What's new

Massachusetts Outdoor

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Dude... stake those plants.

When you repot them, drive a good stake in there, wrap the stem and stake with a 6 inch zip tie, and don't cinch it tight so the plant can grow. The zip ties hang on the top set of fan leaves where they meet the stalk, and they stay up.

I came back from a week long trip and found them all happy, but more than twice the size when I left and needed more ties. A big storm came through so I went inside, and when I came out, some had bent over! I added zip ties and they're good now.

Heh, I read someone saying that if you don't stake your plants, you're an amateur. I'm an amateur, and it stuck with me, so I stake my plants!

Thanks for the advice, but I am not ready to stress with the potential for disease and pest just yet. I know of the technique you are speaking of but am looking for a baseline grow for this first outdoor run keeping it as simple as possible. I did the same thing indoor, by not doing any trimming, very minimal training, base nutes in coco with automated feeding just to get to understand why and what I was doing. I think it helped as my second harvest was a lot bigger and better than my first which was nothing to laugh at for a first time :biggrin: as I received many compliments.
Can't wait to start up again in the fall to employ all that I learned from my second grow indoor. Gonna kill it soon as I am very attentive to details take notes and love learning. Also thanks to this great place it looks like I might be able to get some killer genetics which always helps.
Be easy and stay safe out there :smoke out:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
So what are you guys/gals doing for trellis/support of the girls. Mine are getting pretty big so I need to get a plan in place for supporting the hopefully very heavy :biggrin: buds.

Go to the hydro store and get green trellis netting for big bushes.
4' x 12'. Wrap the plants in it just as stretch happens. Use those 8' green metal fense posts and put 2, one on each side, next to the plant and then wrap the trellis around those and the plant. Use twist ties to secure it.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Go to the hydro store and get green trellis netting for big bushes.
4' x 12'. Wrap the plants in it just as stretch happens. Use those 8' green metal fense posts and put 2, one on each side, next to the plant and then wrap the trellis around those and the plant. Use twist ties to secure it.

That sounds much easier, Thanks a bunch:huggg:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'm not sure it's from Ace, as these are from a phenotype that was successfully bred and I don't know where the seeds were from.
I will say this though, it's a very easy strain to grow and really thrives here.
I've thought that if I don't get to the point where I can have seeds from these, I'd be getting some from Ace and then breeding the best performers in my zone for sure. For even a noob, they are just about foolproof.
No pruning except the early leaves at the base of the plant and branches, and they just keep trucking right along. They have such fat wide leaves for a pure sativa. Kind of wild.

I'm no expert, but coming from a first time grower, I recommend this strain so far.
Those sound perfect for a stealth outdoor grow, thanks man.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
As promised:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Enjoy your j I mean day :biggrin:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Those look pretty damned awesome!!!

What strains?

2 White widow, 2 maple leaf indica, and 2 random indica's that I got in a indica seed mix. All from Sensi, all were clones other than the first run of seed. the smoke is pretty good as I have harvested these strains twice indoor. They were about 55-65 day finishers so as long as the weather cooperates I should be good. Definitely looking for better/stronger medicine when I start again in September.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
The girls took a beating yesterday, we got about 3 inches of rain and it was very hard at times. But what doesn't kill them makes them stronger ;) 3 of the tallest were laying down and the most bushy one just kinda flattened a bit. So I had to build some support pronto in the rain. Well I got it mostly done and the plants are back upright with very minimal damage. Had to improvise a bit but still plan on wrapping the plants with mesh when stretch begins. Doesn't seem like we will be getting any sun today but the next sunny day I feel like the girls will have another growth spurt from the stress of being knocked over.

picture.php

picture.php

The two tallest tripods are 11 1/2 feet tall.

S

Scott64a

I guess I'll hold off on watering hahaha... so much damned rain and forecasted for showers all week.

Last edited:

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
UPDATE:

Heres pics of the other garden with 5x GG#4's and a 20gln pot full of autos.
Got a few SLG's out there still in 1gln pots until we figure out where to put them.
Had an extremely late start due to rain and cold weather the first 2 months of the season (May and June).
That small GG4 just got t\p'ed into that growbag. My partner topped it by accident went he stepped on the cup with the clone in it or something.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts