What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Megayields & Anti's Excellent Adventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Z-ro

Actually Powdery Mildew comes from too dry an environment...fwiw

I was gonna say, the worst pm Ive ever seen consistently comes from high desert conditions, 3000 ft, less than 10 % humidity. You may be above the fog but you will still be in the low clouds from time to time, no way to avoid it.

Would be tight to see some pics of the greeny not just would be plants that are still veggin indoors under insufficient light.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Greenhouse is being built this week....be patient all....I've been waiting for 6 mos.

montroller

Wow and I thought I was trying to go big this year:laughing:

Best of luck to you two this looks like the start of something amazing.

I have been seeing that Holland's Hope all over in the city. I wonder if it will help the CP with mold resistance.

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It is a commercial grade "high-tunnel" with 8' straight sides and a 14' crown, it will include side- venting and ceiling venting, it will use a poly-film that I will let Anti describe because it has some very unique features that I cannot remember at this time....if I am not being detailed it is for a reason, I know some of you understand why.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
It is a commercial grade "high-tunnel" with 8' straight sides and a 14' crown, it will include side- venting and ceiling venting, it will use a poly-film that I will let Anti describe because it has some very unique features that I cannot remember at this time....if I am not being detailed it is for a reason, I know some of you understand why.

You pretty much hit it... I'll try to fill the gaps.

The greenhouse is 30' wide and 100' long with 8' sides and an apex of about 14'.

ss-high-tunnel.jpg

^^^ Not the actual model we ordered, but similar, except ours will be 2.5 times as long ^^^​

The poly is UV absorbing so it helps to regulate temps in the greenhouse plus diffuses the lighting as it enters.

Because we are in a HOT, dry environment we will be using a fog machine and industrial exhaust to cool/humidify things.

Basically, the fog machine will be right inside the entrance and then down on the other end (100 ft away) the exhaust will be pulling about 30,000 CFM through the greenhouse. The fog particles are about 40 microns so they will vaporize in the air before they ever sink to the level of the plants. The entire greenhouse will be exhausted about once per minute.

The vaporization process will provide approximately 16 tons of cooling per hour according to my calculations!

That means that when it's 110F outside, it should be around 85F in the greenhouse.

Anybody who wants to complain that there are no greenhouse pictures should probably just ignore this thread for the next month or so.

:comfort:

I doubt we will put the plants into the greenhouse until June unless we can get the light dep/light sup up in time. (Due to budgetary constraints, light dep/light sup might have to wait until round #2.)

I will put up pictures of the greenhouse being built in the next week or so.

Thanks for all the positive responses so far. We'll do our best to make this a good show for everyone. Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas and criticisms as we go.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
This project ought to keep you off the streets for a few days anyway....lol

Hope you enjoy the project, I know I'll enjoy watching.

gurnt

picture.php
I will have to look in to the fog set up now that I am in Firebaugh they name it right .Do you have any links on the fog set up?.
In this pic it was last part of July. Had the west and east side block with 10 foot lime trees and shade cloth over the top so it dose not need be Totally dark it seam about 25 % of the day they got low light and they flowered. The last 4 weeks of flowering we move indoors and never got sacks just tight buds

So might save some cash by block the side with some $7.oo foam board

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View ImageI will have to look in to the fog set up now that I am in Firebaugh they name it right .Do you have any links on the fog set up?.
In this pic it was last part of July. Had the west and east side block with 10 foot lime trees and shade cloth over the top so it dose not need be Totally dark it seam about 25 % of the day they got low light and they flowered. The last 4 weeks of flowering we move indoors and never got sacks just tight buds

So might save some cash by block the side with some $7.oo foam board

I do not know of any "fog set up" charts Gurnt...possibly sunrise/sunset times might help? Check the table on the Naval Observatory website
Jus google it, for Firebaugh.....( I grew up very close to their, fog should not be much of an issue until October)......good luck.

gurnt

anti posted in post 51 about how you planned to cool with a fog set up. You don't don't need to do Totally dark to get early buds to help with cash flow

megayields

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ohhh our fogger to cool the tunnel...lol....sorry Gurnt TOTALLY misunderstood you.

Last edited:

Mister_D

Veteran
See what happens when i'm out trying to lead a productive life....... miss all the good stuff :biggrin:. Awesome shit bro's can't wait to see what adventures this season brings you two. Definitely subbed in from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.