What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Anybody seeing more bud rot? I caught off two more branches today. One had some browning in a couple of bud sites, while the other one had that classic spider-web puffiness forming on the main cola. They were on opposite sides of my grow. The next 10 days it looks like maybe only 1-2 days of rain here with warmer temperatures, so I am thinking don't early harvest, and just keep vigilant. Perhaps early harvest worst case on the 10th or 11th. I would like to wait until the 20th, but if we get back to back days of rain in mid-october, I think its too much risk.

Thoughts?

What I have come to believe through my own observation: we get rot because either there was a piece of dead debris sitting in the bud or a caterpillar/boring bug that eats and leaves debris to rot. This is my opinion :tiphat:

Mengsk

Bugs or spores or could be cal mag deficiency sometimes. You can spray and/or put up netting though the soil and plant health matter too.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
no bud rot here yet but my calcs flowering didnt start until mid august! you can imagine i still have until mid november to go!

Oh man, You're not kidding.
Got some moldy popcorn buds here and there. Dealable. An still having a few caterpillar issues. It's humid as hell on the Cape and more rain coming. Gonna hang in there with these. Got OGKB out there too - All cloudy.

Here's the Forum Cut.
picture.php

GG4
picture.php

Yeah, the rain is a pain in the ass this season.

I'm pulling the last 3Ch, it's ready and the sparse lower flowers that have seed are naturally employing mold to dislodge the seed.

It's done making pistils, those that came out in the past week stayed small and skinny. It's got fat buds and it's really starting to purple. Pretty.
I'll get a bunch of bud shots then give her the chop.

The stuff I got from the first 3Ch is really curing nicely -all sorts of funky cheese smells and a piney berry smell, too.

It smokes good in a joint, great in a bong, and really stones you.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Yeah, the rain is a pain in the ass this season.

I'm pulling the last 3Ch, it's ready and the sparse lower flowers that have seed are naturally employing mold to dislodge the seed.

It's done making pistils, those that came out in the past week stayed small and skinny. It's got fat buds and it's really starting to purple. Pretty.
I'll get a bunch of bud shots then give her the chop.

The stuff I got from the first 3Ch is really curing nicely -all sorts of funky cheese smells and a piney berry smell, too.

It smokes good in a joint, great in a bong, and really stones you.

Most of what you have done in this thread is talk shit to people. Every person who was thinking of cutting early, you told them how sub par their bud is and how much weight they are losing and blah blah blah... meanwhile you started cutting at 6 weeks and according to you its the best cheese in the world. Really not trying to argue with ya but this is supposed to be a thread of support and help for each other. Not a thread for you to tell people how much better than them you are. Good luck

Most of what you have done in this thread is talk shit to people. Every person who was thinking of cutting early, you told them how sub par their bud is and how much weight they are losing and blah blah blah... meanwhile you started cutting at 6 weeks and according to you its the best cheese in the world. Really not trying to argue with ya but this is supposed to be a thread of support and help for each other. Not a thread for you to tell people how much better than them you are. Good luck

Define "talk shit".
What, I offer my own experience to try and give people data points.

How is that talking shit?
The thread is "Mass Grass 2018" so I am not sure where it was a dedicated thread of support and help and not just a general "Mass Grass 2018" topic.

I think you're projecting your own end-of-season stress on to me, just because I'm opinionated and tend to repeat myself.

I'm an old man... can't help that much, really.

For what it's worth, this 3Ch was not cut at 6 weeks. The first was cut at around 8-9, and this one is gonna be 10-11 weeks.

Also... I said the smoke was good.
That's a far cry form claiming it's "the best cheese in the world".

FFS man... get a grip.

Really.

What up fellow Mass Holes :biggrin: I thought we could all share our comings and goings of this years season. This year I am gonna try keeping my plants shorter and bushier cause last year was a pain in the ass taking care of 13 foot christmas trees. I put my plants out yesterday from a t5 to shade with some filtered sun. Today they are in full sun and seem to be very happy. Got 5 more holes to ammend tonight and the plants will go in the ground its looking like friday morning as I am busy as hell. Well good luck out there and happy growing :plant grow:

Please show me where you asked people NOT to share what they've learned and to NOT offer helpful advice where they can.

Jesus.

I don't want to write you off, because I like seeing your posts and learn things while visiting this thread.

I just don't get it.

Why the hate?

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Not trying to hate, just noticing that you are telling people that harvest a little early that their bud wont be good. Then you take your cheese at 6 weeks and claim its done. What week are you counting flower from? Did you start flowering indoor then move them out? I estimate the plants in mass started flower @ 2nd week of august that would put us at week 7-8 currently. This coming weekend in my Opinion the shorter finishing plants will be done with the rest following in @2 weeks. If you are looking for more amber and a sleepier stone I would add 1-2 weeks to those times. I will be making my decision on what to take based on trichome color, weather, and the time I have to harvest. Good luck

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Ok, no stress.

This is one thread where people help each other, un like other places where they only tell half the story and they won't give up "trade secrets" so their stuff looks better. We have allot of knowledgable people here. All the wannabe legal states looking at our shit and drooling. Hahahaaaha.:dance013:

I've been growing 2.5 years indoors. Last year it failed miserably outdoors. This year, second try, it worked out pretty good with your help. I'm a fat cat and set on weed till next years outdoor with a greenhouse. We just need to keep rollin and up our game to show those suckers.

End of speech. People throwing bottles and shit. Lots of booing.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I don't mind if people talk shit about my weed.
Just means more for me :D
Also on that second shot, anybody seen those yellow marks before? I'm not sure if it's a nutrient issue or a big issue. I will try to get some better pics with the marks in focus. Camera keeps focusing on the leaves instead.

yardgrazer

Reminds me of the time(s) my wife made chocolate cake, and I informed her it was awful, awful cake and she shouldn't serve it to anyone - but as a good and loyal person I would step in and remove said cake and make sure it is properly disposed of where no one would ever learn of its horror.

Just terrible!

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I'll post in here see if any of ya'll seen this before. Started as yellow leaf spots, progressed to brown fuckery. It's very obvious looking at the leaves from the bottom as it lets tons of light shine through. I'm not sure if it's nutrient or pest, but I'm leaning towards pest just because it only seems to be on the south west side of the plant. Any ideas throw them my way and thanks! :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Hmm. I feel like it's starting at the middle of the plant, not the bottom, but I already have Serenade which is Bacillus Subtilis, which is supposed to be good to fight septoria. :tiphat: I will do Serenade next time I'm out there, it's been greencure out the ass the last few weeks cause this rain just doesn't want to stop. Thanks hellgrammite.

It looks fairly well spread. I would treat, but consider harvesting soon. Sepetoria won't do as much damage as PM or Budrot, but it will slow down bud growth alot. My 15 footer has it bad (I can't squeeze a ladder in often to trim it!), and its losing branches. Fortunately, it hasn't spread too my two near finishers.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
All those shots are grouped around the one corner of the grow, I think the south-west. The rest of the plant looks good, fingers crossed. The other strain next to it the Animal doesn't seem to have been hit by whatever it is either, knock on wood. I'm hoping they can keep kicking ass till the end of the month. Burn a goat in sacrifice. All hail zeus. Did I forget anything :D Tomorrow they get the trim any leaves looking fucky. Gonna do a bud by bud mold check. Marduk rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCoiNj09xBM

Last edited:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
AP, They look like they're pretty close to ready.

Chopped a GG4 today. Six coat hangars loaded to the max. Smaller stems were hung double or triple. Looks like a decent haul.

That last rain was too much for them. There was no way they could hold those heavy buds up. Looked in the scope and saw a few ambers. Good enough.

Chop chop chop :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts