What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Rain is finally ending. Maybe I can get them dried off.
picture.php

Here's the Hammers Kush. Still a way to go.
picture.php

dufous

There's sure to be some rot on the Satoris I will harvest in a few days. The buds are thick, especially the main cola. Mandala is in the jar. Just a spot or two at harvest, mid-September. There always is.

Bangi Haze is rockin' this weather. No signs of mold or pm, as of Thursday. Plants are standing 6 or 7 feet above the swamp tubes. I plan to harvest within a week, checking the trichomes with a loop in the next few days. I prefer cloudy and not much amber.

Attachments

• 001 Satori.jpg
    001 Satori.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    001 Bangi Haze.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Just blew off all the plants with a back pack blower. Lost 2 lower branches to boytrytis but still saved a few nice buds off the branch. Fingers crossed for the weekend because if you are gonna lose its probably gonna be this weekend IMO.

No cut yet for me. Getting closer, but I have had zero mold or rot issues. Plan on giving it another 2-3 weeks for the slightly more indica phenoms, and 3-4 weeks for the Sativa leaning. Keeping a close eye on it since I don't want to risk pounds of cannabis, but also don't want to harvest too early.

c9TbUAj.jpg

p3f3sR7.jpg

kFqAE3w.jpg

Anyone cut yet?

Plans?

I took a Triple cheese last Saturday because the trichomes were ALL cloudy.
It's got a good stink to it, cheesy and a little skunky, with berries and minty pine in there, too. Half of it is dry and starting the cure in jars; now I'm just waiting for the grassy smell to dissipate and the real sweet cheeba stink to start in. The potency is definitely there, though... 3 bong hits off of my little tiny bong and I'm pretty well ripped. It's certainly a night time smoke, but I've been smoking it during the day until the NepJam get done and harvested.

The second Triple Cheese is still growing and getting really purple now. Buds are good and heavy. Lots of resin, too!

I'd estimate that maybe 5% of the pistils are still reaching, but only on lower branches now; the rest are shriveled up all the way.

EDIT: Not going to cut this one tomorrow... Gonna let it keep on going until it shows me it's finished. still finding new pistils, and I want to see just how purple this one gets. Why the hell not, right? I pulled 5oz dried off the first plant, and this one has much fatter colas. It seems to be in need of another week, so I'll be patient.

Aside from two small areas on ONE NepJam plant, I've not gotten much mold. I attribute this to preventative GreenCure treatments every 5 days or when it's pouring rain, and some follow-ups with H2O2/water spritzes in between.

Haven't seen a caterpillar in over a month now. They're gone by, for sure, but if I hadn't used B.t. I'd have lost a half dozen tops.

The tops I bored into above the borers and injected B.t. into were all saved; still packing on more calyxes and still growing.

Fuck those cats. Fuck mold.

Last edited:
Spoke too soon. Found some bud rot on couple of branches. Hacked them off. This plant has looked a little less healthy lately, so I think he is more susceptible, even with less dense buds.

A contributor might be I found a small branch with buds tucked behind it that had broken off or I neglected to move last week in my pruning. It was covered in mold, and may have been the primary spore generator.

Keep an eye on it over the next few days. Fortunately the dryer and sunnier conditions should help prevent too much spreading.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Taking the 2 platinum huklberry cookies tomorrow afternoon. Its ready and I dont want to lose any more. Guessing they should be about 1 1/2 when all is said and done but honestly not sure as most of what is growing is super dense and could add up fast. Good luck all

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
be care full using a blower. Unless you are above the canopy blowing downwards.

If you are just blowing the plants you are pushing that water into the buds

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran

Personally I use the blower as a way to shake the plants vigorously by bursting the air and keeping it moving. I don't really blow the plants and definitely stay away from the ground so you don't blow dirt and debris up into your bud.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor

The rain we've had was ridiculous. If rain was going to get into the buds then it would have by now. I don't think you can push water into buds. I blasted them with nice dry air and could see the water drops flying off the plants. The mold happens where the water sits and it can not get evaporated. That's why its a good idea to get rid of interior fan leaves that don't get much light and block ventilation.

Anybody seeing more bud rot? I caught off two more branches today. One had some browning in a couple of bud sites, while the other one had that classic spider-web puffiness forming on the main cola. They were on opposite sides of my grow. The next 10 days it looks like maybe only 1-2 days of rain here with warmer temperatures, so I am thinking don't early harvest, and just keep vigilant. Perhaps early harvest worst case on the 10th or 11th. I would like to wait until the 20th, but if we get back to back days of rain in mid-october, I think its too much risk.

Thoughts?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
If your flowers are just about ready and its gonna rain for 2 days.....Id cut a week early.
If you think the plants wont get much rot at this point in their flower cycle than just leave them till they're done.Just keep taking out caterpillars and cutting out any rot, daily, until harvest. Good luck man. Hope you crush it this season!

The rain we've had was ridiculous. If rain was going to get into the buds then it would have by now. I don't think you can push water into buds. I blasted them with nice dry air and could see the water drops flying off the plants. The mold happens where the water sits and it can not get evaporated. That's why its a good idea to get rid of interior fan leaves that don't get much light and block ventilation.

Hmm... from what I've observed cannabis flowers are designed to naturally shed water, and even during heavy downpours, as long as the limbs aren't bent sideways, water cascades over the sugar leaves and falls without getting "in there".

Still, it's the relative humidity more than anything that lets mold get started so it's moot. Plants can get wet, it does't hurt to give them a shake by hand or with a leaf blower.

It's the plant's own defenses, (or lack thereof,) that give mold a chance.

Also... mature seed bracts that have a "ready to fall" seed in them turn off and actually INVITE mold -to rot the husk off and let the seed drop.These plants didn't evolve to be prime smoke-able and tasty herb... they evolved to procreate. That means seed production and dispersal.

I've had no mold problems on the 3Ch, but really mature seeds got a bit moldy on one or two limbs. Just at the seed. I plucked them off, spritzed with H2O2 and theyre fune

Anybody seeing more bud rot? I caught off two more branches today. One had some browning in a couple of bud sites, while the other one had that classic spider-web puffiness forming on the main cola. They were on opposite sides of my grow. The next 10 days it looks like maybe only 1-2 days of rain here with warmer temperatures, so I am thinking don't early harvest, and just keep vigilant. Perhaps early harvest worst case on the 10th or 11th. I would like to wait until the 20th, but if we get back to back days of rain in mid-october, I think its too much risk.

Thoughts?

Not me, but I treat every 5 or so days with GreenCure.

I'd rather keep them from rotting and take them when they're ready than letting mold get out of control and having to harvest early and have sub-optimal yield.

Not me, but I treat every 5 or so days with GreenCure.

I'd rather keep them from rotting and take them when they're ready than letting mold get out of control and having to harvest early and have sub-optimal yield.

Um okay. Good for you. Thanks for the....advice....

Overgrow, thanks for the thoughts. While everything is quite sugary at this point, I think it needs at least 10 more days to be a decently effective weed. I tried using potassium bicarbonate for treatment last year, but it didn't help.

Strangely my heaviest buds have been mostly unaffected, its been the less developed buds.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Hmm... from what I've observed cannabis flowers are designed to naturally shed water, and even during heavy downpours, as long as the limbs aren't bent sideways, water cascades over the sugar leaves and falls without getting "in there".

Still, it's the relative humidity more than anything that lets mold get started so it's moot. Plants can get wet, it does't hurt to give them a shake by hand or with a leaf blower.

It's the plant's own defenses, (or lack thereof,) that give mold a chance.

Also... mature seed bracts that have a "ready to fall" seed in them turn off and actually INVITE mold -to rot the husk off and let the seed drop.These plants didn't evolve to be prime smoke-able and tasty herb... they evolved to procreate. That means seed production and dispersal.

I've had no mold problems on the 3Ch, but really mature seeds got a bit moldy on one or two limbs. Just at the seed. I plucked them off, spritzed with H2O2 and theyre fune

Good stuff. Standing water too. All of my experience is indoor. It made a big difference if there was adequate ventilation and the plant was well trimmed to let the air through.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
I harvested most of the Bloo Dream colas off my plants yesterday.
I found myself chasing spots of mold every day and it's about ready anyhow.
To tell the truth I'm also over it. Tired of tending these plants for the last few months. Rain coming again tonight and bow season starts this morning. Time to move on.
They came off super sticky and smelling predominately like wild grapes. Im very happy with the outcome.