What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Massachusetts Grow 2020

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Awesome, I've actually been trying to slow them down. You started them pretty early and I don't want them to outgrow the greenhouse. I've been topping them on every node pair. I wonder if aggressive trimming could have an effect on the plants resistance.
:woohoo: I hear that, my tent doesn't have any more place to raise the lights too, everything is gonna get put outside as soon as I cut some clones. And I don't think trimming would effect the resistance much, but ya never know.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
DAMN !!!

do those spray things work on Rogue Cops ?

They're awesome! I got some 24" nozzle extensions for them from the Battle of the Borg. They're bent so it shoots up from underneath getting all the mites.

Green Squall

Update on my lone Alaskan Purple Auto. Its healthy as can be and and flowering is well underway. I've seen zero signs of pests and no PM to speak of. I love the simplicity and am damn near tempted to focus more on autoflowers in the future.

picture.php

yardgrazer

Feels like I'm watering so much these days, keep coming out to wilting plants. Wish I move up to a larger container, but I'm stuck with what I have (can't remember if they're 15 or 20 gallons - not nothing, but not gigantic either).

ETA: I think I might be making the classic mistake of watering too often but not enough when I do water. Will try to correct that.

Last edited:

yardgrazer

First round plants are long since sexed, testers are starting to show preflowers but not quite far enough for me to feel comfortable culling the males.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Did a bunch of potting today. Potting table is in the shade and it's still hot. Good advice from OG Noman on Seranade. One day after hitting them and there is visible improvement. Probably going to stick with it as a preventative along with Organocide. The Green Cure was useless.

Still no indications of sex.

picture.php

yardgrazer

Just realized my "15, or 20 gallon" pots are actually 9 and change. Doh!

I'm just growing for myself so no biggee, will just keep it in mind for next season. I don't think taking 4 foot bushes out of the 9 gallon pots would be an easy feat anyway.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Started defoliation and training a bit today and broke one most of the way through the main stem. I put a support under it hoping it heals itself. Sprayed serenade and safer soap today on all plants except the one I broke. Will give it a few days then defoliate and spray the last one. Probably gonna start top dressing gypsum next week and after watering today I think I am gonna water in some fish emulsion on Friday. Good luck all :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

Broken
picture.php

Last edited:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Definitely tape and a stick,
but for repairs like that, i prefer 3/4 or 1 inch masking tape...

It's cheaper and I think it does a better job...
Also, after the stem heals, and continues to grow in thickness, it can bust thru the masking tape..

The duct tape is too strong and can restrict the stem's growth...

Masking tape is also a whole lot easier to remove at harvest time...

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
The break is in a very hard to tape area and I don't want it to be straight again by using splints and tape. Gonna let it go and see if it heals up which I think/hope it will. Best case it heals in a few days and I achieved what I originally intended, worst case is it doesn't heal and I have to finish cutting it. I had something similar to this happen indoors and it was fine. As long as the top half doesn't wilt which it hasn't yet I think it will be good. Thanks for the great suggestions :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I've done some bends that looked like the branch was a goner and it ended up fine with a huge knuckle. If they are strong to begin with then they are real fighters.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think she will survive ...sometimes you got to do ....what you Gotta do...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Going light dep next year with the goal of having it done September 1.

picture.php

kritios

Zeez, the color on those plants looks fantastic. You should be well set up for light dep next year & finished before the rains of October.

OG Noman, your plants are looking great, too. Plenty of room for them to spread out. I've got mine fenced in too, or the rabbits would have their way with em. As it is I'm battling some slugs. The came late this year but they came.

Outdoor, two blueberry up top. The left one showed sex so I plugged it into my raised bed. Lower right is black pearl, still no sex. Lower left is my OD C99.

picture.php

picture.php

& I know its a little off topic, but here is the indoor c99 started the same time. It flopped over a little, but it is really packing on growth under the HLG. She is way ahead of her outdoor sister, but hasn't been pounded by hail or munched on by slugs. I took some clones of her, and the stem rub has a fantastic lemon scent.

picture.php

Started defoliation and training a bit today

What sort of benefit do you get from defoliating and to what extent do you do so?

I've always thought that removing leaves was entirely an indoor thing?

The only defoliating I do is removing some of the lowest and inner most leaves. And then during flowering I might snip a leaf or two here & there if they are blocking a bud from getting sunlight most of the day.

T

TakenByTheSky

What sort of benefit do you get from defoliating and to what extent do you do so?

I've always thought that removing leaves was entirely an indoor thing?

The only defoliating I do is removing some of the lowest and inner most leaves. And then during flowering I might snip a leaf or two here & there if they are blocking a bud from getting sunlight most of the day.

I don't know why anyone would defoliate to such a degree during veg outdoors. The leaves are the solar panels of the plant that help them perform photosynthesis. Until flowering starts they need those leaves.