What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malberry Seed Co. (pics encouraged!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its a good thing we find these and spread the right info.. I have no problem with a vendor using any of my pics and they are.. They should always ask first. More often then not they are allowed to use the pic.. In this case the pic used is not even the same strain lol...

If this pic came from the worst seed bank there is im not suprised.. When I first started buying seeds I tried this comapny and they stole over 5k from my CC. I had to file forms about it. I did get the charge off of my card but there excuse was there site was hacked what does that tell ya..

G

guest3236

Well I'm still really interested to know if their beans are good... Some good seed companies do some shady things of course. Like most people I've been waiting for some news about this company. Keep us posted on the results. Thanks!

BlackBart

Veteran
OK ..I'll keep going but not very happy about Malberry . I will be in touch with them however and see if I can get some info on there practices if possible . Karma bro your sour jack is awesome looking and I will have to try her in the near future .

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
just ugly is all one can say......the Mulanje Gold I'm runnin' does appear to be very sat like and has much vigor........will see how far the shit is flung........

and thats fudged up Hammer....rippin' the CC that is.............and what a lame excuse to say they were hacked......guess it's possible, but doubtful.......

best to ya Bart in your finish.............

ganj on............

H

highsteppa

yea bart good luck finishing them up, even with the pic debacle...kudos for growing some landraces.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
There are few grow reports to be found on the net with some Malberry landraces for those interested and this photo thing (definitely not nice) sure is not going to discourage me giving a try at their stuff.

Irie !

BlackBart

Veteran
The Mango/Afghan will be done in a few weeks . I'll post some pics fairly soon of everything . Kinda thought folks lost interest in Malberry but the Bhutanese and the Pashawar are def Sat all the way . I'm really impressed with the Mango ...it has a very strong smell and is a hardy plant . I had a Bhutanese male that was early and had a strong smell of Privot so I made a cross with the Mango/Afghan. :tiphat:

BlackBart

Veteran
I heard back from the vendor where I bought the seeds from . He got in contact with Malberry. They were very apologetic and said that there salesmen apparently put that pic up on there website . Also they said that they had ventilation problems with there fem seed project and that's why I got male plants from the Bhutanese . They said that they would make good on the seeds if I had issues with them . I had a very early Bhutanese plant go male and I dusted one of my afghan / mangoes with it . I have one Bhutanese that is in full flower but one other, is struggling to put out pistils . Also the one Peshawar is not doing much after 8 weeks of 12/12 :watchplant:

G

guest3236

They KNEW why you got males. AWESOME.:biggrin:

Thanks BlackBart, and good luck with all your grows.

Rinse

Veteran
At least thats something Bart, shame the peshewar isnt doing much?
I would've thought seed companies have plenty of their own pics to use,
but its good they responded to you with an explanation.

BlackBart

Veteran
Here are a few pics of Herbari Afghan/Mango and one pic of the Bhutanese . Still have a few weeks to go on the afghans and the mango smell is really permeating the air . The Peshawar is flowering very slow as is one other Bhutanese . This is def a test in patience for me HA HA !! :tiphat:

Attachments

• Picture 066.jpg
    Picture 066.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 069.jpg
    Picture 069.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Picture 071.jpg
    Picture 071.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture 073.jpg
    Picture 073.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 22

homebrew420

Hey Bart those look real nice. I have wondered about these. And glad to hear there was at least some info given to your concerns. Well the proof will truly be at the end. Looking forward to hearing about finished product. Thanks for the info and nice work.

Peace

Goyakla

glad to see some Hebaria strains.... they had some killer genetics... fx. Shirin Gol (tadjki Hashplant) one of the best I have ever smoked and growed together with Shirin Mango and Afghan Mango... theyll knock u out totally.... gonna grow Shirin Gol together with Old school Hashplant.... the Pesawar seems to be a outside strain.. and its a Sativa.... so not for me... maybe the one from Bhutan.....

BlackBart

Veteran
I grew the Shirin gol a few years ago Goyakla . I think there were about twenty that I grew outside . There were some that were early by two weeks and some others that were later, but they were the better phenotypes . Very lemony and just as strong as any OG out there . Good luck finding a nice pheno for yourself ...its a cultivar that should be preserved IMO . :tiphat:

Status
Not open for further replies.