What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malberry Seed Co. (pics encouraged!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr bub

I got one Malberry Nepali Hybrid as a freebie, its a sativa that won't finish, foxtail buds keep on growing, its now about 14 weeks and not a brown pistil. It doesn't look very crystally either. I think I might be wasting my space, but there's already a lot of time invested.
What would you guys do, let it go in hope it might finish in a couple of months, or compost it now and reclaim the space?

satva

Veteran
14 weeks and not a brown pistil

14 weeks from showing white pistils? Its hard to know if Malberry went thru a long multi year selection process or just seeded a Nepalese landrace. I haven't seen any grow report or history on the Nepali hybrid from Malberry. Other than this Nepalese, Cannabiogen traded for Reefermans' Nepalese genetics that were refined over several years. Lots of good reviews on Cannabiogen's Nepalese crosses, so there is some hope. In the 1970's i always had Nepalese hash, so I'd like to see these genetics work for you. If you have a long flowering sativa, you won't see as many crystals as on a hybrid, and it won't add crystals until its good and ready, and at harvest you'll have some white pistils, even at + 14 weeks.

I have a Destoyer clone Meao Thai leaning that's in week 13, with all white pistils, and not much resin. The Destroyer seed run went 16 weeks and didn't pack on resin until the end, its a tropical sativa so its always adding new white pistils at the flower tips. The high is very connoisseur and worth the wait. I'm going harvest this clone when I see some amber resin glands, or at least all cloudy.

I have a pack of these Nepali hybrid seeds so I'm interested in how they turn out, especially if there are good phenos that are long flowering sativa with a clear calm high, which is what Nepalese marijuana is famous for. I would like to cross a Nepalese sativa with Chimera's Highland Mexican / Blueberry F2. I thought this Destroyer would never add resin and weight, and then it did - at 15 - 16 weeks. Destroyer is a highly worked strain, crossed, selected, crossed, back crossed. My next run will be all Destroyer and I'll be selecting looking for the longer flowering phenos and hopefully one male.

Good luck, either way, I'd like to hear the end of the story.

Last edited:

mr bub

I'll let it go another month before making a decision. My space is small, only 400w, 6 plant perpetual and I like to take a plant every 2 weeks. This one is screwing things up. A little faster finish would be nice.
I've also run some malberry bhutanese. They had the same problem, but outside. Here in the NE they just kept on foxtailing forever, long strings of single flowers and a disappointing high.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
wow, not much added since I last visited. Well, while away from here I took the time to give a try to their Nepali Rukum and I sure am glad I did !
I've rather been bad so far at growing pure sativas, but I was pretty satisfied with the result on this one. Beautifull sativa with tons of flowering sites and capitated trichomes on stems, was done at 12-13 weeks. Great old school smoke, activating and psychedelic, After 2 or 3 months curing should be even greater. I made F1 cross out of her, with a LemonLarryOGK dad :)

Will post pics soon !

Irie !

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Here a few pics as announced, a few lower buds & side branches are missing due to over-sampling... :yummy:

She was in a 6-liters pot, and production was around 70-80gr.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Irie !

Brelva

Now that looks like a truest of true sativa, my friend!! :whistling:

I'd die to have some charas from that beauty. How's the flavor?

pinkus

Veteran
^^^boy howdy! makes me want to start popping my sampler pack... I need to get some in the ground here locally.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Now that looks like a truest of true sativa, my friend!! :whistling:

I'd die to have some charas from that beauty. How's the flavor?

I hadn't sampled it in a while, and doing so right now; very nice fruity sourness coming up when crushing the buds, sour hash aroma when smoked, With each puff you can feel the smoke going a little deeper in the lungs, the eyes are getting warmer, the head is buzzing, hmmmmm, it's good ! oh, I just felt a hint of honey on the exhale !

^^^boy howdy! makes me want to start popping my sampler pack... I need to get some in the ground here locally.

eheh, go ! go ! we need to see more of these beauties around !

Irie !

satva

Veteran
Thanks for the lovely pictures of the Rukum Nepali hybrid, exactly what I was waiting for! I'm curious about your pheno selection process. Did you select from several seeds based on sativa traits?

Looks like Southeast Asian / Highland genetics, I bet that one could have gone several more weeks, before it started to look like more like hashish and less like pretty white flowers.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Thanks for the lovely pictures of the Rukum Nepali hybrid, exactly what I was waiting for! I'm curious about your pheno selection process. Did you select from several seeds based on sativa traits?

Looks like Southeast Asian / Highland genetics, I bet that one could have gone several more weeks, before it started to look like more like hashish and less like pretty white flowers.

Hey satva,

hmm,nope, this is not the hybrid, but pure nepal mom. I amcurrently testing the cross I made out of it.
So no selection, I just picked a seed out ofthe glasstube and did what had to be done.I was lucky to get a female, and a very nice one !

Haven't grown much SEA genetics, just a few thai, can't say I find much similarity, but my experience is limited in that matter.

Different areas of the plant matured at different times actually, with lower branches done about two weeks before apex & upper branches.

Irie !

burmese

i have malberry bhutanese now //last full moon kept germinating// and they do fine like some nepaleses // double size than normal strains in my conditions/// 20cm wide and 13cm high

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
i have malberry bhutanese now //last full moon kept germinating// and they do fine like some nepaleses // double size than normal strains in my conditions/// 20cm wide and 13cm high

Wow! Exactly the strain I was after, I placed an order at a seedbank on the Bhutanese but never heard back from them. Any chance of pictures?

idiit

Veteran
^ what do you think of that seedbank?

doing research I've come across several strains that were not available anywhere else, yet hd seemed to have them.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
^ what do you think of that seedbank?

doing research I've come across several strains that were not available anywhere else, yet hd seemed to have them.

Their website is terrible that's for sure. I wouldn't know how to place an order there.

Lesnah

Malberry used to have a direct site but now they seemed to have been swallowed up by another seedbank. I was going to purchase "Orient Express" which supposedly is a Chinese Sativa.

I've heard mixed reviews about HD

There's another site that offers malberry Bhutanese but not sure if I can mention them here.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Malberry used to have a direct site but now they seemed to have been swallowed up by another seedbank. I was going to purchase "Orient Express" which supposedly is a Chinese Sativa.

I've heard mixed reviews about HD

There's another site that offers malberry Bhutanese but not sure if I can mention them here.

Don't make me wait until you have a 100 posts :laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts