What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malberry Seed Co. (pics encouraged!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I heard back from the vendor where I bought the seeds from . He got in contact with Malberry. They were very apologetic and said that there salesmen apparently put that pic up on there website .

They haven´t changed the pic yet...it´s all bs

Last edited:

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Ill see your pic stealing and raise you photoshopping

Before

picture.php

After

Malberrys shopped Drakensburg Gold

picture.php

Twigster

High grade seeds -are using Karmas picture 2 "Black Afghan" I swear their Purple Nepalese, is a pic of SWT 4 from here

-It looks like Malberry, High Grade seeds, Holy smokes are all the same company. Ripping pics from others to sale there bunk products.

-I've seen the picture Malberry is using for "Zambezi Gold" somewhere. It looks like Subcools "Third Dimension or JTR" I'll have to look around

I'm wondering where they got the rest of their pics, for there strains.

JVonChron

So I know everyone wants pics but the peshawar is not even picture worthy to me. I dont wanna say it sucks, but it sucks unless you like tall-leggy-pure sativas that take like 12+ weeks to finish. I saw one side by side with other less sativa dom strains that had been goin 9weeks and the PA looked so whispy and larfy compared to the others. I am sure it would turn into relatively good sativa but whos got that kinda time.

BlackBart

Veteran
I have the same situation as you JVonChron. My Peshawar plants are as wispy as can be after 14 weeks of flower . The Bhutanese are the same . From what I can tell these cultivars are wild and have not been worked at all . If there is a trick to growing them indoors I sure would like to know about it . I haven't posted pics because the plants look so raggy but maybe I should so peeps can see just what Malberry is selling .

K

Karma Genetics

yeah post them up,

Let all see what it realy looks like,

Gues thats why they needed some nice canna pic's.

I feel sorry for you bro, they haven taken advantege of you.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
This a cautionary tale for all of us. It's critical to take the time to do research before you buy any seeds. For example the guy that posted before me has a great reputation.

I would inform the retailer about your experience with these seeds. The more people that complain the sooner these guys will go away.

R.Fortune

JVonChron

ya unlucky for me, I was given them because I was overcharged for something else in my order, had no choice in the matter, and really wouldnt have chosen those tbh...oh well live and learn

caligula

I've been saying this for MONTHS! Thank you for tracking this stuff down!

Old Man "Malberry" named after an afropips strain but been around 30 years and ain't no grower ever heard of him. Get tha fuck outta herrrreee

That Bhtuanese is a fucking urkel or GDP grown in cold weather. And yep That Zambezi looks like one of subools JTR's

caligula

Note: I have had an 11 week afghani landrace Mazar, however it did have the typical more wide leaf structure.

I'm sure they'll use the excuse that the peshawar is actually one of the early sativas brought to afghanistan they used to make hash before they were using their own cultivars.

LOL.

high grade, malberry and holy smokes arent the same company its just that this malberry company came around and started selling seeds in bulk for cheap so companys like high grade that have there own site where they sell there beans bought them in quantity and sold them on there site as well as holy smokes it looks like got them and added them to there lineup but i always thought holy smokes was a legit company that worked african strains among others. i guess they got lazy and just started buying those quantity packs from malberry..

on high grade originally he had them as indicas cuz theyre afghani landraces obviously but then people that bought them started growing them and 13 weeks later with barely any buds they informed the man that they are definitely sativas and not indicas. most the people growing them just killed em off cuz they didnt wanna wait for them to finish (which was prolly a good idea) but i have the patience and time and thought to myself that it was cool they were sativas that were afghan landraces, figured that was a special thing. i got the black afghan which is the peshawar i think and the purple nepalese and mulanje gold.. i popped a few of each but the peshawar and purple nepalese didnt make it cuz of neglect but the mulanje golds i actually have two in flower, one is sickly as fuck and showing no flowers at all in like week 7 and the other is like an indica and super fast, as fast as my stardawgs, no smell yet, just hairy buds, maybe its like this cuz its rootbound or its just an odd pheno but ill see how they come out.. i would really like to find a nice mulanje gold.

its funny that this thread started out all positive with people buying packs all excited and then slowly started falling apart starting with fake pics and ending with trash genetics that dont even bud right.. just wispy fluff in week 13, even on the high grade site thats how the logs are.

they should be out of business soon and i feel bad for the people that bought large quantities, i mean maybe they could find a nice pheno but obviously these are wild wild landraces that have not been worked at all.. like they went and picked a million seeds randomly, cant imagine how they did it.

theJointedOne

Veteran
Thats crazy that they would think they could get away with it. Sadly I believe this sort of behavior is wide spread in our industry.

Heres to those who do it right :cheers:

bobman

how f'ing lazy are these guys. if you are going to steal from people at least put in a little effort, for christ's sake Peshawar Valley is not even located in Afghanistan.

"From the Peshawar valley in Afghanistan This is a rare authentic look into some real deal strains with electric high this is a good heavy loader strain to punt."

JVonChron

Over the weekend I had some humble pie. I went and saw a buddy who ran the identical peshwar, and his mollywhopped mine. Same run time,but he used Co2...made a huge difference....mine turned out gross his turned out pretty excellent in terms of looks and non-larfyness anyways.

BlackBart

Veteran
Yes Co2 can make a difference in the growth of the buds but still there description say's that the Peshawar and the Bhutanese are 10 week strains . I just got done drying my Bhutanese and Peshawar and about to try it out . I will let you folks know what I think of it soon.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I've found a few pictures of Mulanje Gold grows... there are 3 grow threads at least in google when you search for the strain, from where I've gathered this pictures. Besides the fact that the bank sucks, the strains at least seem pretty legit, like most of the african landraces i've seen... I wonder about the strain's source!

mulanje_gold2.JPG

mulanje5.JPG

DSC_0272006.JPG

DSC_0270006.JPG

DSC04901.jpg

Texan

Aside from the business ethics problems the seed sellers are displaying...

I don't think the genetics suck. They actually grow like what true landraces should grow like. Wild and unpredictable...

If people do not want to wait 12-16 weeks for a tropical sativa to mature, they should stick to genetics they know is proven to finish in their perspective time limit.

My two pennies.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
I've found a few grow threads in the Highgrade forums, there are few people running Malawi, Purple Nepalese, Bhutanese and so on.... the pics look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.