What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Update:
At least I made it to the first week of October.
Ironically I found two smaller caterpillars yesterday, and today those same colas had budrot. If caterpillars went extinct tomorrow, I think 90% of Budrot in MA would disappear.

You would be correct. Its not the rain that causes it. Its the organic matter on and in your buds that get wet and sit there for a long period of time. Like caterpillar poop. Tree matter:leaves, pine needles, all around organic tree matter.
The cannabis plant has been around 100's of thousands of years and did just fine without our help. Its evolved to rot near harvest to release its seeds easier. Also, oil and water dont mix. If you have strong genetics and a healthy eco system, the plant should be able to take care of itself pretty good.
Just gotta pick caterpillars out every day and cut out any small pieces of rot. :tiphat:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Forum Cookies.
picture.php

NENugger

Two weeks late on the reply. I have had mold since the prolonged raining. I cut it out when I find. Maybe a couple percent loss at this point. I'm hanging in there with the Bangi and Queen Mother to see they can take a little frost as advertised.

So I have probably 12-14oz hanging for a few days, and another 1-2 pounds still outside for the Orient Express. Sporadic budrot and PM at this point, but hoping to scrape together another pound next week from it.

Smoke report:

So as my first successful grow, I took a bud that I put near the dehumidifier that was extra dry. Ground it up (still a bit wet) and smoked a bit through the vaporizer.

Flavor - was a lackluster, but this hasn't been cured or properly dried, so I expected that.

High - WOW. Not sure if its because I never had a good Sativa before, or because it was an early harvest, but what an expresso shot. My thoughts were moving very fast at first, but then moved into a more controlled but steady moving pace. Super energetic, after about half an hour I worked out because of wave of energy. No paranoia, and a steady euphoria. WOW.

Given the Vietnam Black heritage, I guess I shouldn't have been that surprised.

NENugger

Great report HellG I have been thinking about cutting some of my Bangi Haze but it looks too early. Maybe I'll cut a couple of branches and compare the effects based on harvest time to decide which I like best.

NENugger

Here's my little patch of heaven.

3 Bangi Haze, 2 Queen Mother and 2 Mass OD(Orient Express x Durban)

picture.php

Last edited:

NENugger

Couldn't wait any longer for fear of mold. Large (for me) main cola from Mass OD (orient express x Durban)

picture.php

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Harvest

Harvest

Finished cutting the majority last night, left the blue dream cross as its not done and left most of the lowers of the other plants. Plan to harvest the rest in a couple weeks if there is anything left to harvest.

Scout breath
picture.php

picture.php

Mutant
picture.php

picture.php

Cognac
picture.php

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Inside hanging

Inside hanging

Almost out of room, glad I took the PHC when I did because it wouldn't have fit.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Had to get rid of my indoor stable of girls unfortunately
picture.php

Have to have neck surgery and won't be able to maintain them through the winter. Plan to start popping seeds again mid to end of January. Happy harvesting everyone :woohoo:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I grabbed the top half of my liberty haze on Friday. I was worried about this hurricane leftovers coming up the coast dropping mold everywhere. I only had to trim out about 6 or 7 two inch nugs that had mold, but I knew it would be way worse if I waited till after this rain. I left the Animal out there since it seems much more mold resistant, and the bottom half of the liberty haze just cause it was looking like it could use a few more weeks. Hope everybody has wonderful harvest and this rain doesn't fuck ya'll.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
All done here as of yesterday. Michael was brutal down here. Any longer would have been risky. Half the grow is hanging in a tent at 60% humidity, other half is in storage.

Huge thanks and puff puff to the gods of grow and harvest for our successful season. Next season we'll be styling' in a greenhouse with light dep. Thanks to to Mass Grass buds and all the help from ICMaggers making this a very successful outdoor grow.

NENugger

Some harvested branches

Shorter Mass OD pheno. a couple amber trichs, decided early is better, plus more dense buds than BH or QM

picture.php

Branches from Bangi Haze clone. Cloudy, but had small mold spots on branches so took them. Rest of plant looking good for last ripening week or two?

picture.php

So harvested/began drying on the 6th, began trim/cure on the 11th. As you can see below, good harvest from partial one plant. I harvested the rest on 12th and plan to begin cure around the 20th, and plan to get two pounds potentally. All Orient Express.

One thing to note, and this is likely due to the strain and that I grew outdoors, is that the buds in the jars for a few minutes smelled like dirt/Onions. Very strong and pungent. The trim, overly dried, was more subtle with floral notes. I was a bit taken back, but my friend helping me trim said that fresh jarred weed he does smell like cat piss, so I should have no worries. Thoughts?

vqrwVkF.jpg

NENugger

Looks like everyone is finishing off well. I still have some plants out but it looks like frost Thursday night so trying to figure out what to do.
I still have 3 Bangi Haze and 2 Queen Mothers outside. I might bring the short QM inside as they aren't close to finish yet. The other is 7 ft. I could take the BH now, we will see.

Bangi Haze shots
picture.php

picture.php

Queen Mother in 3 gal pot I can take inside if necessary
picture.php

Last edited:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I saw that frost incoming too NeNugger. I was hoping the plants can take 1 night of ~30 and then harvest on Friday.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Hey Hellgrammite .
Just make sure to open the jars every day or two for the first week or so in order to let things air out.
Sometimes it seems as though the buds "ferment" in the jar if not given some fresh air.
Ive also noticed that trim left in a tray retains the desired odor but the jarred buds smell differently. The only real difference is the trim has gotten a lot more fresh air vs. the stagnant air in the jars.
JMHO.

Latest posts

Latest posts