What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Outdoor

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
I have had pre-flowers since before I put them outside as they are all clones of clones from seed that started January 3 of this year. Had 2 indoor harvest of this stock already.
That is my plan, to grow perpetually indoor coco all fall winter and then move outside every spring summer.
Can't wait to see the difference between indoor and out.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Plants seem to be growing again :biggrin: they are preying hard today loving the sun. They have plenty of water as it's been raining almost every day. After putting up tripods and some tying with string the plants are better supported to handle these bad storms.

They look Fuckin' great!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Here's the update July 20. Two out of eight lost, One was storm damage. The other,,, who knows. Survivors looking decent for the first outdoor grow ever. I had a couple of those vines that wrap around the plant and strangle it. They take some time to remove completely.

picture.php
picture.php

Last edited:

marmarb

Looking good Zeez. Have you noticed early signs of flowering have started I'm trying to time my applications of ff trio powders starting with open sesame.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Looking good Zeez. Have you noticed early signs of flowering have started I'm trying to time my applications of ff trio powders starting with open sesame.

No signs of flowering at all. Growth is moderate. Several got topped last week and the response has been great.

geneva_sativa

I had no idea botrytis could attack so early. I thought it was more of an end of the season thing. I'm pretty sure it's what I'm dealing with here.

Dang G_S,

sorry to hear this when I saw you post about it.

As others have shared with you, outdoor grows can break some folks if they wagered too much. . .

. . .all the time, money and effort put in, along with all your hopes and plans for that harvest.

Wishing best, and know that there are some good organic practices that can help prevent such problems.

Hope some other things come through much better for you !

Green Squall

Dang G_S,

sorry to hear this when I saw you post about it.

As others have shared with you, outdoor grows can break some folks if they wagered too much. . .

. . .all the time, money and effort put in, along with all your hopes and plans for that harvest.

Wishing best, and know that there are some good organic practices that can help prevent such problems.

Hope some other things come through much better for you !

Thank you! It's all good though:tiphat: As excited I was for my first outdoor crop, I'm just a hobbyist. I definitely learned a lot and will make some corrections next season, mostly with my soil mix.

Strain selection was also an issue. Freezeland started flowering wayyy to early. I've been doing a little clipping, so maybe I can salvage some of the plant..

Good luck to all you other MA growers. I hope everyone kills it this season!!

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Thank you! It's all good though:tiphat: As excited I was for my first outdoor crop, I'm just a hobbyist. I definitely learned a lot and will make some corrections next season, mostly with my soil mix.

Whoa,wait a minute. Just a hobbyist? Don't underestimate. Look at wine production in CA. The good ones are the small ones. I totally planned on failing the first outdoor grow this year. If it works out, I can only credit luck and good advice. Call it a bonus and indoor ops continue. Last year the August humidity wiped out all kinds of growers.

Matter of fact, I just had two 20amp circuits installed to cover the increased load with a tent air conditioner and extra dehumidifier.

geneva_sativa

Strain selection was also an issue. Freezeland started flowering wayyy to early. I've been doing a little clipping, so maybe I can salvage some of the plant..

Good luck to all you other MA growers. I hope everyone kills it this season!!

A proper soil mix as the basis for prevention is exactly what I was referring to ;)

geneva_sativa

Hey Scott64a,

I have used some of the recipes from the organic soil pages on this site with success.

There is a lot of infos re microlife, CEC, aeration, and ratios of soil mix and mold issues.

Latest posts

Latest posts