exchange to "circulate" my air for me.

amannamedtruth

Veteran
The Quest Begins

url

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Theres a major difference between circulation and ventilation. In a greenhouse you need massive amounts of both. I would have at least 10 circulation fans moving the air in a path around the GH. Just sucking and blowing at each end wont do anything for the middle of the 100 ft long structure, especially once the marijuana plants get big, they will act as a wall

There are 8 foot sides on the greenhouse. The top of the roof is nearly 14 ft. The plants are gonna have to get HUGE to make a "wall" that can stop the air flowing.

We are not talking about some vortex fans here. We're talking about a 55" belt-driven exhaust fan with louvers.

V

Veg N Out

You guys are in for a nasty surprise come fall. Good luck. Get some circulators up. A 3000sq ft green house out door is different than a micro cab, but hey, maybe once your stuff gets pm and mold, youll have something to blame it on, right?

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
:jawdrop:you guys are gonna need a bigger disco ball

Several smaller disco balls will provide a better spread...

biglaugh.gif

:laughing:

I'm actually ordering a bigger one. My last one was a 10". The new one will be a 16". So it is a bigger ball, but it's still going to look fucking puny inside this greenhouse.

They make a 48" disco ball that would be about PERFECT but they want $2,000 for it and that definitely ain't in the budget. Not for disco balls, anyway.

View ImageI will have to look in to the fog set up now that I am in Firebaugh they name it right .Do you have any links on the fog set up?.

Check yer PM.

Do you need a permit for this type of GH in your hood? Thats a big structure and you mentioned cement right?

Seems youd want to be on the up and up (not saying your not, just curious) so not to have it torn down by pigs with a hard on for busting growers with big gh's...

Yeah make sure tons of air circulation, not just ventilation...

I wonder the electricity cost of running a gh like this....

No permit required as long as we don't live in it. There's no concrete. We leveled the ground with a tractor last week. Dirt floors.

We are 100% on the up and up here.

Electricity costs without lighting will be somewhere in the realm of 3-5 kw per hour.

Also, there's no "hood" where we are. It's over a mile to the nearest ROAD. The nearest gas station? Fuggetaboutit.

Mister_D

Veteran
There are 8 foot sides on the greenhouse. The top of the roof is nearly 14 ft. The plants are gonna have to get HUGE to make a "wall" that can stop the air flowing.

We are not talking about some vortex fans here. We're talking about a 55" belt-driven exhaust fan with louvers.

You guys have offically taken the title, Kings of maximum bitchin air air flow! :biggrin:

.............. But veg is right, keep an eye out for dead spots in late season. Air likes to do fucked up things in a greenhouse packed with the finest, and mold is a concern with your plant spacing already. Just a friendly reminder to keep a watchful eye :tiphat:

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
You guys are in for a nasty surprise come fall. Good luck. Get some circulators up. A 3000sq ft green house out door is different than a micro cab, but hey, maybe once your stuff gets pm and mold, youll have something to blame it on, right?

Hey... superhero? Go piss in someone else's cheerios.

You wanna make constructive suggestions? Make them. You want to have a pissing contest or measure dicks? Go somewhere else.

What do you know about my environmental conditions? I told you I'd be using evap cooling, that should give you your first clue. If I am not constantly misting RIGHT NOW my humidistat doesn't register.

If you want to make suggestions, offer ideas, point out problems... you are welcome to do so. But don't be a dick about it.

V

Veg N Out

I did that the first time and your know it all attitude prompted my response. You have no idea who you are mouthing off to, you need to take notes ! Again put up some circulators or youll be sorry. Green house full of transpiring plants and wet soil will make for a fucking swamp in the fall...best of luck to you.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
settle down guys....
at my "mega" grow we did as similar thing w the plastic "tents" that were 15 lights long and 3 rows of lights....
i ran a fan at each end of the tent exchanging air, altho i did find that a "boooster" fan in the center of the tent (longwise) was very helpful, just gave the air that extra push at the point that was most far from both other fans....
just an idea,
& anti, you are prolly right that w ENOUGH proper exchange you can forgo circulation (that has been my experience indoors at least...)
BUT
aside from the power draw, there is also really no downside to running some circulating fans, am i wrong?

btw, great thread guys, can't wait to SEE this thing coming together.
:tiphat:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I did that the first time and your know it all attitude prompted my response. You have no idea who you are mouthing off to, you need to take notes ! Again put up some circulators or youll be sorry. Green house full of transpiring plants and wet soil will make for a fucking swamp in the fall...best of luck to you.

Veg...settle down, we are open to all suggestions, remember YOU don't know who you are talking to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.