What's new

Massachusetts Grow 2020

dufous

I'm forcing a dozen or so Mandala #1 for a mid-July harvest. Satori and Romulan in swamp tube grows will finish end of September. Swamp photos are in Himalayan Ganja's thread.

Attachments

• 001 Mandala #1.jpg
    001 Mandala #1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 002 Mandala #1.jpg
    002 Mandala #1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 17
  • 003 Mandala #1.jpg
    003 Mandala #1.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 15

NENugger

All my seeds this year are from crosses made 2017-2019.

Purple Satellite: one is from last years seeds Vermontman sold thru ACE and the other is a PSxPS cross I made last season. Both recently topped, uppotted and ready for outdoors.

picture.php

6-22 BangiHaze xQueen Mother/Purple Bud
picture.php

Last edited:

NENugger

Early Sexing

Early Sexing

Did a little organizing and cleaning up today. It might get crowded in here before I can figure out who's got the balls.
Broke a good sized branch on one of the GG4s a couple days ago and duck taped it. Looks like it's going to heal up.

View Image

Hey Zeez have you tried early sexing the plants using a loop to view the pre flowers( I think that is what they are called) that usually show at the 5th node? I learned how to grow from all the info here on ICMag and there is a thread about early sexing. Definitely works.
Added Thread. Early Sexing https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=207699

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Hey Zeez have you tried early sexing the plants using a loop to view the pre flowers( I think that is what they are called) that usually show at the 5th node? I learned how to grow from all the info here on ICMag and there is a thread about early sexing. Definitely works.

Thanks, I'm watching closely. Starting to show bumps on some of the nodes but no pistils yet. I'm trying to let them go as long as possible just to be sure before starting to chop.

When they start looking like there's enough to make the call, maybe I'll put some pics up here.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
They went into the ground the 18th. Will be thinning once I take clones and they have rooted early August. We could definitely use some rain.

picture.php

picture.php

LizardMan

OG_NoMan - should be another killer year... Nice line up to! Do you take clones early or wait to see how they do outdoors before selecting clones?

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
OG_NoMan - should be another killer year... Nice line up to! Do you take clones early or wait to see how they do outdoors before selecting clones?

I will be taking clones back inside right before they start to flower. These strains are for effect so whether they do well or not the real test is how they do indoor this coming winter. As long as a few make it to harvest outdoor I will be happy. Every round of growing gives me that much more experience and hopefully with that better results. I just had to burn about 1-1/2 pounds of awesome indoor nug because of PM that was my fault for letting temps and humidity get to crazy. Good luck all :D

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I don't think growing in the ground is gonna work for me this year. I couldn't get a soil test so I just kind of guessed what it needed, and my plants haven't grown outwards at all, just up. I think we messed up tearing the ground up, it broke up all the roots and the ground has re solidified into basically clay. The are just growing upwards, like they are root bound, I don't think the roots are strong enough to penetrate this mountain I'm stuck growing on. The autoflowers were a complete write off, they are all the same size as when I put them in. The WCx4DD are not nearly as big as the ones I had in my tent for the same amount of time. I think I'm gonna have to throw some of my indoor plants out there in pots, just to get something to show for this season.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Sorry to hear AP. I will have extras after sexing and can hook you up if need be.
You'll still have a good season and enough to get by.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
I don't think growing in the ground is gonna work for me this year. I couldn't get a soil test so I just kind of guessed what it needed, and my plants haven't grown outwards at all, just up. I think we messed up tearing the ground up, it broke up all the roots and the ground has re solidified into basically clay. The are just growing upwards, like they are root bound, I don't think the roots are strong enough to penetrate this mountain I'm stuck growing on. The autoflowers were a complete write off, they are all the same size as when I put them in. The WCx4DD are not nearly as big as the ones I had in my tent for the same amount of time. I think I'm gonna have to throw some of my indoor plants out there in pots, just to get something to show for this season.

Dude your soil would be fine if you just had it tilled up good one time and added a few yards of compost to it.
picture.php

shit if you just raked the leaves up from those trees in the background and composted them over the winter every year you could make that work.

when you tear the ground up you need to add organic matter and some minerals, it doesn't have to cost anything it's all around for the taking besides some lime and gypsum...

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Dude your soil would be fine if you just had it tilled up good one time and added a few yards of compost to it.
View Image

shit if you just raked the leaves up from those trees in the background and composted them over the winter every year you could make that work.

when you tear the ground up you need to add organic matter and some minerals, it doesn't have to cost anything it's all around for the taking besides some lime and gypsum...
Unfortunately no, just tilling it up wouldn't have helped, the ground up here is mostly clay. The last year we were above slightly optimal in everything except calcium, so all I added this year was some lime. It's gonna take years and years of working the soil to get it to be worth anything at all. My mistake this year was after letting the cover crops grow over winter, we went in and completely tilled that land. The cover crops had done a bit to break it up, but by tilling all that it let the ground re solidify into a dense clay and the plant roots just aren't strong enough to break through. Went from a patch of green in a clearing, to a rocky clay patch in a clearing. Lesson learned! But yeah I'm in it for the long haul hopefully can turn this into an actual grow plot given enough time and energy :)

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Unfortunately no, just tilling it up wouldn't have helped, the ground up here is mostly clay. The last year we were above slightly optimal in everything except calcium, so all I added this year was some lime. It's gonna take years and years of working the soil to get it to be worth anything at all. My mistake this year was after letting the cover crops grow over winter, we went in and completely tilled that land. The cover crops had done a bit to break it up, but by tilling all that it let the ground re solidify into a dense clay and the plant roots just aren't strong enough to break through. Went from a patch of green in a clearing, to a rocky clay patch in a clearing. Lesson learned! But yeah I'm in it for the long haul hopefully can turn this into an actual grow plot given enough time and energy :)

Have you tried gypsum? Will give you calcium, helps break up clay, won't change your Ph. Good luck as I am learning there is a lot to organics. I also have some extras if you are in need and haven't already taken care of that;)

kritios

I got a little bit of a late start this year, a ways behind most of you all. May have left the plants in small pots/seedling mix too long, we'll see. Just transplanted to some 2 gallon pots a week ago.

Here they are a few days ago, just starting to green up. One black pearl on the left and two blueberry on the right. Still waiting on sex for these three.

Also started two fem C99. Im going to run one of these outside in the sun

and the other in my tent under my new LED.

I can see how the growth rates compare.