What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mass Grass 2018

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I saw that frost incoming too NeNugger. I was hoping the plants can take 1 night of ~30 and then harvest on Friday.

Large plants can handle a few light frosts in my experience. They might not look alive first thing in the morning, but as soon as the sun hits them, they spring right back to life. Now the "Hard" "Kill frost", which usually happens around Halloween here, that is the end of the line for plants here. No matter the size.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Large plants can handle a few light frosts in my experience. They might not look alive first thing in the morning, but as soon as the sun hits them, they spring right back to life. Now the "Hard" "Kill frost", which usually happens around Halloween here, that is the end of the line for plants here. No matter the size.
Alright cool thanks! Definitely won't be out there till halloween. I just checked on them today and they should be able to handle 1 night, knock on wood.
15_10_2.gif

ic

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
Throwing a sheet over the plants at night will help protect them from a light frost.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Yeah, It's going to be chilly out there. Allot of wind damage in Mass today too.

I had one Bangi out there that has been ravaged by Budrot. It needed at least another week, but I clipped some buds off today so I would at least have a bit. I will take a look at it next week, but not expecting too much.

Satyros

The trim, overly dried, was more subtle with floral notes. I was a bit taken back, but my friend helping me trim said that fresh jarred weed he does smell like cat piss, so I should have no worries. Thoughts?

Yes, if enough chlorophyll is present, you may notice it offgas ammonia. But if so it should only be for a few days.

Dankwolf

My girls took 2 frost and one total freeze . the last one left buds and leafs frozen solid by morning . out of 3 strians only one plant was affected and it was only a few buds out of hundreds. Plants perked back up by mid day .:tiphat:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Strain dependant...some will some won't like it at all. :tiphat:
Definitely noticeable leaf curling tips on the liberty haze and the smaller animal plants, but the larger animal plant shrugged off the frost np. Even had a little bit of snow in one of the pots! I freaked out at first I thought it was mold.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
My girls took 2 frost and one total freeze . the last one left buds and leafs frozen solid by morning . out of 3 strians only one plant was affected and it was only a few buds out of hundreds. Plants perked back up by mid day .:tiphat:

Yeah the first time it happened to me it freaked me out. I had about 5lbs worth still in the ground. Go to the spot at 7:30 a.m. and the buds were frozen solid with a thin layer of ice on them, leaves all wilted and looking dead. Went back later around noon and you would never know earlier the buds were frozen. With the exception of a few dead wilted leaves.

NENugger

Frosty plants. Bangi Haze and Queen Mother

picture.php

picture.php

Nice frost on that bud, wrong kind. LOL
picture.php

Last edited:

NENugger

Frost is gone, I think no problems. The BH is ripe now so probably take dark morning tomorrow.
picture.php

Queen Mother not quite ready. Gonna move one in pot indoor

picture.php

Last edited:

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Took most of the lowers that were left today. Looks great and they are hanging. Plan to take my last plant Sunday. Will get some good bud pics up soon. Just got a stand magnifying glass so it should help with trichome shots hopefully. Got so much trimming to do. Good luck all :peacock:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Trying out the Forum cut a week ago. It's stable at 58%. A bit of mint flavor. This one makes 2018 a really great year. :dance013:

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I have a bunch and rotate through as they get too sticky. The alcohol in the jar is loaded.
I had the jar spill outdoors on a glass table and the next day when it dried, there was yellow hash all over the table top. Such a waste.

picture.php

picture.php

PDX Dopesmoker

I have a bunch and rotate through as they get too sticky. The alcohol in the jar is loaded.
I had the jar spill outdoors on a glass table and the next day when it dried, there was yellow hash all over the table top. Such a waste.

View Image

View Image

Get a magnifying glass and a straw and chase the dragon until your mess is all cleaned up.